1*) What steps do you hope to use to improve your own
writing skills?*

When improving in any of the things that I do, I begin with a better
 consistency and focus. These two things allow me to pour the necessary
 energy into the improvements areas, rather it be more intensive research
 or just better word usage throughout my writings. Better word usage would
 also help me eliminate any issues as well as help me as a writer prevent
 writers block. Next I would use connecting phrases to bring the topic to
 life for my readers as well as help identify particular information.

2)How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do
you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?

I keep a daily journal more like a weekly one that I visit with from time
 to time, allowing me to express deeper emotional thoughts. Working out
 also helps open up other windows of creativity that express different
 meanings and feelings. 

3)Share an example of a public speech you may have given.
How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?

I gave a speech at a program honoring a
very important person, I prepared my speech
to take more of a mentee aspect. I researched about the honoree and what his
accomplishments were. My speech gave insight on the honoree and his life and
what he meant to the community. Given the time available I made sure it was
brief but direct.

1. What steps do you hope to use to improve your own writing skills?
    I will first do a better job of researching the material for the article which will allow me the opportunity to focus in on what really needs to be stated. I will make sure to use action verbs and to use the 8 word test. Next step would be to use connectors to help the reader and then to lead them from old information to new information. I will also start to use the Problem-Solution-Action paradigm which will help eliminate writers block.
  2. How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?
    My creativity comes from taking a good run and listening to some music. This allows for me to open my mind up to other ideas and thoughts which ultimately brings out new and better ideas.
  3. Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?
    Recently I had a speech for a large group that included corporate executives and customers. I had designed my speech around customer service and what we are doing to improve service. My goal was to give the customers a sense that we have listened to their feedback over the last couple of years and made improvement suggested by them. I also gave them an opportunity to give feedback on current customer service and any suggestions that they might have for us going forward. The speech went well and the customer’s were engaged and giving feedback on current successes and what could help them in the future.

(1)What steps do you hope to use to improve your own writing skills?

• I try to take in as much information on how to properly format my writing and then put it into practice.

(2)How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?

• I just allow my brain to wander, day dreaming has always been a favorite pastime of mine.

(3)Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?

• I had to give a speech for a high school literacy campaign that I was advocating and to prepare for it, I focused on a tone that would resonate with the kids. I did several rounds of proofreading and editing but when the time came It was still nerve wracking, lol, but no one stormed out and the kids were very attuned so I guess it went over well.

One step I take to help improve my writing skills is research the material I am writing on a little bit more. In addition to that, use outlines to create small short sentences and passages for the essay or paragraph. Also, I would let my characters tell or lead the story as said in the youtube clip.

2. How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?
To activate my creativity, I usually talk aloud and jot things I feel like may keep the reader interested. All ideas jotted are not used but I think writing them down helps eliminate ones that may not fit.

3. Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?*
One speech I gave was on the importance of attending college and the benefits of joining a fraternity to high school and middle school students. It really didn’t take that much to prepare for. I really just prepared by mapping out how I would say it and what order I would put everything in. Also, the questions that are asked and how to respond was also needed a prepared thing too.

What steps do you hope to use to improve your own writing skills? Online because there is always stuff to look for if you look for it. Make sure what I am writing about is true also brain storming will be a huge step as well to help me think about who to tarket or everybody could be interesting and try to get my points and ideas into it. How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)? My creativity usulay comes when I am alone and have music on or if i am laying down in the quiet Austin Dillion started today’s Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond in 12th Austin did not make the chase this year but that is fine because it does not stop us Austin fans from supporting him. He is a very good young driver with plenty of time for him to get in it in time to come he has a long road of racing ahead of him. He comes from a great family who can help him. There fuel window is between lap 110-115 Denny is racing through pain this race he wants to prove racers can race through pain.

Green flag will be dropped very soon as you all know this is the last race before the chase starts so there is a lot of pressure on some of the guys to make it in. Lights are still on the pace car they are saving fuel before green comes out on the pace laps lights are out here we go there is a lot of action up front. Congrats to Jamie Mc Murray on making it into the chase, on lap 11 Austin is in p 11. Matt Kenseth took the lead from Joey Logano on lap 16.

It has been a good race so far the competition yellow should be out soon . On lap 24 Austin is still in 11th Kasey Kahne is trying to make his way into the chase but as we all know by now he did not make it into the chase which is sad to me because I am a huge Kasey Kahne fan I hate seeing him not make it in the chase always next year through the other three Hendrick drivers made it into the chase. I feel bad about Austin not making it in the chase caution is out for Martin Truex Jr.

This caution is going to be the competition yellow so everyone is getting work done on their cars Austin restarts in 10th there is fluid down Martin has been having some trouble with his car he has been on pit road three times now he is now smoking we are now lap 49 of 400 On lap 50 Austin has passed Kyle Busch for 8th Austin would have made it in the chase if he had won but because he did’nt he is out.

On lap 91 Austin is currently in 11th caution is out on lap 98 for debris free pass goes to Trevor Bayne in the 6. Pit stops are now underway on this caution Austin will restart 11th. On lap 106 Joey passes Matt for the lead on lap 109 Matt takes it back to the lead. Caution is out for the 46 hard hit to the wall there is major damage he is going to go behind the wall to the garage.

Jeb Burton said ‘‘there was nothing he could to and tell him he is sorry’’ over his radio. They refused Rutledge to do the fireworks oh will he tried. Pit road is now open some teams have come in to pit on this caution.On lap158 Austin is currently in 12th.

On lap 166 Austin is in 13th Matt Kenseth still leads right now on lap 204 Austin is back into 18th Austin ended up 27th congrats to Matt Kenseth good job by the 3 crew on to the windy city.

What steps do you hope to use to improve your own writing skills?
-I hope to build on the training / learning that I have acquired (such as from SAYLOR Academy), and if possible I will attend further training related to developing writing skills
-I hope to start making reference to what good writers have written as well as other learning materials – and learn from these
-I hope to start requesting people who have better writing skills to read through my piece of work and rely on their comments to improve my writing skills
-I hope to learn on the mistakes I have made in my previous writings

How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?
My creativity is best activated by memorizing and linking situations, as well as listening to the music I live most.

Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?
As a Regional Program Coordinator and Public Relations Focal Person for Habitat for Humanity International Uganda, I often organized Special Events such as ‘Special House Builds’ event, public awareness raising public events, and local fundraising events. During these events, I used to give speeches to a mixed audience which included community members, local celebrities, MPs, diplomats, leaders in the private and NGO sectors, and political leaders. I gave time to preparing my speeches; first by drafting and proofreading the drafts before sharing these drafts with my Supervisor for comments and corrections. Because I was a fresher from University, at first I used to feel nervous especially for the first 2 speeches I gave. However, with practice and regular delegations by my Supervisor to prepare and give speeches, I gained confidence. So most Speeches I have given have somehow gone on well.

I plan to be more attentive to what I am writing. I will keep an open mind on the information in which I am trying to relay to my audience. I need to practice proofreading on a regular (more than once). I will make sure that the sentences are connected an the information makes sense. Last, I will allow or ask someone to proofread for me.

How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?
My creativity comes when I have total solitude. I have to be relaxed and ready to explore thoughts. There could be a single action that takes place and my creative juices start flowing. I have to be well relaxed.

Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the s

I had to give a speech in an education course. Th speech had to incorporate a Power Point. I had to practice my speech and to make sure my speech was in since with my Power Point. This took practice. I even practice in front of family members. The presentation went well.

*convert back to the basics, attend workshops, partner up, always prepare drafts, have someone else proof read my work
  2. How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc)?
    *exercise, write down thoughts and goals
  3. Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?
    *I recently had to develop and present a dissertation on scheduling process. To prepare, I research the process itself, did a little networking with other trainers from different facilities, developed a flow chart. The speech went well. I had great feed back and the overall enhancement of work activity improved.

Firstly, I will take some writing courses to improve my fundamental writing skills and knowledge, secondly, read sample and field leaders writings as much as possible to learn the tactics and explore different styles. Thirdly, write, the best comes from practicing.

1. How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?
  • Contemplate alone, group brainstorming, take a walk or alone time.
  1. Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?

I gave a public speech about charity library project. I didn’t prepare it quite well back then, therefore, it went not what I expected.

I find that rereading a lot of my old work, and making notes of things I should change for next time helps. Also, reading other peoples writings and seeing the effective writing skills they use helps as well.
Listening to music helps me activate my own creativity. Free writing without a specific prompt in mind also helps me activate my creativity!
Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?
I had to do a pubic speech about the death penalty in high school. I prepared for the speech by doing hours of research and practicing with notes in front of a mirror. I think overall it went good.

I really liked the idea of creating rapport with the reader, along with making a Venn diagram to make sure my focus is not misplaced. I will also implement Hook’s 6 “Best Writing Tips.” Of those tips, the last one, “PSA” is my favorite because it sets forth a pattern which one can follow that will keep the material arranged in such a productive way. Obviously the more practice one can get in the better the writing can be.

2. How do you best activate your own creativity?
    Typically, I get flashes of ideas from things I am studying (whether related or not), learning, or watching/reading. I write those ideas down if I want to develop them later.

3. Share an example of a public speech you gave. How did you prepare? How did it go?
    Having been a full time minister, now part time and teacher, making public speeches is what I do. I have been privileged to give hundreds. I always prepare the same way: I write the material, edit it, shorten it, practice it several times, then give it. If I put in the work ahead of time it pays off every time.

I would use the Steven R. Van Hook’s “Best Writing Tips” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPUcJGABXI&feature=g-upl) because from all the links I have read, this was the most complete and of common sense of how to make a good writing.
I would try to use resonant characters so I can truly reach my audience, I would also use action verbs and take care of the “8 word test” so I don’t confuse my readers, obviously, I would use connectors instead of just writing sentences.

2. How do you best activate your own creativity?
I know it can sound a little bit crazy, but I have to say that the best way to activate my creativity, is with my dog (called Shiva, she is an Old English Sheepdog). Going for a walk, in the beach, just playing with her… That is when I feel that I’m setting my mind free.

I just gave one. It was my final presentation from my course in Tourism. I first prepared my speech writing down all the information I thought was relevant for the presentation, then I needed to adjust the information to the time I had (20 min). After that I started saying the speech to myself in front of the mirror (this was like a week before the deadline). After this, I gave it to my friends, then to my mum, and when she said something like “I don’t know if what you are saying is true or not, because I don’t know anything about tourism, but I’m totally buying your idea”, I started making other preparations.
Four days before the presentation I printed the brochures, I made a personal badge for myself and I went shopping to get my suit and shoes.
I kept practising the speech until I knew it all completely and without a doubt.
Finally the day came, I gave the speech to my tutor and four more teachers I didn’t know, I introduced myself and my idea, I put my mobile on the table with the chronometer, and I start talking, while I was doing the presentation I gave them the brochures and two printed examples of my project. Everything went totally fine, I felt very secure on that I was saying and I really enjoyed talking about my idea. I think they really like it too, because I got one of the highest mark.

1.What steps do you hope to use to improve your own writing skills?
The steps that I hope to improve in my own writing skills is to effectively communicate by utilizing the fundamental rule of not over wording my stories for readers. I would also use action words to propel the readers along my story lines. Lastly I would link sentences and phrases that are complex with connectors to ease the navigation of the text.
2.How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)?
I best activate my own creativity by running outside and using the fresh air and scenery as time to gather my thoughts and ideas. I enable myself to than sit down and compose my ideas and stories into a gathered message for my readers.
3.Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?
The example I have of public speaking is on last year I spoke to about 200 women at a conference on how to develop and live a healthier life at any age. I prepared for my speech by gathering information on the specific audience type, the age range, background , and what similarities I could Identify that I shared with these women. It went well, the feedback and crowd participation as I demonstrated exercises to the women went great. More opportunities developed from that conference. I built relations with nurse practitioners to come into their offices and help their clients with daily excercise regiments.

What steps do you hope to use to improve your own writing skills? I would use the “Fundamental Rule Test” by Dr. Thomas Klipstine to improve my own writing skills. The Three Fundamental Rules Test:

1. Have I used any extra words or sentences that are not necessary?
   2. Is my average paragraph approximately 50 words?
   3. Did I use any headings or subheads in the text?
   4. Could any information be presented in a bulleted format?
   5. Would the use of bold print or other highlights enhance key points?
   6. Should any information be linked to other documents?
   7. Is my work mechanically excellent?

2.How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)? I like to best activate my creativity by taking notes, researching, and creating timelines.

3.Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go? I used to work at a Credit Union as an Assistant Manager and I had to periodically do public presentations in front of my colleagues. I had to read a book about leadership and provide examples from the book which leadership style I preferred using. I prepared for the speech by narrowing down the leadership styles that represented me and based my presentation on what leadership style I already used with my staff and how I would like to enhance it to make my team better. The speech went well and I received a lot of feedback on my leadership style.

To improve my writing skills I will utilize the AP style guide.
    Reduce text by 50%. Stay away from large chunks of text.
    Use headings, sub headings and bullets.
    Be reminded of these points by Dr. Thomas Klipstine

1. Have I used any extra words or sentences that are not necessary?
    2. Is my average paragraph approximately 50 words?
    3. Did I use any headings or subheads in the text?
    4. Could any information be presented in a bulleted format?
    5. Would the use of bold print or other highlights enhance key points?
    6. Should any information be linked to other documents?
    7. Is my work mechanically excellent

2.How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc.)? I like to take a walk, just to clear my head. Then I mindfully think about the message and how best to convey it to the target audience. Next I fine tune my message using fewer but more powerful words. And fine tune again.

3.Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go? I regularly speak to about 150 people once a week. It is a sales presentation which includes powerful repetitive words. I always get very positive feedback regarding the clarity of information, my voice, and the product. I spend time reading aloud my presentation. That is very important as it often brings to light some errors in wording, or incorrect flow. I am very prepared by the time of the speech however, I know it can be better. I would like to add some humour or lightheartedness to the presentation.

The RACE acronym in the first reading (Chapter 8), which stands for research, action planning, communication and evaluation, is a strong tool to begin with when considering writing anything. You want to know what you are talking about. Be sure to use effective writing tools the items listed in the video, 1 – use resonant characters, 2 – engage action verbs, 3 – the 8 word test between nouns and verbs, 4 – link sentences and phrases with explicit connectors, 5 – lead your reader from old to new information, and 6 – craft a problem/solution/action paradigm.

Usually I have to totally remove myself from the situation. Kicking back on my bed with the TV on and my favorite pillow will sometimes relax the thought process enough that something will creep in and explode out! It also works for me to do dishes, laundry, or go check the mail. Mindless activity. All these things are refreshing to me and mindless so that my brain seemingly has a moment to reboot and sort out what it blocking it.
Recently I gave a presentation to a local veteran club. First telling them who I was, and what I did, and how my personal story connected to them. Then I shared a brief history, using the same format about the company I worked for. From that point I told how my company connected to the community and its history in it and how that connected to them as local citizens.
It was received well and that, in turn got me invited to a local board meeting and invitation to apply for some of their social service focus funding, so I feel it went quite well.

If I’m in need to improve my writing skills, I will take a writing class. If I need to write something now, I just consult a writing resource, a dictionary and a thesaurus.

1. How do you best activate your own creativity (e.g. do you take a walk, keep a journal, etc)?

If and when I need to write, I listen to classical music, I take walks if I’m experiencing writer’s block and I keep a daily journal to release my mind.

1. Share an example of a public speech you may have given. How did you prepare for the speech? How did it go?

The only speech I remember doing was my valedictorian speech in June 1991 at my graduation. I didn’t write the speech; one of the English teachers wrote it. Several times a week for about a month I stayed after school to practice it. I think it went well and plus many said that they like it also.

I read your responses and I enjoyed them especially #1.