Academy Home | Student Dashboard

COMM411: Unit 10 Disscussion

1.What
social networks do you currently participate in?

I
participate in a few social media networks such as facebook, instagram and
snapchat which is my favorite one to use.

1. As you researched the offerings of the
    professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find
    especially useful?

The
importance of gainful employment has always been an interest of mine. Researching
the professional associations helped me find great use of career resources and
employers.

3.How
do you feel networking may help improve your own career goals?

Networking
is a very important part of any profession; you must be able to communicating
with others and being able to understand their point of view. While grasping a
hold of any given advice is very important when networking thus it may be
useful in the future.

1. What social networks do you currently participate in?
I participate in Instagram and Snapchat mainly. Sometimes I go on to Facebook but not as much

2. As you researched the offerings of the professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful?
Just seeing the many different options that are out there is useful enough.

3. How do you feel networking may help improve your own career goals?
I believe, as I read, you are pretty much selling yourself in a sense, kind of. Making sure I am conscience of words and my appearance. With that said, I must vibe with the right who can help me out, some even show me the ropes. Getting to where i want to go, I believe it is important to know someone.

What social networks do you currently participate in?
I participate in LinkedIn and Twitter.

As you researched the offerings of the professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful?
I found it very useful to learn of how the different public relations professional associations help young PR professionals to advance.

How do you feel networking may help improve your own career goals?
I have no doubt Networking will help improve my own career goals because; networking seems to be a gist of knowing and sharing information with a wider range of people and entities. Through effective information sharing, I believe I can create more opportunities.

*Facebook, Linkden
  2. As you researched the offerings of the professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful?
    *the free resources that they provide to non-members, examples of how to best practices, write papers on PR topics, conduct yourself, etc
    *allows you to get in touch with successful people/companies that can assist with your rise to the top, put you in touch with others that can assist in specific areas of expertise that are needed for success, network for you; share your talent with others, etc

What social networks do you currently participate in?

• all the chambers in my city (Australian, American and British, ect), informal networking for example Internation network, philosophy workshop, ect
    As you researched the offerings of the professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful?
  • International Association of Business Communicators, PR Council and PRSA
    How do you feel networking may help improve your own career goals?
  • I do believe network will help improve my own career goals because it is a social capital, it is intangible but yet invaluable.

LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook

2. As you researched the offerings of professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful?
    The existence of such resources was new to me, so in truth all of them were useful. Knowing they exist and that they offer so many options/resources is very helpful.

Anytime one can spend quality time with another, thereby creating a bond, is time well spent. Networking sometimes sounds fake: yet if you approach it with the idea of “who can I help” it becomes simply the sincere act of being a kind human being. Such will benefit you and the people you meet.

1.What social networks do you currently participate in? The social networks I participate in is Facebook and Instagram.

2.As you researched the offerings of the professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful? The resources I found useful were the public relations society. They provide a plethora of free resources to people in the public relations career path. They offer internship opportunities and so much more. The public relations field is awesome for someone that has a passion for it. And help is provided along the way to where the person can’t be discouraged.

3.How do you feel networking may help improve your own career goals? I feel that networking can help improve career goals when it comes to job opportunities and promotions. I believe the more people you know in management will increase your opportunities for upward mobility in your career.

I currently participate in the social networks of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
    Of the professional associations linked in this unit the International Public Relations Associations is very useful as if gives its members the opportunity to connect and network across the world.
    Networking will be key to improving my own career goals. Building sound relationships with others in my industry and growing business opportunities will in return grow my business and profit.

1. What social networks do you currently participate in? I’m not comfortable in most social settings, selling myself or product. Through work there are several social functions were I am the speaker. After I speak I simply walk the room. Invariably I get waved at by someone. That’s my in. My invitation. They ask the questions and I am more comfortable with that, rather than a cold call.

2.As you researched the offerings of the professional associations linked in this unit, what resources did you find especially useful? IPRA. International Public Relations Assoc. I will become a member. It’s important to keep up with changes in the industry and to be connected to people with the same interests.

3.How do you feel networking may help improve your own career goals?
Most people are willing to give advise. That is something we all need when starting a new venture. I was speaking with a friend of mine recently about my goals and she made suggestions and said she would keep me in mind if anything in her area would be of interest to me. Make your goals known to others. I’m excited about my future goals so it is easy to talk about them. Listen to advise and options of others. You can accept what suits you and discard the rest.