Business administration (diploma)

Hello,

My name is Jean Prosper. I find the initiative to offer free courses welcome. I also like that you can get college credits (on request). I congratulate you on that. However, I see that you are only issuing certificates. Why the word “Diploma” is missing from the register. How can we get a “diploma” in Business Administration if we pass all the courses that concern it.

Hi @jean_prosper_junior :slight_smile:

( Usual Disclaimer: I do NOT work at/for Saylor. I’m just another student here )

A Blog Post (posted by Sean Connor- Director of Student Affairs at Saylor Academy - @sean / @seanc here in the Forum), posted on February 9, 2017 - https://www.saylor.org/2017/02/blog-important-changes-to-our-diploma-pathways/ - explains why Saylor has stopped using the word “Diploma” and changed it to “Certificate”:

“(…) In the interest of complete transparency, the issue is the word “diploma”. The Higher Education Licensing Commission (HELC) of the District of Columbia (where we are based) has informed us that our use of the word “diploma” is potentially misleading to students and must be changed. (…) we have changed the templates of the diplomas to use the word “certificate” rather than “diploma” (…).”

By the way, that blog post has a corresponding discussion topic in this same Discourse forum that we are, available at the following link:

I think (but I may be wrong) that you can still get a special Certificate for the “Certificate Program” of the “Business Administration Curriculum”. You have more information about the “Certificate Programs” in the following web page:

From that web page:

"Note: certificates may still be awarded for students who complete the required courses, but we are not actively maintaining the programs. Some required courses may no longer be available or may become unavailable in the future. New certificates for the programs may also become unavailable in the future. Remember that every active Saylor Academy course still provides its own certificate of completion.

Certificates should automatically be awarded a short time (usually 24 hours) after all required courses have been completed. (…)"

Also according to that web page, the required courses for earning the Certificate for the “Certificate Program” of the “Business Administration Curriculum” are the following:

"(…) All of these courses:

BUS101: Introduction to Business
BUS103: Introduction to Financial Accounting
BUS105: Managerial Accounting
ECON101: Principles of Microeconomics
ECON102: Principles of Macroeconomics
BUS202: Principles of Finance
BUS203: Principles of Marketing
BUS204: Business Statistics
BUS205: Business Law
BUS206: Management Information Systems
BUS208: Principles of Management