ARTH 101 Discussion Topic 1: Exposure to Art

arth101

I am an artist :slight_smile:

I have been exposed to an art through my mother who took me to a public library that had a huge separate section of art. I was able to spend whole days seeing the reproductions of most beautiful art pieces ever. Lately in my middle school age I also attend an art school, where I found out basic composition skills, and learned how to work with pencil. But I’ve never tried to sketch again.

Hello! I’m Emma <3

What has been your prior exposure to visual art?
I have had lots of exposure to many different types of art. This is mainly because I make art myself, and I’m just a big art fan. I enjoy going to art museums of all kinds, and my family always jokes around and says that I’m the artist in the family. I’m homeschooled now, but when I went to school I used to love art class. I’ve been an “artist” since I was young.

Do you make art? If so, what kind?
I do! I try all sorts of styles of art. I love doing lettering and calligraphy, and I also sometimes do painting. I do pencil sketches, paintings, journaling, and more. I’m all over the place, and I really like making/trying new things.

What is the medium you use? What kind of style is it? Who is your audience?
Like I said, I do painting (acrylic and watercolor. I have yet to try oil), calligraphy with brush pens and sometimes paint, and I also do journaling (sort of like scrapbooking. I use paper, washi tapes, markers, aesthetics to make the page look layered and cool haha). My audience is whoever likes it, but mostly myself. I share my art on instagram (@art_is_wild) but yeah! Just anyone who thinks it’s cool :slight_smile: I haven’t found my style yet. My style might just be doing everything :wink:

I’m excited to take this course because I love art and it’s one of my main passions :blush:

Personal exsploriations has been my prior exsposier to visiual arts. I have never made any art, but I recently have been wanting to get more into art and make art. Iv been wanting to get into painting, because a famous youtuber named bob ross will always be my inspiration.

Everybody is an artist in their own ways :slight_smile:

I love your answer and that is so true. Art is not just art people do art to exspress their emotions and too draw or paint or whatever they choose to do too exspress their feelings.

I paint with acrylics and I write poetry and screen plays.

I am an artist(primarily sculpture), teacher and art history major. My favorite Sunday begins with a gallery crawl and ends with painting the sunset. I am looking forward to new perspectives on the art I think I know as well as discovering art I never knew existed!

As a sculptor, I am currently working mostly in paper- I am interested in making large scale pieces, and mastering less expensive mediums is going to be key! Most of my past work as been fired ceramic clay or oil clay cast into plaster. Many of my pieces are abstract nudes, however I also build equine art. I raise horses and cattle, and would describe my style as naturalistic.

Are your paintings connected to your written works? Either as illustrations or related via inspiration?

I paint to my writings, sometimes, but i never write to my pairings.