Academy Home | Student Dashboard

Cloud Computing BUS206

If you were running a small business with limited funds for information technology, would you consider using cloud computing? Find some web-based resources that support your decision. Explain your decision in at least two paragraphs. Hint: you can find materials about this decision by searching on the term “cloud computing for small business”.

Answer: If I was running a small business with limited funds for information I would definitely consider using cloud computing. Several reasons why I would consider using cloud computing is: reduce cost of business, protection of data, and easy to access from anywhere. This will save time and save money in the business by having information stored on the interent and I would be able to access the data from home or work. In addition, I know my information would be protected once its saved to the cloud which is a plus to the business.

If I was running a small business with limited funds for information I would also consider using cloud computing. For all the reasons you already mentioned, but also because it is scalable and can absolutely meet my expectations in terms of growth, without having to invest a lot of money.

If I run a small business with limited fun for information and technology I wouldn’t choose cloud computing. With reasons such as:

1. Cost if securing: Securing a personal cloud is very much expensive and considering my business status as being “small”; it rules cloud computing off the list.
  2. Security threat: Tho there are open/free cloud space, these is not a good choice as my company data will be at risk. These low or free space is assesible by anyone.