BUS203: Unit 5 Discussion

bus203

Observe an advertising campaign for a new product or service. Did you notice the same product or service advertised in different media? Who was the target audience? What was the marketing message? Why did the marketers select the particular medium (or media)? Think of a product or service you might promote with your own marketing plan. Who will be your target audience? What media will you select and why? What might your marketing message be? Find an example of a marketing campaign that may have relied more on public relations and free media placements than on a paid advertising campaign. Assess it for its strategies and effectiveness.

“Stop Freakin’, Call Beakin” is a plumbing commercial. It is advertised all year on television, but is mostly shown more during football season because one of the football players is in the commercial. The audience is the football fans and other local residents. I have seen the advertisement on the billboards and their vans, especially in Seattle. I think they chose this particular media because their company is a local business in Seattle. We are huge Seahawks fans and the company can try to bring in customers by relating football with their commercial. In addition, one of the Seahawks’ player is in the commercial so it is promoting a celebrity, a team, and “trust.”

At my preschool program, we are trying to make a business decal for our vehicles and windows. We believe it would help advertise our preschool program, especially with us commuting to different places in our city. The target would be parents, grandparents, guardians, caregivers, and our community. The media will be through advertisement on our vehicles, word of mouth, our website, and our school-family activities. Our marketing message would be our name “Little Lambs Preschool” with our motto or a Bible passage. We will add our contact information on it, too.

My first childcare I worked at did not rely on paid advertising. The company, my director owned, was through word of mouth and her childcare families’ experiences. Our licensor, our community, and our center’s sign were helpful, as well. Her business did very well and was open for over 20 years until she retired.

H&M designs are advertised in different media, their target audience are the medical class earners and high class who like comfortable outfits and also they use the environmentally concerned customers. They offer beautiful outfits for young people, adults and sports outfits. summer and winter outfits their message is H&m summer forever, Autumn, spring and Summer. It has got class, taste and winner. The marketer used online marketing and television advertisement. The online media is a bit cheaper and the television adverts minimizing a lot of expenses. less money spent online and more on tv. With online marketing most of the people are changing on the way of searching for available goods they use a lot on line and also as people watch tv programs the adverts are played so the information can flow to most of the people. My campaign would be that we sale goods fitting in all seasons of the year, which are elegant and cheap. I would use more of free media so that i may not spend a lot of money on adverts and less of expensive media. So the company can offer better prices to the clients and more money can be spent on making the product quality to meet customer needs and also so to take care of other costs.

NHERSHEY CHOCOLATE MILK
Hershey Foods Corp. is making an unusual move in using national TV advertising for its chocolate
milk, a product that historically hasn’t received much ad support. The national TV commercial, which
first aired in June 1983, was shot in 12 weeks in London by Clearwater Productions. Doyle Dane
Bernbach in New York developed the commercial, which has been shown nationally on a children’s
network and in the early fringe time period.
“The commercial’s creative, it’s aggressive. ~t breaks one cardinal rule by not mentioning this
new product until 75% into the commercial. But the commercial works. We think its unique,” says
Bob Jeffery, DuB VP account supervisor. He admits that the Hershey packaging also has had an irr:portant consumer impact. "The carton practically screams chocolaie."
Source

the company is McDonalds, i always see their meals and offers advertised in everywhere in the TV, in the street and social media, their targeted customers are everyone adults and childern and teenagers, their marketing message is to be happy.
about my marketing plans will be about a perfume and my targeted customers is the independent confident woman, my message for women is you can be confident and independent, i will use social media and focus on the online marketing

Observe an advertising campaign for a new product or service. Did you notice the same product or service advertised in different media? Who was the target audience? What was the marketing message? Why did the marketers select the particular medium (or media)? Think of a product or service you might promote with your own marketing plan. Who will be your target audience? What media will you select and why? What might your marketing message be? Find an example of a marketing campaign that may have relied more on public relations and free media placements than on a paid advertising campaign. Assess it for its strategies and effectiveness.

The campaign I noticed is the Amazon Alexa voice service. They recently released a new version that now has a screen to show you what she is doing (whether its a recipe, lyrics to the song your listening to, etc). The Alexa is geared more towards an older audience (30+) in my opinion. The marketing message is that “she” can be a personal assistant to you, allowing you to go more hands free with your life (She can order online products, make grocery lists, schedule future events, etc). You see advertisements for the new Alexa on tv, social media sites, and all over the amazon website. They also receive a lot of free advertisement from customers who have purchased previous or the latest model of Alexa and love it. They tell their friends and family about it and even purchase the product for them as a gift.

The ‘Red Bull Gives you wings’ advertising campaign has a strong presence online with famous TV advertisement of men and women who express this slogan of ‘Red Bull gives you wings’ it has transformed their company as a ‘media house’ offering a wide range of media products throughout various media channels. Red Bull does business with many that are companies dealing in sports, culture, and lifestyle to innovate more openings or chances for each business they work with. The techniques used are social media for technical integration on digital strategies and content strategy for social channels. The marketing message for example, in sports the company applies this saying to various extreme sports so that people can have a belief they can live life to the fullest if they drink red bull. Some examples are skydiving, paragliding, Boxing water sports, motorsports and snow sports. They even pay famous athletes like Mike Tyson, Marc and Schuster to represent Red Bull while they are competing for world wide in various sports. Online advertising is the widely used media by almost 90% of youths and different peoples of all kinds.

I choose a product called Peanut butter. My Target audience will be schools, institutions, restaurants, Hotels, and supermarkets. The media would be online advertising (Facebook and Twitter) because it is easier to network with many online schools, institutions, restaurants, Hotels, and supermarkets. The message would be “Peanut butter for all seasons (bread, sauce, and fruits)”. A marketing campaign that would have relied more on public relations and free media placements would be Facebook and Instagram Ad campaigns. With Facebook, objectives must be set with specific goals in determining which metrics to use to measure success. Generating leads, sales and creating content awareness impressions can measure to determine campaign effectiveness. These metrics must be monitored and reports created to enable you to get important insights that will help you become successful in future campaigns. You have to review your measurement strategy periodically to ensure that it is still effective.