Academy Home | Student Dashboard

BUS208 Discussion | 8.2.1 - Making Great Decisions

bus208

Reflect on the article that you have just read about making decisions.

• Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?

• Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

Share your thoughts on these questions below. This is a good opportunity to respond to what others have written and seek feedback on your own contribution to the discussion.

BUS208: Unit 8.2 Decision-making Skills
Decision Making

Making the right decision is a complicated but interesting task. Firms and people use lot of methods to do this job. I always thought that it is better for me and for my family and not harmful for others and against the laws. For example every one knows his financial position. Lot of time it is happened to me that I have already 3 jackets but when I found out a jacket that is on discount from 200 to 50 euros my heart say buy it, you can use it but I think it is not the right dicision. I must and I will not buy it because I don’t need it.
Saeed

I think we can all relate to simular situations. Especially when one goes to the grocery store on an empty stomach. Often with my it seems my impulsive nature fights with my logical nature. I journal my feelings and goals for more clarity. Have you checked out the class on Psychology?

Reflect on the article that you have just read about making decisions. Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills? Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

I think I do quite well with decision making skills. I did not know I was good at them until I was in charged at my first job. Then, I managed and took care of children in their house, which gave me skills to make decisions and manage a household. Working at different childcare centers, I have been put into situations that I had to make a quick decision. Yes, sometimes I reflect and make sure everything went the right way. Sometimes my decisions may not be the best, but I learn from those mistakes and choices. I do feel confident in my decisions and sometimes I will reflect and talk to my director so I can get some insight about the choices that I made.

Yes, i’m kinda confident on my decision-making skills but sometimes i do make wrong decisions so i seek help to my co-workers and friends.
Yes, i did and the decision i made was very successful.