BUS208: Unit 2.1 Social Networking

bus208

Reflect on the social networking article that you just read. Is social networking, as a business activity, part of your workplace responsibilities? Do you feel that personal social networking activities are conducted too much during the workday, distracting employees from their duties? Why or why not? Share your thoughts on the discussion forum by clicking on the link above and creating a (free) account, if you have not already done so. Read the responses that other students have posted and post your own comments on the forum. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to connect with your peers and to receive meaningful feedback of your own.

I believe that social networking can become distracting to many people in the work place. The reasons why I say this because I had two high position managers who would sit at their desk using social networking rather than they did their work. I know this was true because I would go into the office and find these networks open constantly or see when posts were made. During the year, my co-workers and I would ask these people for help or we needed our breaks. Somehow what we asked or needed never got done in a timely manner. Work and other agendas seemed to be pushed back and never done. Follow through and responsibility became a huge issue with my co-workers and I because we got to the point to do everything ourselves without asking for help from our head managers. It became tiring and repetitive. I have seen how social networking has influenced people in a negative way.

I do think that social networking can have a balance to any business if used in the right way. I think it can help promote your business and gain trust with other corporations. Social networking is the new way for businesses to endorse their products and stay in business. We need to adapt to our societies’ changes, but not let it over take our duties and responsibilities.

Social Network

A post was merged into an existing topic: BUS208 Discussion | 2.1.3 Social Networking and the Workplace

A post was merged into an existing topic: BUS208 Discussion | 2.1.3 Social Networking and the Workplace