BUS206 Unit 2 Chapter 3 Exercise 3

If I were running a small business I would implement cloud computing into my business for several reasons. First being, that it’s cost effective. With limited funds, I would have a hard time keeping track of anything with any other server. Second, with cloud computing I would be able to store more information than ever before. Third, I wouldn’t have to worry about running out of space on my hard drive and it would decrease the amount of power I use to run my business. Fourth, I can access my files anywhere I am. I do not have to walk into the building to check up on my business. Fifth, I can allow access to other users. Sixth, using cloud reduces the risk of viruses or other cyber-security issues. Seventh, I would no longer have to worry about software updates. And finally, the cloud will evolve with my business.

Reference: https://www.dincloud.com/blog/why-cloud-computing-for-small-business

Small businesses need at least some IT to become successful, but creating a whole system would be difficult and costly. Cloud Computing has several advantages for small businesses in particular. It gives them greater flexibility, less initial investment, and a monthly or yearly cost based on use rather than infrastructure and more employees. A significant advantage is flexibility. With cloud computing, employees can work online, away from the office, and even from personal devices. The flexibility here is especially important for small businesses, but cloud computing does introduce security risks.

Security is an important consideration when deciding whether or not to integrate cloud computing into a business. One one hand, if the right provider is used, the provider should have significant experience with security and specialized employees who manage their systems. They would also keep the systems updated regularly. However, there is third party risk. The business shopping for a provider for cloud computing should ask who would be responsible for a security breach. In addition to the provider, the businesses employees add a security risk if they use their personal devices for work. Their personal devices might not be as secure as their work computers.

Overall, cloud computing is extremely attractive to small businesses. Cloud computing provides flexibility in several ways, such as in infrastructure, and specialized employees, but it also introduces security risks. Perhaps a logical path would be an integrated approach, keeping the most confidential information on a local system and using cloud computing for other services.