COMM411: Unit 6 Discussion

1. What are some of the similarities and differences of
    commercial and social marketing?

The different objective points of
the marketer are one main distinct observation. The similarities follow up with
the same types of tools used to market towards certain social groups
initializing commercial marketing.

1. Have you ever worked on a social
    marketing campaign? Please share details.

I have not
worked on any marketing campaigns before. I have seen them put together and I
learned that you want to and need to have a target audience when deciding on
how to market and where you will be marketing.

1. What sort of social campaign
    might you like to work on in the future?

Working on a
fitness for children campaign would be interesting, I understand that health and fitness is a wide spread “fad” across
the world right now and what better audience to target than the youth? Bringing attention to health awareness could
even save lives as well as create a better job market.

1 Like

(1)What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?

• Commercial marketing is the art of identifying and understanding customer needs and creating solutions that deliver satisfaction to stakeholders and customers, e.g A new low calorie sports drink. However, Social Marketing seeks to influence social behaviours to benefit the target audience and the general society, e.g Breast Cancer awareness.

(2)Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.

• I have not worked on a social marketing campaign, however a very inspiring one that I have seen a lot of is the finish it campaign, aimed at young adults to lower the percentage of teen smokers.

(3)What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?

• I would love to be a part of the Finish It campaign aimed at lowering teen smoking , mostly because of how prominent harmful teen smoking is and the very visceral effects it can have on their health.
1 Like

social media is good to get more audience and it takes a lot less money than it woulf the other way also not as long.

no

I like to work in the social feild more

1. What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?
    Some similarities are they both use some of the same techniques to hit audiences. The difference is social marketing looks to “not benefit the marketer but to benefit the target audience and the general society.”

2. Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.
    I have not. I am sure that working on one would not be as hard as thought. I believe as long as you have your audience and you are keeping track of what your marketing is aiming towards where it is benefiting them and not you, you will be okay.

3. What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?
    Something that aims towards helping the youth overcome obesity or helping them with self-esteem issues.

1 Like

What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?
In terms of focus, Commercial Marketing focuses on marketing tangible goods and services whereas Social Marketing focuses on marketing a desired social behaviour or changing social behaviour. In terms of objective, the primary objective of Commercial Marketing is to satisfy customers by selling products to them and fulfilling their needs whereas that of Social Marketing is to benefit society in term of social gain. Commercial Marketing aims at making profit unlike Social Marketing which aims at seeing customers’ welfare change to better or good.

Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.
I have been engaged in social marketing for scaling up nutrition. For example, I have supported the development and designing of a project on citizen advocacy looking at nutrition policy reforms and increase in government nutrition investment. The key aim was to empower the grassroots community members become confident in voicing their nutrition issues to the decision makers and MPs for action. Among the many strategies, were implemented a multi media campaign on the critical nutrition issues and loopholes in government response to the issues.

What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?
I would like to continue engaging in social marketing for scaling up nutrition.

1 Like
  1. What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?

Social marketing is all online, Twitter, FB, Linked In, YouTube etc. Commercial marketing is Billboard, radio, print, TV. The similarities are that each needs to identify target audience, define goals,

2.Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.
I have not worked on a social marketing campaign other than to promote myself, as in LinkedIn. My marketing plan was about making connections, defining my product (me) and describing it in terms outside of the norm.

3.What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future? I would love to develop a campaign for a large hotel chain. I would raise awareness of the hotel and it’s services. The PR plan is about raising awareness, even gaining a large number of “LIKES” in a basic forum as Facebook, more than it is about higher sales. The awareness will contribute to the higher sales in the long term plan.

1. What are some of the similarities and difference of commercial and social marketing?

Social marketing share the same marketing principles as the commercial marketing. They share the first set of P’s in the marketing mix such as Product, Price, Place and Promotion but social marketing takes it a step further by adding extra P’s.The extra P’s are Publics, Partnership, Policy and Purestrings.

According to the article “What is Social Marketing”, it seeks to influence social behaviors to benefit the target audience and the general society.

1. Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.

No, I’ve never worked on a social marketing campaign.

1. What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?

Honestly, I don’t desire to become a PR agent so therefore I don’t intend to work on a social campaign. I desire to become a CPA and work on the nonprofit side. I desire to work with nonprofits that empower women specially single mothers.

I enjoyed reading your responses to each question. They were very detailed.

I enjoyed reading your responses.

Both practices involve general marketing strategies such as promotion, targeting, mix, and so, but in a different approach. While Commercial does focus on sales prospections, Social focus is over people; stakeholders and its group in this case. One relies on “how will it be sold” and the other relies on “who will we in the sales”.

1. Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.

Sadly, I haven’t experienced cooperation through a social marketing process directly. However it is unavoidable to encounter yourself with these kind of practices through everybody’s working environment because social marketing depends on people and unless you’re selling or working things solely to yourself, you must gather with people.

1. What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?

I’ve been always interested on how policies affects society, specially the family structure. I feel encouraged to work on behold’s family and society bests interests in an effort to promote conscious human engage with society and environment.