BUS208 Discussion | 8.2.1 - Making Great Decisions

Yes! I have gained so much from these courses, and I believe to make better decisions in future

2 Likes

I am not confidence in my decision making skills, which is why I am here. I’ve never had to make an important decision in my life. I’m taking this class to hopefully help with my first major decision- where I will be attending college. I am confident with where I am applying, but do not know how to pick the best college for me when the time comes.

2 Likes

Yes, I am confident in my decision making skills. Especially with difficult decisions, I spend a lot of time going over it in my head, the pros and cons. I usually think about what my heart wants, what’s good for my family, and what my gut instinct is. Sometimes I do write it down, just to see how it comes out on paper as pros vs cons and if it measures up to what I’m thinking it will. I’m glad to say that I don’t have too many regrets or bad decisions.

2 Likes

Yes, i’m confident on my decision-making skills
Yes, i did and the decision i made was very successful.

2 Likes

Reflect on the article that you have just read about making decisions.

• Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?
  • Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

It actually depends on the situation. If it’s for personal decision, i’m quite okay. But if it is related to a group or firm, with major responsibility, i am not confident enough to decide on my own.

3 Likes

As a student of BBA , i knew some of the different aspects of the decision making process . But after ,getting enrolled in this particular course , i have learned quite a lot about systematic decision making process . The various decision making approaches and tool and techniques are going to come in handy for me while making regular decisions as well as decisions in my future workplace . The systematic approach to decision making makes it very convenient and simple to make the right decision which bears the maximum benefit .

2 Likes

we can summarize taking great decisions in :

• asking good questions
  • knowing that there is no limit of thinking
  • there is always alternatives methods to do things in a better way
  • keeping it cool and knowing that stress affect how we think and how we try to solve problems
2 Likes
  1. Yes, I do.
  2. Yes, because because that helps me to see if I made a right decision.
2 Likes

After reading the material, I have learned that I have both 50% positive and negative decision-making skills. As it pertains to business, I am 100% confident that I have always demonstrated 100% positive decision making skills that result in effective, and efficient outcomes. In my personal life, now that, is something I have to get better at. However, after reading all of the material, I am confident that I will be able to make better decisions in the future.

In regards to business, I am able to make decisions, stay the course and see my actions all the way through. In my personal, it is the complete opposite and something that I am still learning how to master.

2 Likes
  • Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?
  • Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?

I realized that I was overly confident on my own decision-making skill that sometimes I insisted too much on my own points of view to be taken in my organizational team discussions.
After I read the article, I knew that I oftenly misses the evaluation process of my own decisions and me, as a team leader sometimes do or say something that could create a supporting situation for the groupthink to occur.
So, I’ve taken some notes that I wish would reminds me to not doing the same mistakes again.

1 Like
  • After knowing these kind of knowledge and experience I am really confident decision making that will really help me to get to the right path

• Yes, I have been able to make decision to stay in this course for me to improve my decision making skills and to see what I really learn after completion.

1 Like

Depending on the situation it would determine if i am comfortable in making that decision. Normally I’m good at making decision, but i wasn’t the most confident in my decision. But, after reading the article i am and will be more confident when making decision for myself and my team.

1 Like
  1. I feel a little bit confident in desicion making?
  2. I am able to make this decision.
1 Like

Well , i must say all of my decisions i did not follow what has been discussed here . As i read this article i now have an insight how to make effective decisions in were i work and as a leader. Fortunately , i have learned a lot from my mistakes. And this was something i was using in my dicisions.

1 Like

We can’t say making right Decision is a difficult task but what it requires is a better understanding of the person on that topic. Yes, I do quite well but it consumes Little Bit time in analysing the decision to find It’s negative side to make a Ethical Choice. Once a Decision has been made then it’ll become easy to act upon it. Only thing we require is firm hold on our decision.

1 Like

Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?

No, because sometimes my decision-making skills are not quite good enough to make a decision because I don’t make such good decision in my age right now.

Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?
I might able to make decision but i’m not 100% sure about it

2 Likes

Most of the time I feel confident in my own decision making skills. I have discovered the I use a kind of rational decision making model or intuitive decision making model in both my personal and professional life, all depending on what the situation calls for. However, sometimes for less important decisions I tend to act on impulse or “gut feeling”.
I was not always able to stick by my decisions through to completion, however that has been improving over several years and continues to do so.

1 Like

I generally feel confident in my decision-making especially if I feel that I have enough information needed. With more important decisions I usually run through similar kind of models as presented in this course and in some cases even write it down on a paper. Of course everyone has made bad decisions in their life but it is important to make it as a learning experience and not to make same mistake in the future.

Yes I am trying to do my best on sticking into my decision. Sometimes it is hard and I start re-thinking or evaluating my decision again (which is good in some cases). Usually due to a good process prior locking my decision I end up sticking with it.

1 Like

Decision making has been an important aspect in my life. I believe that I’ve made some really great decisions and also I’ve made some poor choices as well. However we learn and grow from our mistakes indeed.

Yes I do! My decisions have been great thus far!

1 Like

Making decisions is always hard to do for people because you have to get to the final say and want. I usually have to think a lot to decide where this is the right decision or not it has to be right and not against the law or anything and best way to go forward.

1 Like