BUS203: Unit 1 Discussion

bus203

Think of a company or social campaign that has caught your attention and assess it by using the 4 Ps of marketing (product, place, price, and promotion). Pick a product, service, or issue for which you might develop a marketing campaign. What are the first issues you need to address according to the fundamental rules of marketing? Beyond the topics covered in this unit, what would you suggest are other issues marketers should keep in mind in the twenty-first century marketplace as they launch a campaign?

Think of a company or social campaign that has caught your attention and assess it by using the 4 Ps of marketing (product, place, price, and promotion) The company that has my attention is that of the phone company like that of Sprint and T-Mobile. They both are by the same company umbrella but different names.
Product are Samsung and LG cell phones which company has the best phone and plan for me is it Sprint or T-Mobile. Sprint said that it has the best plan and buy out T-Mobile. Sprint said that they have the best coverage out the same for T –Mobile.
Promotion- Sprint said that you can lease a Samsung and LG phone for just a little a month add to you bill and T –Mobile has the same phones but you need to pay up front in order to get the phone. Even now Sprint has the newest Samsung Edge 7, buy on get on free just by adding another line.
Place- Getting the plan and phone out in the customer hands so that they can afford it and keeping the plan at a cost where the customer is able to keep the service on. The cost of both companies are about the same as for the plan. For me I found that T-Mobile for me in the plan department but sprint has the best service and don’t drop my calls.
Price- the monetary amount that I pay for the plan and sell phone was that if I chose Sprint I pay about $75 and mouth and with T-Mobile you pay up front and then the service is $60 a month.
With all that with the 4 P’s in mind I chose to go with T-Mobile the plan is one that I can keep up with and not have the surcharges when it is time to pay the bill which me a happy customer.
Pick a product, service, or issue for which you might develop a marketing campaign. What are the first issues you need to address according to the fundamental rules of marketing? The issue and product is that of health insurance saying that the parent does not have to have a parent in the room when it came to service. We the parents pay the bill. My first issue is to the doctors who say that it is okay to be service without a parent. Take birth control pills, how are they going to know that what they are giving this child is the kind of pill which is right for them. What if the child is not sure of the history in the family? So with that said to start I need to know the culture and the people who are interest in getting on birth control pills and how much this issue affect the public teens.
Beyond the topics covered in this unit, what would you suggest are other issues marketers should keep in mind in the twenty-first century marketplace as they launch a campaign? I would say that we should look at how safe is the product for every age group is it right for them, how can or would it benefit from have that product in hand.

The company that comes to my mind is Lucky’s market it’s a new grocery store in Florida They show the 4 P’s by the product their product is really good and it’s marketed very well by the labels and the taste test that they have at the store.
The area of the store is in a great location . the prices are really reasonable and affordable, Lucky’s promote their items very well, with website, Email Blast and Flyers that come in the mail to the home … they have a lot of visual items that help promote their company

The company that comes to mind for me is AT&T.
The product that I would develop a marketing campaign for is their cell phone service as a whole.
Promotion: AT&T has recently purchased Directtv and are offering an unlimited package of calls, texts, and data usage if you are a Directtv customer. Not all cellphone providers offer an unlimited data package so I would market this in comparison with those cell phone providers.
Place: I would place the promotional information in tv commercials, as inserts in the phone bill or the Directtv bills so that the information is available on both products.
Price: I would offer an introductory price for a period of time and then offer the products at a price that is less that the competitor if they bundle the products.

The companies Comcast and Amazon have two different ways of working with their customers. These two companies are the ones I worked with in the last few years. I believe Amazon has more to offer in the 4 Ps of marketing compared to Comcast. For example, I have bought many different products from Amazon and have not been unhappy with their services. They offer many different ways to help their customer with quick delivery or having their packages dropped off at local Amazon locker. The prices are compared to other products and try to give people better prices. For Amazon, I believe that many people do not have the finances to pay for the Prime Membership, which can limit people from free shipping and better prices. Just like a gym membership or rent at an apartment, a person has to pay monthly for their service or housing. If anyone breaks their contract, they have to pay the amount in full. If Amazon provides a way for people to pay a monthly membership for Prime, it could enhance productivity. Then Amazon can write something in their policy about the consequences when breaking a contract.

I believe Comcast does not follow the four Ps because of my personal experiences with them. Their product for cable, phone, and internet are very expensive. They do not work well with their customers without making their prices for their products go up each month. Every time the business does this, the customer has to call or go in and talk to them to make changes. I have had to deal Comcast and I am annoyed and frustrated with them for the way they work with others. After talking to many people who have worked with this company, they have had the same experiences just like me. I have had to threaten to quit and break my contract with Comcast just to get them to work with me and lower my bill. From my perspective, they employees do not work with customers, especially when I look at the four Cs and Ps in fundamental marketing. If there was another reliable service in my area I would change companies, but I need Internet for my college courses.

For both of these companies, I believe people need time to communicate with each other. There are so many companies that use automatic recordings that direct you to your menu on the phone. I believe our society has lost the sense of communication and one-on-one contact. Both of these companies have an automatic recording until you push the operator button or are on hold for a very long time. This would be another adjustment I would change if I had a company. I want to be able to relate and market a line of good communication to my sellers.

What do you think about that? Have you ever compared different companies together? What company would you choose over the other? I would like to know your feedback. What do you think about these two companies? What are your perspectives and experiences with them? Are there any other important marketing tools I am missing from these places?

The company thta come to my mind is Mcdonalds which is a fast food company providing foods and beverage products to its targeted customers who are mainly teenagers and busness personalities and parents with young children.
Mcdonalds PRODUCT lines include.
Hamburgers and Sandwitches,Chicken;Fish,Beverages,Salds and many other products.

PLACE,Mcdonalds restaurants are located in very many prominet place and locations making easier for their customers to access them ,eg in busy cities, they can also be found in mobile temporary kiosks stationed at big festivals,sports events and also orders can be placed on their mobile App.

PROMOTIONAL;Mcdonalds carries out communicationwith their customers in order to promote their products and attract them through advertising on TVS,radios and online media ,sales promotion by offerin discounted prices and coupons ,public relations through always giving a hand in Charity and many other ways.

PRICE,They use different pricing strategies includindodd even pricing beating the customers psycology making products to look cheaper than what they are instead of pricing $ 4 they charge $3.99 rounding it off to the nearest Dollar ,they also use price bundling strategy .

In today’s world the people have very less time, in this fast era, it is not very difficult to sell our products. According to my point of view we have to follow some rules. I only proof my statement according to my personal experience, I am working in a beverage market and I have seen that which beverage is easily accessable for the customer sell more as compared to others even thought very famous brands also has this problem. Due to this reasons lot of beverages shops hire persons for pulling-forward the products in racks.

The big super stores are much successful as compared to small shops because people has less time and they prefer to go in a place where they can buy every required things one time. Due to this point, lot of small firms merging with another and lot of firms making huge stores and try to provide all necessary things for the customers. Yes, of course in this way the sales will also increase.

Best Regards
Saeed

The company that has my attention is that of the car company its Volkswagen. The company contributed to the mother in the deployment of automotive culture since the forties of the last century it was a car the first people and science, said that Volkswagen this name taken along the lines of the popular solidarity, became known for this on behalf of (people’s car) and topped the company’s revenues in many forums in order to grow its business in the world and was the map the parent company than in the expansion which reached a car (Beetle) famous No. 1,000,000 in record time is the shortest in the history of Germany in the seventies of the last century. In spite of the great success of the company, it did not hesitate to expansion and ambition to conquer the world largest arrival of this masterpiece for every home. Expanded VW’s major carmakers to affect, Aft all her company (Audi) honored to reach the company (Lamborghini rich for definition) and following the recent bankruptcy due to the high cost of manufacturing was Volkswagen ڤajn hesitate to lend a helping hand and buy the biggest share of the shares of the car company Sports, Most German car falls under the umbrella of Volkswagen is the most prominent company ([[Porsche]]) Manufacturer ancient sports car.
It sold the German carmaker “Volkswagen” more than eight million Car of the Year 2011 on what its chairman Martin Winterkorn announced, which allows her to approach the first place in the world that seek it. The group which owns the Volkswagen and Audi brands, Seat, Skoda, Bentley and Bugatti and Lamborghini and trucks “in W.” has sold 8.156 million mechanisms across the world last year on what Winterkorn said participating in the Detroit International Auto Show, which opened on Monday, the first month of 2012.

1932–1938: People’s Car project[edit]

Model of Porsche Type 12 (Zündapp), Museum of Industrial Culture, Nuremberg
Volkswagen was originally established in 1937 by the German Labour Front (Deutsche Arbeitsfront).[5] In the early 1930s, the German auto industry was still largely composed of luxury models, and the average German could rarely afford anything more than a motorcycle. As a result, only one German out of 50 owned a car. Seeking a potential new market, some car makers began independent “people’s car” projects – the Mercedes 170H, Adler AutoBahn, Steyr 55, and Hanomag 1.3L, among others.

VW logo during the 1930s, initials surrounded by a stylized cogwheel and swastika wings[6]
The trend was not new, as Béla Barényi is credited with having conceived the basic design in the mid-1920s. Josef Ganz developed the Standard Superior (going as far as advertising it as the “German Volkswagen”). In Germany the company Hanomag mass-produced the 2/10 PS “Komissbrot”, a small, cheap rear engined car, from 1925 to 1928.[7] Also, in Czechoslovakia, the Hans Ledwinka’s penned Tatra T77, a very popular car amongst the German elite, was becoming smaller and more affordable at each revision. Ferdinand Porsche, a well-known designer for high-end vehicles and race cars, had been trying for years to get a manufacturer interested in a small car suitable for a family. He felt the small cars at the time were just stripped down big cars. Instead he built a car he called the “Volksauto” from the ground up in 1933, using many of the ideas floating around at the time and several of his own, putting together a car with an air-cooled rear engine, torsion bar suspension, and a “beetle” shape, the front hood rounded for better aerodynamics (necessary as it had a small engine).[8]
In 1932, with many of the above projects still in development or early stages of production, Adolf Hitler got involved, ordering the production of a basic vehicle capable of transporting two adults and three children at 100 km/h (62 mph). He wanted his German citizens to have the same access to a car as the Americans.[8] The “People’s Car” would be available to citizens of the Third Reich through a savings plan at 990 Reichsmark ($396 in 1930s U.S. dollars)—about the price of a small motorcycle (the average income being around 32RM a week).[9][10]
Despite heavy lobbying in favor of one of the existing projects, it soon became apparent that private industry could not turn out a car for only 990RM. Thus, Hitler chose to sponsor an all-new, state-owned factory using Ferdinand Porsche’s design (with some of Hitler’s design constraints, including an air-cooled engine so nothing could freeze). The intention was that ordinary Germans would buy the car by means of a savings scheme (“Fünf Mark die Woche musst du sparen, willst du im eigenen Wagen fahren” – “Five marks a week you must put aside, if you want to drive your own car”), which around 336,000 people eventually paid into. However, the entire project was financially unsound, and only the corruption and lack of accountability of the Nazi regime made it possible.[11][Note 1]
Prototypes of the car called the “KdF-Wagen” (German: Kraft durch Freude – “strength through joy”), appeared from 1938 onwards (the first cars had been produced in Stuttgart). The car already had its distinctive round shape and air-cooled, flat-four, rear-mounted engine. The VW car was just one of many KdF programs, which included things such as tours and outings. The prefix Volks— (“People’s”) was not just applied to cars, but also to other products in Germany; the “Volksempfänger” radio receiver for instance. On 28 May 1937, the Gesellschaft zur Vorbereitung des Deutschen Volkswagens mbH (sometimes abbreviated to Gezuvor[12]) was established by the Deutsche Arbeitsfront. It was later renamed “Volkswagenwerk GmbH” on 16 September 1937.[13][14]

VW Type 82E
Erwin Komenda, the longstanding Auto Union chief designer, part of Ferdinand Porsche’s hand-picked team,[8] developed the car body of the prototype, which was recognizably the Beetle known today. It was one of the first cars designed with the aid of a wind tunnel—a method used for German aircraft design since the early 1920s. The car designs were put through rigorous tests, and achieved a record-breaking million miles of testing before being deemed finished.
The building of the new factory started 26 May 1938 in the new town of KdF-Stadt (modern-day Wolfsburg), which had been purpose-built for the factory workers.[13] This factory had only produced a handful of cars by the time war started in 1939. None were actually delivered to any holder of the completed saving stamp books, though one Type 1 Cabriolet was presented to Hitler on 20 April 1944 (his 55th birthday).[13]

Coca cola company the way it caught my attention by using the 4Ps. First of the 4 Ps is product, Coca Cola made its product in such a way that it fulfills the needs of the people, that is what the consumers want from their product and looking at ways how the product can meet their needs. It is imperative that it gives a clear grasp of what the product is and what makes it unique from other soft drinks

Once there was a concrete understanding of the product, the price was made in a way that the it will impact profit margins,supply, demand and marketing strategy. Also the prices were made that good can be consumed at fair price and also the company can make some profit out of it.

Promotion was done by Coca cola , it had many ways of disseminating relevant information to consumers and differentiating coca cola products from their competitors . They promoted the product using elements like advertisement, public relations, social media marketing, email marketing, phone marketing through sms, online marketing,video, television, radio, news papers, magazines, mobile cars, public campaigns, fliers, billboards and direct interactions with the customers by a warding or winning prizes. Each is supported by a well positioned brand to truly maximize returns on investment

Place is also another important aspect for Coca Cola in such a way that , their products are found at the right place, at the right time and at the right price. Even in rural or most remote areas you can find coca cola products at an affordable price. The availability of the product is unique in such a way that it has captured a lot of people into consuming the Coca Cola soft drinks. Buyers do not have to look because it available everywhere.

In defining product, price, place and promotion must all be considered when making a marketing strategy by any product or brand. Whether dealing with startup or established business , balancing the above four element elements is critical to marketers working hard to position a particular product or brand in the market place.

Thinking of a company’s Apple as a brand readily comes to mind. The marketing department of Apple their focus on the core principles which are the 4 PS ( product, price,place and promotion). These are also known as the marketing mix .the marketers of the apple product will use this marketing mix to determine the proper strategy for their product ,because of the competitive nature of the market place. Introduction of a new touchscreen technology, first they will find a product where the touch screen technology will be useful such as phone, then determine a target profitable price that’s fair enough and convenient for the customers to pay and also identify the best place to sell the product to the customers( online stores or department stores)It behoves of the manager to determine on how to promote their product and services .it is this 4ps strategy that gives birth to the Apple or I phone.

I will suggest that on the other issue of market that company’s should focus on advertising and sales in the 21 st century after all other factors have been determined

The companies Comcast and Amazon have two different ways of working with their customers. These two companies are the ones I worked with in the last few years. I believe Amazon has more to offer in the 4 Ps of marketing compared to Comcast. For example, I have bought many different products from Amazon and have not been unhappy with their services. They offer many different ways to help their customer with quick delivery or having their packages dropped off at local Amazon locker. The prices are compared to other products and try to give people better prices. For Amazon, I believe that many people do not have the finances to pay for the Prime Membership, which can limit people from free shipping and better prices. Just like a gym membership or rent at an apartment, a person has to pay monthly for their service or housing. If anyone breaks their contract, they have to pay the amount in full. If Amazon provides a way for people to pay a monthly membership for Prime, it could enhance productivity. Then Amazon can write something in their policy about the consequences when breaking a contract.

I believe Comcast does not follow the four Ps because of my personal experiences with them. Their product for cable, phone, and internet are very expensive. They do not work well with their customers without making their prices for their products go up each month. Every time the business does this, the customer has to call or go in and talk to them to make changes. I have had to deal Comcast and I am annoyed and frustrated with them for the way they work with others. After talking to many people who have worked with this company, they have had the same experiences just like me. I have had to threaten to quit and break my contract with Comcast just to get them to work with me and lower my bill. From my perspective, they employees do not work with customers, especially when I look at the four Cs and Ps in fundamental marketing. If there was another reliable service in my area I would change companies, but I need Internet for my college courses.

For both of these companies, I believe people need time to communicate with each other. There are so many companies that use automatic recordings that direct you to your menu on the phone. I believe our society has lost the sense of communication and one-on-one contact. Both of these companies have an automatic recording until you push the operator button or are on hold for a very long time. This would be another adjustment I would change if I had a company. I want to be able to relate and market a line of good communication to my sellers.

What do you think about that? Have you ever compared different companies together? What company would you choose over the other? I would like to know your feedback. What do you think about these two companies? What are your perspectives and experiences with them? Are there any other important marketing tools I am missing from these places?a

The Company that comes to mind is Samsung, the firm has different types of products but the latest galaxy series really appeals to me.

Products The two models of the Galaxy A5 & A3 series comes in different colours, with high-quality hardware, useful features and a beautiful design.
Price : is affordable, galaxy A3 is sold at 299.00€ while the A5 sells at 399.00€.
Promotion: samsung uses attractive promotion strategy for the galaxy A5&A3, with the slogan "you can have lots of fun - whenever and wherever you want."
Place it is very easy to get Samsung galaxy, you can be found in the product in every electronics store such as media mart etc. It’s easily accessible and convenient for consumers to buy.

thinking of a big and successful company like M.A.C that produce and sell makeup ; applying the 4ps in this company is easy. Product: this company produce a good quality makeup that suits all skin types. Price: the price of its products not cheap and it i not too expensive ; actually comparing with its quality its considered a good price. place: this company has a branch everywhere around the world ;so it is easy to buy it wherever you are. Promotion: this company make many offers for their Customers and they allow them to try all the products on their skins before they buy it,and give them free Samples to try it on.
Pick a product, service, or issue for which you might develop a marketing campaign. What are the first issues you need to address according to the fundamental rules of marketing?
i choose a makeup products , the issue that i want to address is that most of the make up products is not medical and it could cause harm for the skin if we use it too much.
so this new makeup products are medical and full of vitamen and minerals

what is M.A.C?

I think of a company or social campaign that has caught your attention and assess it by using the 4 Ps of marketing (product, place, price, and promotion) The company that has my attention is that of the phone company like that of Sprint and T-Mobile. They both are by the same company umbrella but different names.
Product are Samsung and LG cell phones which company has the best phone and plan for me is it Sprint or T-Mobile. Sprint said that it has the best plan and buy out T-Mobile. Sprint said that they have the best coverage out the same for T –Mobile
So,those are 4Ps are very helpful to apply to the market and help a good succeful.

The iPhone X is one of the most talked about products which Apple launched in 2017. I will aim to evaluate the iPhone X using the 4 Ps (marketing mix).

Looking at the product features, the iPhone X is Apple’s premium product among the range of smartphones available. What makes it unique are features like an all-new 5.8 inch Super Retina screen, first OLED screen, TrueDepth cameras and sensors that enable Face ID. It also has the most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone, custom battery design that lasts up to two hours longer between charges than iPhone 7 and lastly, wireless charging.

Evaluating place or distribution, Apple products sell through several channels including both online and offline channels. There are diverse sales channels including its retail stores, known as iStores, and the Apple website as well as other e-retail sites. Apple’s distributors who are known as resellers can be found globally. Independent stores also buy the phones from distributors which it then sells in its shops located in places such as high-end malls.

On account of its uniqueness, quality and status, Apple iPhones follow price skimming strategy. In fact, the price of an iPhone X is one of the most expensive smartphones in the market and comes at a price of approximately, $999-00. The pricing was very controversial when the iPhone X launched. Also, Apple iPhone follows a similar pricing policy across all markets. To allow for price effectiveness, it follows a cost-effective operation strategy, with minimal cost spent on manufacturing, although maximum on Research & Development. Apple stores are providing an experience to its customers, and therefore the price is based on the added value of the experience over the product.

Apple is a celebrity, the most valuable brand and that gives it an edge over its competitors. Most of its products are promoted heavily in the media and become news even before they are released. Discussions are on about the upcoming model of an iPhone even before it has been launched. Its advertising strategy is known for being innovative. The brand uses some less known techniques which are highly innovative. The use of imagination gives the Apple ads an edge. Its television ads showcase videos made by its customers using the iPhone. Apple took a very different approach in the lead up to the iPhone X launch. It gave a small fraction of YouTube stars hands-on access before traditional outlets. It gave most reviewers a 24-hour window to organise their thoughts and then issued a press release featuring comments. Social media seems to be an important channel for Apple.

What are some of the issues we should take note of in the 21st century? In Apple’s case, the product becomes the channel when one considers the importance of mobile marketing. Marketing channels keep changing and evolving, and it is our job as marketers to keep up and innovate when dealing with marketing channels.

Source: https://www.cheshnotes.com/2017/07/apple-i-phone-marketing-mix/ (Accessed on 27-11-2017)
Source: https://www.mbaskool.com/marketing-mix/products/17357-iphone.html (Accessed on 27-11-2017

Source: https://www.macworld.com/article/3235955/iphone-ipad/apple-iphone-x-strategy.html (Accessed on 27-11-2017)
Source: https://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-x/ (Accessed on 27-11-2017)

I will talk about a small company that I have seen recently here in Germany. It’s called “Waffle Brothers” their product is Waffle and they are basically in Berlin they have about 5 shops. Regarding the price is quite good and affordable. And they provide a wide range of chocolate, fruits, and nuts variety that comes on top of the waffle.
So basically they have only one product with a wide range of variety to change it and make it customized according to your own taste but I believe that if they add “Crepe” and “Milkshake” to their menu will make an add-value to the business. Also if they look out a bit and try to give their franchise in other cities in Germany and then to other countries in Europe.