COMM411: Unit 6 Discussion

1. What are some of the similarities and differences of
    commercial and social marketing?

The different objective points of
the marketer are one main distinct observation. The similarities follow up with
the same types of tools used to market towards certain social groups
initializing commercial marketing.

1. Have you ever worked on a social
    marketing campaign? Please share details.

I have not
worked on any marketing campaigns before. I have seen them put together and I
learned that you want to and need to have a target audience when deciding on
how to market and where you will be marketing.

1. What sort of social campaign
    might you like to work on in the future?

Working on a
fitness for children campaign would be interesting, I understand that health and fitness is a wide spread “fad” across
the world right now and what better audience to target than the youth? Bringing attention to health awareness could
even save lives as well as create a better job market.

1 Like

(1)What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?

• Commercial marketing is the art of identifying and understanding customer needs and creating solutions that deliver satisfaction to stakeholders and customers, e.g A new low calorie sports drink. However, Social Marketing seeks to influence social behaviours to benefit the target audience and the general society, e.g Breast Cancer awareness.

(2)Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.

• I have not worked on a social marketing campaign, however a very inspiring one that I have seen a lot of is the finish it campaign, aimed at young adults to lower the percentage of teen smokers.

(3)What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?

• I would love to be a part of the Finish It campaign aimed at lowering teen smoking , mostly because of how prominent harmful teen smoking is and the very visceral effects it can have on their health.
1 Like

social media is good to get more audience and it takes a lot less money than it woulf the other way also not as long.

no

I like to work in the social feild more

1. What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?
    Some similarities are they both use some of the same techniques to hit audiences. The difference is social marketing looks to “not benefit the marketer but to benefit the target audience and the general society.”

2. Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.
    I have not. I am sure that working on one would not be as hard as thought. I believe as long as you have your audience and you are keeping track of what your marketing is aiming towards where it is benefiting them and not you, you will be okay.

3. What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?
    Something that aims towards helping the youth overcome obesity or helping them with self-esteem issues.

1 Like

What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?
In terms of focus, Commercial Marketing focuses on marketing tangible goods and services whereas Social Marketing focuses on marketing a desired social behaviour or changing social behaviour. In terms of objective, the primary objective of Commercial Marketing is to satisfy customers by selling products to them and fulfilling their needs whereas that of Social Marketing is to benefit society in term of social gain. Commercial Marketing aims at making profit unlike Social Marketing which aims at seeing customers’ welfare change to better or good.

Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.
I have been engaged in social marketing for scaling up nutrition. For example, I have supported the development and designing of a project on citizen advocacy looking at nutrition policy reforms and increase in government nutrition investment. The key aim was to empower the grassroots community members become confident in voicing their nutrition issues to the decision makers and MPs for action. Among the many strategies, were implemented a multi media campaign on the critical nutrition issues and loopholes in government response to the issues.

What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?
I would like to continue engaging in social marketing for scaling up nutrition.

1 Like
  1. What are some of the similarities and differences of commercial and social marketing?

Social marketing is all online, Twitter, FB, Linked In, YouTube etc. Commercial marketing is Billboard, radio, print, TV. The similarities are that each needs to identify target audience, define goals,

2.Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.
I have not worked on a social marketing campaign other than to promote myself, as in LinkedIn. My marketing plan was about making connections, defining my product (me) and describing it in terms outside of the norm.

3.What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future? I would love to develop a campaign for a large hotel chain. I would raise awareness of the hotel and it’s services. The PR plan is about raising awareness, even gaining a large number of “LIKES” in a basic forum as Facebook, more than it is about higher sales. The awareness will contribute to the higher sales in the long term plan.

1. What are some of the similarities and difference of commercial and social marketing?

Social marketing share the same marketing principles as the commercial marketing. They share the first set of P’s in the marketing mix such as Product, Price, Place and Promotion but social marketing takes it a step further by adding extra P’s.The extra P’s are Publics, Partnership, Policy and Purestrings.

According to the article “What is Social Marketing”, it seeks to influence social behaviors to benefit the target audience and the general society.

1. Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.

No, I’ve never worked on a social marketing campaign.

1. What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?

Honestly, I don’t desire to become a PR agent so therefore I don’t intend to work on a social campaign. I desire to become a CPA and work on the nonprofit side. I desire to work with nonprofits that empower women specially single mothers.

I enjoyed reading your responses to each question. They were very detailed.

I enjoyed reading your responses.

Both practices involve general marketing strategies such as promotion, targeting, mix, and so, but in a different approach. While Commercial does focus on sales prospections, Social focus is over people; stakeholders and its group in this case. One relies on “how will it be sold” and the other relies on “who will we in the sales”.

Sadly, I haven’t experienced cooperation through a social marketing process directly. However it is unavoidable to encounter yourself with these kind of practices through everybody’s working environment because social marketing depends on people and unless you’re selling or working things solely to yourself, you must gather with people.

I’ve been always interested on how policies affects society, specially the family structure. I feel encouraged to work on behold’s family and society bests interests in an effort to promote conscious human engage with society and environment.

A huge similarity between commercial and social marketing lies within the same parts of their title: marketing. Both would have a target audience and similar planning stages. However, commercial marketing has a large focus on a product or making a profit. Aka, selling something to consumers.

I worked on a social marketing campaign for my current job. It was difficult coordinating with the universities and volunteers for events. Getting all the information I needed for posts and articles was sometimes like chasing down cats. Also, volunteers didn’t have a very good sense of time management when it came to scheduling numbers or showing up for events. It was a huge challenge on my skills, but having a plan, audience, and goals helped with the more technical and ‘on paper’ part of the job.

I hope to be working on public awareness. This would include comments on things going on public notice, possibly hearings, disasters and other events in the area, etc. This is something I want to get started on in the upcoming few months if possible.

1. What are some of the similarities and differences of
commercial and social marketing?

Both Commercial and Social Marketing have the Four P’s of marketing, Product, Price, Position (location) and Promotion, however, these elements
mean something different for each. For example, the product in Commercial marketing is what will be shared with the publics (audience) and the price will be something like the time that the audience will have to give to listening or watching what is being shared; it could also mean the effort that the publics would have to put forth. Another very important difference is that with commercial marketing the bottom line is always profit for the owner, but in social marketing the whole idea is to provide something that will profit the publics.

2. Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Please share details.

I worked with a friend on a social marketing campaign. My friend worked with a government sponsored initiative on cancer. My main assistance to her was to help her find a speaker for a major event that her organization was sponsoring to encourage women on breast cancer survival especially when cancer is detected in the early stages. I was able to secure a speaker for her, a young lady who had beaten cancer at least three times and was living an extremely full life. I was able to find someone to sponsor the speaker, by providing her with travel to the event as well as a speakers salary. The event was well attended and successful in that the speaker resonated with a lot of the women in attendance who engaged with her heavily following the event.

3. What sort of social campaign might you like to work on in the future?

I would like to work on a campaign that encourages young people to be more responsible about sexual pursuits because many of the children born to immature, irresponsible parents can have an unnecessary difficult life. Young people need to learn that one of the reasons sex should be confined to the mature is because it comes with responsibility. When children have children, it can sometimes result in a vicious cycle with seemingly no way out. My social campaign will involve workshops, seminars, health expos etc. to help and stem the tide of unwanted or
unexpected pregnancies in young teens.

1. What are the similarities & differences between social and commercial marketing ?
    SIMILARITIES
    Both marketings use the same technique’s to reach out and persuade their target audiences
    .- their communications and product features are both dictated by the needs and desires of the target audiences
    -both social and commercial marketing take into account the 4 PS of marketing (product,place,price,promotion)

DIFFERENCES

Commercial marketing has its main ibjective of persuading people to buy a product and make a markup whereas social marketing is mainly focusing on influencing behaviour change ,adoption of certain life styles, encourage participation in certain national program or events …All in all the beneficiaries of social marketing services & goods whether tangible or intangible it is the people and society at large

• social marketing is usually to sell ideas ,attitudes and behaviours unlike commercial marketing whose primary aim is to sell goods and services for profit.
    -price for social marketing products is not necessarily measured in terms of monetary value but the efforts and time which the target audience take to access the devices
    A lot of time and imagination is applied when coming up with the monetary value of the product…if the price is abnormally little consumers will perceive the product to be of sub standard quality and when the price is pegged to high a lot of people will be turned away and shun the services.
    Its therefore crucial to strike a balance in between which helps to build perception of quality and affordability
  • the place from where the product in social marketing is dispensed is not necessarily a sales outlet , it cam be a clinic ,school , doctors office ,council offices or from a mass media van churning out useful information.
    Social marketing success unlike commercial marketing, depends on many stake holders - partnerships , media , policy regulatory frame work , financiers , internal audience( implementers of the programs)
    2.Have you ever worked on a social marketing campaign? Share a few details.
    Yes .I participated in a government sanctioned program through the Electoral Commission of Zimbabwe. We had a task to educate and persuade people to register as voters and come out to vote in tripartriate elections.
    We educated them on the type identification documents to bring for registration and voting.We also advised them on why it was important for them to participate in the voting and the future of the country and theirs
  1. What sort of social marketing campaign might you like to work on in the future ?
    I desire to be involved in a social marketing campaign that is designed to ease tribal tensions in the country.
    I wish to educate citizens on the importance of considering merit above tribal inclinations when selecting leaders for public offices.

Principle contrast between business advertising and social showcasing

Social showcasing is more troublesome than business advertising.

Business Marketing Social Marketing

Product Selling of unmistakable merchandise and services Selling wanted conduct

Essential objectives Primary objective in business showcasing is to fulfill client by offering items to them and satisfying their needs and procure profit. The essential target of social advertising is to profit society in term of social increase.

Focus Focus on physical items or services. Focus on to arrive at the intended interest group and change the conduct.

Showcasing tools Marketing apparatuses use for selling products. Marketing device use for evolving practices.

Fulfilling needs In business showcasing, advertisers fulfill individual needs. In social promoting, advertisers fulfill society needs.

Similitudes between business promoting and social showcasing

A client direction is basic.

Trade hypothesis is essential.

Statistical surveying is utilized all through the procedure.

Crowds are divided.

The best possible objective market is chosen.

Every one of the 4 P’s are considered.

Results are estimated and assessed and utilized for development.

Social Marketers

Business associations don’t do social showcasing. There are different associations that create and process social advertising efforts:

Open part associations

World Health Organization (WHO)

Communities for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Division of Health

NGO’s

Division of Social and Human Services

National Highways Traffic Safety Administration

Schools, Parks, people group wellbeing centers

Governments

Approaches to deal with social issues

Innovation

Science.

Legitimate/Political/Policy making

Improve foundation

Fabricated condition

Changes in corporate approaches

Schools preparing

Training

Media

Social promoting is unique in relation to business advertising. Social promoting is about society conduct. What do you figure how social promoting can be performed so well? Disclose to us your musings by remarking on this article.

good description writing

good demonstration