BUS300 Unit 4 and PRDV304 Discussion

Choosing suppliers for your supply chain is often a challenge. Do you put all your eggs in one basket or look to fulfill your needs through multiple vendors? Using the information provided over choosing a good supplier, apply the criteria to the purchase of a new car. Discuss your answers to the following questions: Is the quality good, is the vendor reliable, does the vendor have a favorable reputation, is the company easy to work with? Based on your answers, which of the vendor would be your choice? Why?

3 Likes

I would choose the vendor which is best

2 Likes

In fact as I look back to when I purchased my first car, I did in go through the process for proper procurement. I sought out vendors that were reliable and had established reputations and recommendations. The quality and cost of the vehicles they had is what I examined next. My choice finally came down to the service benefits and safety features of the car. I paid more than what I would have for a different model but I chose safety and reliable and might I say excellent customer service which came in handy in the end.

5 Likes

Once quality and reliability checked out, i would go with easiest to work with over reputation. In order of importance; quality, reliability, compatibility, then reputation.

2 Likes

Firstly, I’d access all the attributes of the vendor in tandem with quality, reliability, pricing and professionalism.

2 Likes

This is a good opportunity to learn and discuss. H
However, I believe that the vendor must be reliable enough, good reputaionand I will make sure he is an easy going g with guy

2 Likes

I would look for a supplier with good quality product, reliable, good reputation and easy to work with.

2 Likes

As per needs, I may choose to fulfill my requirement through multiple vendors but without compromising with quality of products, vendor reputation and reliability.

2 Likes

We must first determine the need, by answering the following questions:
What are my needs? How many kilometers will I travel? What space is needed? …
According to my needs, I deduce the criteria for choosing my car vendor.
In any case, the vendors must have a favorable reputation, reliable, good quality of product and service.

2 Likes

I agree with mreyaz.az - when making purchases, I request quotes from several vendors and choose the one with the best price and how fast they can get it to me. Sometimes I will choose the vendor that has a slightly higher price if they can get it to me faster than the vendor with the lower price.

2 Likes

I would first identify different suppliers for the product then check them out one by one considering factors such as quality, reliability, good reputation and how easy it is to work with them. The supplier with the highest rating on those factors is the one I would go with.

2 Likes

Before purchasing a new car I’ll go through each and every quality check required for purchasing a new car. also the best with least cost.
timely delivery will assure me the reliability of the vendor.
the vendor has a good reputation in the market.
the company is very happy to work with the vendor.
Selection of the best vendor is still a problematic concept because no one can forecast human error but the best can be considerable for selection of vendor.

2 Likes

When I choose to buy a car, I wish to know about the brand, company and I compare with other for getting better value for money.
I must read the reviews of the car.
When I choose vendor it must be reliable, established reputation and well recommended by other .
I also ensure the quality, good reliable service and security.

2 Likes

Its important for customer satisfactory for the services, a company ensure timeline efficiency and effectiveness. Normally company relay on insurance to cover any misleading but its important for company to grant a client for services.

2 Likes

No, obviously I would not put all my eggs in one basket.I would definitely go through all the eligibility criteria which I would like to prepare before buying a car.Reputation and past experience plays a vital role in judging a vendor.I would like to choose vendor on the basis of liability because you are suppose to think multiple times before choosing one since you are investing money.

2 Likes

In selecting a supplier, generally you should choose the best and coincides with your specifications. The vendor who is easy to work with and has a good reputation will be the one that I’ll choose. Easy to work with vendors are more flexible and responds to orders fast, and with their good reputation, they are providing you with the quality products of your specification which were reviewed by other clients.

2 Likes

The first of all i will check the best vendor among the all where the vendor is having goodwill in the market or not, if he has goodwill definitely ill prefer to him

2 Likes

I would choose my supplier based upon the quality he is delivering for the product, whether he is reliable by checking his past records, selecting most reputed one, and finally how flexible or lean is the company with thier clients.

2 Likes

I could choose the vendor who is closest to my location and offers quickest service.

2 Likes

I would choose the supplier who is reliable, provides competitive price and can ensure product quality. I would also make sure that hidden costs remain low.

2 Likes