This article gives an overview of what to expect on our course final exams.
Each of our courses has a final exam that leads to a course completion certificate. Some courses have an additional exam that can lead to college credit.
Good to know
- You must pass the final exam to earn a course completion certificate; you do not need to complete any other part of the course.
- The Certificate Final Exam is present on every course with the exception of LiDA100. Pass this exam to earn a non-credit course completion certificate.
- The Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam is available only on courses that have been recommended for credit (https://www.saylor.org/credit/#courses). Pass this exam to earn a credit recommendation
About Saylor Academy course final exams
What to expect for all exams
- Exams are taken online at learn.saylor.org
- You can take the exam at any time
- You have up to two hours to complete your test – you must finalize all answers within two hours of starting the exam, and once you have opened an exam, that attempt cannot be cancelled
- Exams are typically 50 questions and typically multiple-choice, but this will vary; look at the description for the exam for any special notes
- You will receive your grade immediately after finishing your exam
- Correct answers are not supplied for incorrect or skipped questions
- We have some tips for how to study for our exams
- The passing score to earn a certificate is 70%
- We only consider your highest score, so it will not harm your grade to take the exam multiple times
This is how the exams appear on the main course page. The example we are using is BUS101. When viewing the course, you can click on the exam links to see more specific details about that exam.
Certificate Final Exams
- You can re-take a certificate exam one week after any attempt
- There is no limit on the number of attempts
- You may take the exam as “open book”, using your notes and course materials to help you
This is what you would see when you click into the BUS101 Certificate Final Exam link from the main course page. Note that there are more specific details about the certificate exam.
Saylor Direct Credit Final Exams
See our Saylor Direct Credit page for complete and important details.
- While you can take the exam at any time, your attempt must be monitored by a proctor, so you will need to make proctoring arrangements before taking your exam
- There is a waiting period of two weeks between attempts of a credit exam
- You can attempt the exam up to three times
- Most credit exams are “closed book” but some exams allow specific additional materials; all exams allow blank paper
This is what you would see when you click into the BUS101 Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam link from the main course page. Note that there are more specific details about the credit exam.
Was this article helpful to you?
- Not Helpful