Academy Home | Student Dashboard

BUS208 Discussion | 8.2.1 - Making Great Decisions

Decision making has not been easy for me in the past. It was quite a challenge to make confident decisions especially when under pressure to meet deadlines.
I admit that this forum on decision making is an eye opener and has indeed sharpened me to make informed decisions.

1 Like

I was always a very poor decision maker. Recently I decided to quit my full time job and pursue my dreams. I did not take the time to consider all my options or even the fact that I was losing my main source of income. Having done so anyway, I learned on how to think and make better decisions as now I was solely working the income from my own business. I have taken the time to learn new things and become more educated through free online resources such as Saylor. I feel extremely confident in my ability to make better decisions as well as be a better person overall!

1 Like

Not all times, some times, I was bit low on my confidence.

My decisions always creates hype for the employees at the same we ensure to work on the ground

1 Like

I feel confident that i will make a good decision most of the time. There is still the biases . And i tend to get a little of course at times. I do see it through to completion.

1 Like

Yes, i’m confident on my decision making skills but sometimes i make wrong decisions so i discuss it with my friends.

1 Like

Hello,
A short reflection about making decisions:
Well, Decision-making as said is a process which needs, I believe, among others, a wise thinking and a sound reasoning to make the right decision while reflecting on the whole with consideration of the individual parts of the matter.
About confidence, I personally try my maximum to take my time and see the alternatives/possible options before deciding hoping to make finally the better decision. Though, this latter requires experience and yet good skills to do it, of not, mistakes could be unavoidable.
Coming to the next point, I think that when it comes especially to an important matter and that the person believes deeply in his/her own choice, tracks the good way by making first a clear plan with realistic expectations to realize it, perseveres, keep being optimistic and ready to turn out any probable bias by getting around it to solve the problem and go on ahead , he/she could then be easily able to stay the course and see his/her actions through the completion, namely the success would be at the door as I may say. I try to see the matter this way and proceed accordingly while putting in mind the probability of failure as unpredictable event which should be rather a motive for us to not stop trying, avoiding the “I must” trap by looking to other possible options that all or one of them might bring us to finally succeed our (new) choice.

Good luck to everyone here!

1 Like
  • Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?
    I often debate for long periods of time to ensure make the correct decision, but I often get stuck in the position of not taking action at all which can be harmful. If I make a decision quickly, I’ll stick with it to the end whether it is good or bad.

• Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

Yes. If I find logic and reason in the decision, I will stick it out

1 Like

I am confident about my making decision skill. After studying here, I realized that I had already used many of making decisions strategies. Although conditions, circumstances and comments change I still insist on keeping my control. But I have a weakness, my mom has control on me too :smiley:

1 Like

At some point of my life, Yes. I felt confident when I was looking for a job and choosing which companies should I venture on.

• Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

Yes

2 Likes
    A little.
    Sometimes.
2 Likes

So far in this program, I’ve learned some new techniques especially for groups and I’ve realized that I was already framing my decisions and keeping my goals in mind when I made decisions.
As an individual, who usually has the bulk of decisions to make daily, I can readily take decisive action. Sadly, I also discovered that this has a downside depending on my emotional state which becomes influenced by biases and negative opinions.
Though this course is to help make more logical and emotional decisions, I’m actually trying to reduce the emotional aspect of my decision making process and become more logical for my own personal reasons but I will retain my ethical and empathetic reasoning.

3 Likes

It depends on what kind of a decision I have to make. When it comes to financial decisions, I always ask for another or a professional opinion. In the past when it came to romantic relationships, I would always make the wrong decision and paid the price for years. It wasn’t until I took the advice and guidance of reputable friends who I trusted that I made a healthy decision for a life partner. I have found that when making major decisions, it is always better for me to get a second opinion.

2 Likes

I do feel confident in making decisions on daily tasks or personal choices. When it comes to making decisions about company issues or major decisions I always get a second opinion.

2 Likes

Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?
Yes, I am. Especially when I knew that I’m not emotion-driven the time I made that decision. Sometimes, decision making can be extremely hard when it involves other things to consider for example: choosing between family or work where you needed to work away from your family in order to support them but you will not see them for years and will miss important events such as birthdays, anniversaries and holidays because traveling back and forth is expensive.

Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?
Yes, I am. When it comes to patience, I am really good with it. You wouldn’t plant a seed and then dig it up every few minutes to see if it has grown. Have patience and keep watering your seeds.

2 Likes

yes i am confident that i can make decision and i am firm on it

2 Likes

Absolutely i feel confident in decision making .There are many ways and approaches to taking decision but taking decision is first and foremost important rather than not taking any decision at all !! .As far as making better decisions and stay the course yes you insinuation ,past experience ,confidence to explore and move ahead always helps in taking better and great decisions ,taking decisions by keeping interest of family apart from self in way contributes to society and country …

2 Likes

I can be good in my own decision making in certain areas and i enjoy taking up this course because it taught me to understand more details in decision making. I usually able to makes decisions faster when i understand the issues/ problem. Experiences also is one of the factors in making good and quick decisions. I hope after completion of the course I can have better understanding and more confident in making decision.

2 Likes

Honestly speaking, I feel confident in my own decision-making skills with regards of my fields background, other ways we are always learning and improving our Skills and Knowledge.

2 Likes

actually yes, most of the time the decisions I make are well-planned and after searching different alternatives.
also yes, I evaluate the decision I made throughout the completion and try to stay on the plan I made initially

2 Likes

After exploring these topics on decision-making in terms of businesses and organizations, it has also sparked reflection on personal everyday decisions. After reading the units provided, I realize just how unstructured most of my decisions are and how important it is to have a system for decision-making in the professional sense, which will increase day-to-day decisions as well. Furthermore, I now feel much more and confident by taking many notes to refer to in the future and help become more competent in the necessary process of decision-making.

2 Likes