Academy Home | Student Dashboard

Analysis Lesson

A. If you were the CEO of a large organization, what core values would you want to guide the behavior of your employees? First, assume that you oversee a large company that manufactures and sells medical devices, such as pacemakers, defibrillators, and insulin pumps. Your company was a pioneer in bringing these products to the market. Identify six core values that you would want to guide the behavior of your employees. For each core value, be sure to do the following:

• Indicate why it’s important to the functioning of the organization.
  • Explain how you’ll communicate it to your employees and encourage them to embrace it.
  • Outline the approaches that you’ll take in holding employees accountable for embracing it.
  1. Accuracy- Is needed to have our products precisely made.
  2. Integrity- Is needed to be honest to our customers.
  3. Accountability- Is needed to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong with our products.
  4. Commitment- Is needed to commit to what we put out to our customers.
  5. Organization- Is needed to keep things organized in our company.
  6. Professionalism- Is needed to be professional at all times.
  • These values are important to the functioning of the organization because values are made to hold up the organizations beliefs and makeup. To function you need to abide by the values.
  • I would express these values upon the hiring process and also through meetings.
  • I would hold the employees accountable by having them read the values and tell me which one they didn’t abide by. Then I would have them sign a copy of them saying they would adhere to them. This would be giving them another chance to try and do it.
    B Now, repeat the process. This time, however, assume that you’re the CEO of a company that rents movies and games at more than eight thousand outlets across the country.
  1. Service- Is needed for great service needed when doing any interaction with a customer.
  2. Responsibility- Is needed to keep the customers safe.
  3. Competency- Is needed to answer any questions the customers may ask.
  4. Mindfulness- Is needed to address any issues and be mindful of movie and game restrictions.
  5. Honesty- Is needed to be honest with customers.
  6. Motivation- Is needed to motivate each other as employees.
  • These values are important to the functioning of the organization because values are made to hold up the organizations beliefs and makeup. To function you need to abide by the values.
  • I would express these values upon the hiring process and also through meetings.
  • I would hold the employees accountable by having them read the values and tell me which one they didn’t abide by. Then I would have them sign a copy of them saying they would adhere to them. This would be giving them another chance to try and do it.