Academy Home | Student Dashboard

BUS206: Management Information Systems - Personal Information Security Discussion

* In what areas are you doing well in keeping your own information and technology secure?
In my personal life, using things like the Apple Touch ID to limit access to information on my cell phone.
In my professional life, doing things like making sure to lock my computer any time I step away from my desk so that no one else can access it.

* In what areas could you improve? Include links to resources that explain what you will be doing.
Password security is an area where I can improve - increasing the level of security my passwords have, and being more aware of using different passwords for different systems.

By Setting a complex Password with combinations of Uppercase, Lowecase, special keys and numbers which can not be easily predicted. Information and Data Security should be prioritized in all organization.

2 Likes

I ensure all my passwords include a combination of text, numbers and other characters to reduce the risk of unauthorised access on my personal devices. I also use the fingerprint scan on my personal devices.
I could improve my personal security by employing encryption algorithms on my personal devices.

2 Likes

** In what areas are you doing well in keeping your own information and technology secure?*
I try to use Apple Touch ID on my phone so people can’t get into my phone. Even with my code, I tried to make it where it’s not easy to guess. I try to have different passwords on my computer or whatever accounts I’m logged into.

Some areas I can improve is changing my passwords every so often. My computer at work has a feature where after a certain amount of time, you have to change your password. I can also not set my passwords as automatic to decrease hackers from getting into my account.

1 Like

please i need assistance on database management; that is creating of tables, queries, forms and reports.

1 Like