Comm411 Unit 1 Discussion DC

1. How do the historical foundations of public relations apply to current day news? Share some examples.
    Historical Functions of public relations included more intellectual than today. I say that because now it seems as if its more of a joke. I remember watching the news all the time with my grandmother, now they seem to ask the most the most unaware people serious questions on air to make a fool our of them.

2. How might the role of public relations fit within a larger marketing campaign?
    It can fit into a larger marketing campaign with the roles of maintaining ongoing relationships. Networking is one of the biggest keys today and with beneficial relationships will be useful for any campaign.

3. How do you think developments in social media are impacting the field of public relations?
    Social Media alone is beyond further than i think any of us has expected. It show the good bad, and the ugly. As well as content that is not allowed to be attained in the socials presence. I feel social media needs to develop boundaries but that will effect 50% of their active users. It seems people live for the things that should not matter and do not pay the proper respects for what does.

3 Likes

I think that communication is more than just talk. Some people having talks, but there is no communication between them where each side does not understand the other or that the speech of the speaker contains terms that are difficult to understand on the recipient, so I think that communication is spiritual before what is verbal or non-verbal

2 Likes

A better way of communication is understanding the way to handle event, people or anything that needs communication. That is why we are educating ourself to have deeper understanding and make a good way to engage to different type of communication by means of verbal or non-verbal communication.

2 Likes

Public relations fit with a larger marketing campaign by serving to bring private and public policies into harmony.

2 Likes

some people in the world use communication platforms to abuse and provoke fellow citizens like here in Uganda people use Facebook to abuse other people which is not good at all.

2 Likes

PR is the key point of making success in all aspect of living.

1 Like

Today , networking has become the most important thing for mankind, people connect with each other all over the world through the networking. I think Public relations are fostered this way.

1 Like