Academy Home | Student Dashboard

BUS203: Unit 2 Discussion

bus203

Marketing expert Philip Kotler says once the target and position are identified, all other aspects of a marketing campaign fall into place. What do you think he means by that? Pick a marketing campaign that has caught your attention. Who are the marketers targeting? What is their position? Think of a product, service, or issue where you might launch a marketing campaign. Who will you target? What will your position be?

The marketing campaign that catch my eye is Old spice … I believe the marketing team is targeting young adults. There position is showing that young kids can feel young and have fun. I would do the Yeddie cup it’s a cup that keeps ice cold for hours and hours even in hot situations I would market the cup and have advertising on social media.

Marketing expert Philip Kotler says once the target and position are identified, all other aspects of a marketing campaign fall into place.
What do you think he means by that? That once you have your mind made up as to what you are going for like any product, a plan of who targeting, what you have to offer and this plan can better that product in sells and that group of people they are going for. To know the area and the people you are going for.
Pick a marketing campaign that has caught your attention. Well we are in the market for a new car so we have been paying attention to a lot of car campaign and the one that caught my most is that of Ford Expedition. I like this kind of car because it is roomy, good on gas and affordable at lease that what I have been told.
Who are the marketers targeting? So far the car market is very big which they are looking to get anyone who is ready to buy a car a mother, father and young people. People who have a long history with a ford car and even people who have never brought, people who are going on vacation, taking a long trip or just like a nice big car.
What is their position? The position of the car sell men, car dealer ship is to sell cars and more cars
Think of a product, service, or issue where you might launch a marketing campaign.
Who will you target?
What will your position be?

Marketing expert Philip Koter says once the target and position are identified, all other aspects of a marketing campaign fall into place. What do you think he means by that? I feel that he is saying that once you have your mind made up as to what you are going for like any product, a plan of who targeting, what you have to offer and this plan can better that product in sells and that group of people they are going for. To know the area and the people you are going for.
Pick a marketing campaign that has caught your attention. Well we are in the market for a new car so we have been paying attention to a lot of car campaign and the one that caught my most is that of Ford Expedition. I like this kind of car because it is roomy, good on gas and affordable at lease that what I have been told.
Who are the marketers targeting? So far the car market is very big which they are looking to get anyone who is ready to buy a car a mother, father and young people Elderly person it don’t matter just as long you in the market to buy. People who have a long history with a Ford car and even people who have never brought a Ford car, people who are going on vacation, taking a long trip or just like a nice big car.
What is their position? The position of the car sell men, car dealer ship is to sell cars and more cars.
Think of a product, service, or issue where you might launch a marketing campaign. The campaign that want to start up would be a clothing for teens where they are in the early teens almost to that stage of becoming a full teenager.
Who will you target? The target would be young girls and mothers who are looking for that right outfit that does not make them look like an adult but not like an oversized baby. Next I would target well know shopping places like that of sears, J C Pennys, Macy and Wal-Mart. For these are places that a lot people go to shop.
What will your position be? My position would to in the marketing department where I could reach out these department stores setting up sales, the media for the internet , or social media where I could reach out to the pre-teen age group.

Agreeing with Kotler, indeed identifying your target first hand at the beginning of your product planning pays off by helping you understand their demographic makeup, preferences, the media they use, lifestyle, spending behavior etc enabling the marketer to plan a focused positioning, pricing, promotion and availability of the product relevant to the target. It paves way for minimal shots in the dark. A recent campaign by Coca Cola for their Coke Zero brand has caught my eye. The marketers in my opinion are targeting people who are conscious about their fitness and also the ones who aspire to be fit but are unable to do so through food diets hence resort to zero calorie soft drinks to quench the guilt. Coke Zero’s positioning is ‘The same great taste but without the calories’ depicted through a focused Marcomm displaying the elemental shots of Coke Zero being poured into a ice filled glass, being picked up by a fit model again depicting the benefits of zero calories. The target segment for Coke zero is across the board i.e. the masses and anyone from the masses who wants to follow an fit lifestyle. The pricing is also target market relevant as no premium pricing is being charged and is available at the regular price of the standard Coke.

I believe that Philip Kotler perspective about marketing is right on key for many
companies. Once a company is determined to put their product on the market then
they are dedicated to release it. In addition, employees need to be hundred
percent ready for their line to be in the marketing industry because if problems occur it would not look good for them. As a company, I think that your marketing teams would be ready to take the next step in advertisement once everything is released. Before you release anything, a business should make sure every team is in place and ready to promote their product. Employees needs to be up to date with their policy and how to make their product sell to their specific target or customers. Finally, if everyone is on the same page then everything will fall into place.

I am currently watching advertisements during the football game. After all the
different commercials, there are a lot of advertisements for vehicles. The main
focus with these car and truck commercials is about 4-wheel drive and how the
vehicle will take you places in the northwest or somewhere else. The main point
is how sturdy the vehicle can be in all different atmospheres like rocky, road,
and take curves smoothly.

If I had to target a product to different people, I would choose different ways to
advertise to my parents in the early childhood education field. I would like to
market our center’s calendar. I believe that families would buy more calendars
if they have pictures of the child’s classroom and activities. My market will
be for my parents and their families because families love hanging pictures and
art projects of their children in their house, especially grandparents. I would
be behind the scenes with putting the calendar together. I am really good with
photography and have put calendars together before. I would help each team put their class calendar together.

Marketing expert Phillip Kotler saying that once target and position are identified ,all aspects of marketing campain fall into place meant that after a company decision to put a product on the market it has to know the targeted customers to benefit from that product so that he can identify what their needs wants and life styles are in a bid to satisfy them.Once the target has been identified the business through positoning can apply the different marketing mix aspects of price penetrating or skimming price strategy ,promotion medium easily accessed by his customers to get information about his products and location or placement wheather urban or rural and ways how products will reach his customers for easy accessibility.Positioning is a marketing concept that outlines what a business should do to market its product or service to its customers. The more intense a targeting and positioning strategies , the more effective the marketing strategy is for a company. A good positioning strategy elevates the marketing efforts and helps the targeted buyersto act towards purchasing a product.

the marketing campaign that has caught my attention is for red bull which has seen tremendous success as a brand leader in the beverage market.
Redbull targets the psycographic behaviours of their customers and demogrephic characteristics forexample the males, middle aged and others.

Marketing expert Philip Kotler says once the target and position are identified, all other aspects of a marketing campaign fall into place. I think he means by that the segmentation which means a target market. Targeted marketing, or differentiated marketing, means that you may differentiate some aspect of marketing (offering, promotion, price) for different groups of customers selected. It is a relatively new phenomenon. Mass marketing, or undifferentiated marketing, came first. It evolved along with mass production and involves selling the same product to everybody

Marketing expert Philip Kotler says once the target and position are identified, all other aspects of a marketing campaign fall into place. What do you think he means by that? Pick a marketing campaign that has caught your attention. Who are the marketers targeting? What is their position? Think of a product, service, or issue where you might launch a marketing campaign. Who will you target? What will your position be?

He means once targeting one or more segments, our choices are important depending on several factors for example how well existing segments are served by others. Its difficult to appeal to well served segments than those that whose needs are not currently being served well. How large is the segment and how we expect it to grow is very important while targeting. Thirdly our strength as a company to help us appeal to particularly to one group of customers for example firms may already have established reputation like McDonald has a great reputation for fast foods, consistent quality, family friendly food. It would be difficult to convince consumers that McDonald now offers gourmet food. Thus McDonald would probably better off targeting families in search of consistent quality food in a nice clean restaurants.

Positioning involves implementing our targeting for example apple computer has chosen to position itself as maker of user friendly computers. Thus apple has done a lot through its advertising to promote itself through its un intimidating icons as a computer for “non geeks”. The visual C soft ware programming language

The company i would think of launching a campaign is Ugo Uganda , that is Uganda goes online. My target would be the school students, working class and elites, business people, public services, local communities through news events . Their position is people in Uganda to use online services but there is a lot of need to advertise, training courses offered so as people know how to use online services and also by merging with big companies which have exposure like air tel Uganda, Uganda telecom and Gaming International etc.

He means first things first ,this implies that good planning from the beginning and an understanding their demographic, make up which are the age,income,education, their lifestyle ,media preference ,that enables your focused position,pricing, promotion targeted to the people,audience and market that your offering is for.marketers even in the face of stiff competition in the market place where companies like Nokia etcetera . it helps you as a marketer to maintain a clear position . can lead to success .like Apple products (i phones) when it first arrived on the market ,they targeted the rich middle class ,those who could afford to pay that brand ,it sold for $800.00 dollars then,then only those with high income could pay for it.The iPhone company were successful with their brand.

The marketing campaign that has caught my attention lately is the Onga Maggie that has recorded tremendous success over their rival Maggie,using the psychographic approach to
reach their target customers.

Thinking of a company, What apps comes readily to mind,using the online platform through the demographic, which include people of all ages,education, income,behavioural life style.has recorded a level of success in the market place

I am agree that the target and position is the most important aspects of a marketing campaign . a marketing campaign that has caught my attention was a campaign about a toothpaste, they target the adults , the product is made from 100%natural ingredients and it has safe whitening effect. the product that i might launch a marketing campaign for it is a juice, my target is everyone who live a healthy lifestyle adults and elders, it is a healthy juice that is sugar free and Fortified with vitamins

Marketing expert Phillip Kotlers quote means that when you know what audience you want and your position then everything else will align with it. You wont have to think about delivery, spreading message and etc because you already know who you want to reach and how. A marketing campaign that has caught my eye is the Audi commercial where it is a girl racing all boys and then she wins. The marketers are targeting women who believe in woman rights. Their position is that woman deserve their cars too.
A product I would advertise would be moringa… I will target young people who suffer with depression. My position is that moringa is the healthiest anti depressant.

Philip Kotler’s message meant that targeting and positioning are very important and helps marketers to identify and segment their audience, target their market and position their products to cultivate their desired brand.

The marketing campaign that caught my attention was JetBlue: Election Protection (election-themed campaign). Over a thousand people participated in this campaign and hoped to win a trip to the Bahamas and Costa Rica if their candidate failed to win the elections.

The marketers targeted customers to use their flying services and made them win popularity which encouraged them to prepare other marketing campaigns.

They tried to position their distinctive image in the minds of the consumers.

I am thinking of a product called mobile applications (Safarini App – East Africa) specifically translating languages at a low price anywhere you go and I would launch it through social media especially Facebook, Twitter and Whatsup. I would target customers travelling within East Africa. This App will translate different local languages to any language a customer would prefer and specifically English. Remember this is a new product. I would hold a seminar and build a case and vision for my product while educating clients about it. This will give me a solid foundation from which to talk about my new product. I would invite journalists as I target clients and make sure I set goals for the seminar. One goal would be to hold 10 follow up sales meetings, the venue, the location and catering for my event to enable my employees time to network with potential clients and showing how professional they can be. This seminar should be as interactive and fun as possible, promotional products and literature on the new product that is, having something they can take home with them and using name tags.

Nice submission, I like the way you have explained the contnat.

Nice submission, great work!

Thanks for your submission I have learnt something from this. Thanks

Marketing expert Philip Kotler says once the target and position are identified, all other aspects of a marketing campaign fall into place. What do you think he means by that?

I believe he means that once you know who you are going to market to, and then figure out how you are going to market the product to stand out against the competition, everything that follows is relatively easy.

Pick a marketing campaign that has caught your attention. Who are the marketers targeting?

The campaign that caught my attention is Subway’s. They use the phrase “eat fresh” for their campaign as a way to target the ever growing market of healthy eaters, both young and old.

What is their position?

They stand out against competing fast food chains by offering a fresh approach to speed eating. In today’s time, healthy living is trending and Subway is using that to their advantage.

Think of a product, service, or issue where you might launch a marketing campaign. Who will you target? I would launch a social marketing campaign for global warming. My main target would be men and women between the ages of 15 and 30. They are the future legislation and can bring about the most change.

What will your position be?

My position would be that their voice and opinions matter and showing them evidence that what I am saying is true.