Academy Home | Student Dashboard

BUS208 Discussion | 4.3.4 - Building A Winning Team

bus208

Reflect on the article you have just read about building a winning team.

• What roles have you played as part of a team in your own work environment?

• Do you prefer to work alone or with others, based on your past experiences with teamwork?

Share your thoughts on these questions below. This is a good opportunity to respond to what others have written and seek feedback on your own contribution to the discussion.

BUS208: Unit 4.3 Team Building
4.3.4: Team-building

According to my thoughts to take new ideas and to findout a solution of a problem Team-Work is better as compared to work alone.

Reflect on the article you have just read about building a winning team. What roles have you played as part of a team in your own work environment? Do you prefer to work alone or with others, based on your past experiences with teamwork?

I have played different roles in a team, but usually not the leader. These experiences occurred more in my late teens to early twenties. As I learned different skills and helped oversee a few of the childcare centers, I felt more comfortable leading my co-workers.

If I had to choose, I would rather work with others and alone. Depending on the activity, I can do either both roles. Working in a classroom, I may have aides so that means I need to do my best and work with them through delegating and partnering up with activities.

At work, I have had many different scenarios occur, which really offended and upset me. I do not mind stepping in and helping others, but when the other person does not help out or reciprocate it makes the job even harder. I have dealt with people who have had poor performance and disagreements because of personality issues.

I am glad that I know my strengths and weaknesses. I am still working on all of those skills at my work. I know when I get annoyed and when I get mad. I know how to help and mentor others, as well. I am not perfect at them all, but am willing to try new things to help me improve those team building skills.

I have played many different roles and one of them is being creative and suggesting a lot of ideas to my superiors.
I actually prefer to work with others so that i may gain a lot of experience and to show them what i can do and to finish our work fast and smooth.