BUS208 Discussion | 8.2.1 - Making Great Decisions

Making a decision is not a easy job, every decision has it’s own merits and dismerits. But before taking a decision regarding to any issue we have to closely look at the issue and deeply investigate the issue and after doing all these things we should come a conclusion with confidence.
Yes, I’m able to take a decision after reading these lessons

1 Like
                      ***Un-Certain Path***

Have you ever been in a position where other people’s future depends on your decisions and choices? And, how many times you had no choice to make more choices, just an uncertain and unpredictable path to follow? How many times you wanted to go back and give up on your decision? How many nights and days you did not sleep because it was a subject that bothered you? Indeed, making decisions require time and skills that facilitate your final decision. I have already made many decisions in my life and I assure you that in all the choices I made, there was always a possibility of success and failure. Making good decisions is a skill that requires a lot of experience, focus and positivity above all.
I have already made choices that I have lost, but also, I have made choices that I am proud to have made.
They say that certain wrong decisions we make could have been avoided if we had enough to time reflect and make the right decisions. So, have you ever been in one of these situations?
Please comment!

1 Like

I feel confident in my decision-making because I deliberated before I make a decision so the outcome would be fruitful.

Sometimes the results of my decisions comes out bad and I take it as a learning. Then I go through some thinking for a better result of the decision.

1 Like

Most times I do feel confident in the decisions I make throughout the day. when it comes to the decisions that require a little more effort I work through my own process of decision making that complements how I solve problems as an individual.
I am almost always able to see my decisions through to the end but this has led to an amount of conflict. I find that I can often be stubborn in my effort to see my decisions to an end even if it is not in my best interest.

1 Like
  • Do you feel confident in your own decision-making skills?
  • Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?
  • Yes, I feel confident in my own decision-making skills. When I make decisions, I always weigh all possible permutations of the effects my potential decision-solutions would have on a particular problem (especially those permutations that would have immediate impact). I will then consider a decision based on the most useful impact it would have (or the least damaging impact it would have) on the problem on hand.
  • As soon as I make a decision, I see to it that I stay the course. The fact that I made a decision means that I will need to know how the effects of that decision play out. I will not abandon the event itself and if there really is a need to revise parts of my decision, I will see to it that my attention is undivided. This is what I would call “ownership of the act”.
1 Like

Oui Aujourd’hui grâce aux différents éléments de la prise de décision, prendre une décision pour moi est tout un art qui devrait être enseigné à toutes catégories d’organisations ou de personnes quelque soit leur rang social!Il’exemple qui m’a plus marqué est celui des co-auteurs de making great decisions in bussiness life Mr.Henderson et Hooper

1 Like

If I had very good skills at making decisions I wouldn’t be here with you in this course. However knowing that I have difficulties and choosing to fix this problem was a good choice itself, but having some good choices from time to time means exactly that you don’t have the principles and criteria to decision-making.

I will make a decision and try to stay the course and test myself.

1 Like

Nice.

Moreover the deal I think is not about what we did and if it had good outcomes. The big question is how and why. I mean what were our criteria and final goal.

This course is giving us some principles and who has the principles can achieve the continuity.

1 Like
    Yes, I do
  • Are you able to make a decision and then stay the course and see your actions through to completion?
    Yes
1 Like

I think I got GOD gifted quality of decision making.I preffered to be logical and not being emotional and left family to serve my country and ultimately I m there to serve my family too coz the are residents of this land.So in a broader view I saw the best alternative and controlled myself from being emotionally driven

1 Like

I do feel confident making my own decisions. But if I don’t know what I am doing then I don’t take it and wait to see what everyone else does.

1 Like

Although decision making is complicated . I think i am pretty confident when it comes to my decision-making skills through my experiences.

as for the second question, in some cases i can see my actions through the competion but not all the time ;it depends on the situation.

1 Like

Yes, most of the time I can see myself confident on my decision-making but sometimes I consult others who have more experience, and sometime I believe that I am still human who probably can make wrong decisions .

Yes, Mostly if not always when I make a decision, I stay the course and see my actions through to completion

1 Like

yes , I feel confident in my own decison making skills.
yes , I am able to make decision with what I learnt .Knowning its pros and cons and analysis is very helpful for me .Examples gives clear understanding of the topics.

Yeah,now I feel little better about my decision making skills.By using the decision making models we can definitely be unique and great in decision making.I’m hopefully waiting to make great decision in my carrier with all the knowledge gained by this article.

Salut là-bas! Je me sens confiant dans la prise de décision, mais cela ne dit rien, car la réalité et les pensées sont deux choses différentes, car la bonne décision échappe aux mains et se retrouve toujours quelque part. Je suis capable de prendre une décision et de suivre le cours choisi jusqu’à la fin, en faisant des efforts pour cela, mais pour prendre la bonne décision, il faut être un génie, je n’ai pas peur de ce mot, Dieu seul sait ce qui nous attend, la précision et le pragmatisme sont un grand cadeau…

I feel that I can still improve my decision-making skills. I have made decisions that I later abandoned, decisions I saw through to completion and regretted, and good decisions as well. I’d like to be able to make better decisions so that I can maximize my potential and that of my team.

I feel confident in my decision making processes, but that also depends on the area and environment that I will have to make decisions in. Places where I have experience vs. a situation where I lack understanding. Also, having all the information vs. lack of information. Ability to have a collaborative environment vs being “silo,d”.

yes, I am confident with my own decision-making skills. Especially on group decision-making because I can discuss the best solutions with my teams or friends.

yes. Because before I make the decision I always plan out things first and making sure that the decision i choose is the best decision (considering the pros and cons of the decision).

Actually, one of the main reason I took this course is to better my decision-making skills, and take decisions based on realistic and convincing reasonz. Besides, I am 60% confident about my decision-making skills.
Even though sometimes, I take some risky or wrong decisions, I can fully take the responsablity and try not to dwell on mistakes, I just learn from them.