Academy Home | Student Dashboard

BUS208 Discussion | 8.2.1 - Making Great Decisions

Yes, I feel confident in my own decision making skills. Its due to many of my collegues seek to my views in any decision they are making also i like to solve the problems and find an appropriate solution to that. After reading this article i found out that i apply most of the tools and techniques already in my decisions. i gather a lot of information to find the solution so that everyone can be satisfied with the decision.
Also i make a decision and stay in course by understanding each and every aspect very carefully.

2 Likes

I feel I am a good decision maker; meaning sometime I make good decisions and sometimes I make bad decisions. My pitfalls arise from thinking on the margin. I am very cost oriented and sometimes I would rather not make the decision if it means spending more in the short run. A current example is I bought a juicer 3 months ago for $100. I could have spent more, but wanted to save in the short run. That juicer died on me 3 days ago

2 Likes

Yup decision making is actually an art and people will learn it by time but one thing i will say a decision is totally change ur life .yes agree i take good decision in my life because decidion is totally based on situation .
And a decision can handle a situation very well

2 Likes
  1. It depends on contexts whether I feel confident with my decision making process: my self-confidence increases as much as my competence and experience in a given field. The more I can have control of the situation the more I feel confident. Uncertainty, lack of information, inconsistent data make me fear not to be able to make the proper decision. In general my approach alternates rational model (bounded rationality indeed) and intuition.
  2. I think to be rather flexible in my decision making process: if I achieve intermediate fulfilling results I tend to persevere in my decision otherwise I search for different options.
2 Likes

Making a decision-making is very crucial when it comes to work and personal aspects. There were the times that I make good decisions and bad decisions as well. I think that it depends on the situation. If I’m not that well equipped in evaluating my decisions then I’m not that much confident. It gives me more chance of success when I decide with concrete plans by taking it more seriously.

2 Likes

Decision making is a bit tasking but knowing the rudiments and what to look out for will go a long way to see that decision choices are not flawed.
Personally, I don’t like looking back to see that I could have made a better choice after everything has gone south. I always love to plan out my decisions looking at the pros and the cons. It gives better results. Some unforeseen realities might come up, but the losses are minimal.

2 Likes

Decision Making
Decision making is the most important aspect of everyone’s personal and professional lives and we all come across situations in which we have to take small or big decisions. Decision making has strong impact on the stakeholders involved in the process. Therefore critical analysis of the options available is highly desired.
I feel confident in my decision because I believe that there are 2 critical elements in confident decision making.

1. You have faith in yourself to make the right decision.
  2. Knowing that you will take some decisions wrong, but you keep faith faith that you can rectify any problem which may arise.
    Keeping above in view, I believe that I am able to make a decision and then stay the course to act upon the consequences of my decisions.
2 Likes

I think it depends on the context as to how confident I feel in my own decision-making skills. Past experiences negative or positive can affect my confidence.
If there is a lot of stress it is difficult for me to stay on course and see my actions through to conclusion when I make decisions, or is there is too much clutter in my brain.

2 Likes

I find that sometimes, I seek the opinion of others when making a decision to reinforce my already made choice. It has worked so far but the course has given me a lot more to consider in the decision-making process.

It is also important to recognize the importance of creativity in decision making; in the present times, many people have had to choose from options that weren’t apparent before now.

2 Likes

Well, when it comes to make decisions on your own its mostly depends upon the situation one’s having at that respective time.Yes, I do feel confident and comfortable while making my decisions but only with those which decisions has a risk of smaller magnitude but having larger magnitude of risks and uncertainty would definitely lead towards lack of confidence and confusion.Yes, I am able to make a decision and stick to it until or unless I don’t get the outcome.Well, in my personal opinion its not bad to do mistakes because most of the times we do forget the fact that we do learn a lot from our mistakes.And those mistakes play a major role in our future lives as a lesson.

2 Likes

Everyday in life we all have to make decisions. I feel we get better with age and with more life experiences. Working in a busy office myself and coworkers have to make decisions everyday.

2 Likes

Decision making is a combination of science art and your basic instinct and you learn it from experience

2 Likes

I feel more confident, we all need to learn how to make decision at the right time, because all our life we have to deal with situation where majority of us are clueless of how to deal with critical situation.
how to compose yourself in such condition it was quite informative piece.

2 Likes

I try my best to make best decision and see all the alternatives , some times I succeed and sometimes not

2 Likes

i feel comfortable about my decision when i have a good time and i read the future wisley and i gatherd the most important information about the right decision .

yes i am able to make decision and stay or change to butter result .

thank you all .

3 Likes

Reflect on the article that you have just read about making decisions. Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills? Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

Somewhat, I feel more confident and the topics and readings, shed light on things I’m uncertain how to deal with. It also gave me the proper description on what kinds of Faulty Decisions my boss, co-employees may or may have not done.

Thank you, Saylor Academy! <3

2 Likes

To make the right decision we need to recognize the root of the problem and try to approach it using methods high in moral, ethic, and always doing the right thing.

2 Likes
  1. Depends on the context of the situation where I’m in. In non-important matters, it’s okay. In important matters, I would say I’m doing well.

2. Most of the times yes.

2 Likes

Yes, I am pretty confident with my decision making skills, but I would not disagree with the fact, that sometimes, all of us, do not know, what exactly is the right thing to do, and we fumble with our decisions, because we fear the consequences. But to see once decision through the course, and ultimately getting success, the joy it gives, is beyond comparison.

2 Likes

Well, I think to make decision have been extremely important for our career paths. Confidentially, I have used to my organisation about for my decision making skills and techniques . Basically, I am able to make a decision to use Sometimes in alternative choices.

3 Likes