BUS208 Discussion | 6.1.2 - Developing Employees

bus208

Reflect on the article you have just read about training and the development of employees.

Often, employees feel that job training is ineffective or unnecessary.

• What experiences have you had with employee training that were beneficial, or, in contrast of little value?

Share your thoughts on these questions below. This is a good opportunity to respond to what others have written and seek feedback on your own contribution to the discussion.

BUS208: Unit 6.1 Trainings

Reflect on the article you have just read about training and the development of employees. Often, employees feel that job training is ineffective or unnecessary. What experiences have you had with employee training that were beneficial, or, in contrast of little value?

Job training is very important for early childhood education. Yes, the basic training course that must be taken has a lot of refreshers, but is important for people who have never worked in a childcare center. There are a lot of trainings that I have to take every year. There are different levels of trainings to take, but people choose what ones they want. I liked to be challenged and like the higher level courses. The basic levels 1 and 2 are very simple and do not motivate me in the early childhood field. I do like being updated in this field because the rules and regulations are constantly changing.

When starting your job, the director or manager should go through the standards and checklist about your company. I have had people not discuss this with me and when a situation occurred, I did not know what to do because I was never taught or shown. For example, our electricity wen out on Friday. I did not know what our policy was if our electricity went out and did not know where to find the information either. This would be a good thing to know.

In Germany I have did lot of small jobs and I have seen that the jobs you have no interest or we can say not related to your field make you boring and uncomfortable.

The experiences that i had experienced was amazing and i was able to learn new things and strategies about our work.

Reflect on the article you have just read about training and the development of employees.

Often, employees feel that job training is ineffective or unnecessary.
•What experiences have you had with employee training that were beneficial, or, in contrast of little value?

Share your thoughts on these questions below. This is a good opportunity to respond to what others have written and seek feedback on your own contribution to the discussion.

In my own opinion, Job training is very essential to both the employee and the employer.
The market is constantly changing and in order to keep up we have to constantly train and develop ourselves.