CUST 104 2.2 exercise

Choose three examples of communication and identify the primary message. Share and compare with classmates.
Choose three examples of communication and identify the auxiliary message(s). Share and compare with classmates.
Think of a time when someone said something like “please take a seat” and you correctly or incorrectly interpreted the message as indicating that you were in trouble and about to be reprimanded. Share and compare with classmates.
How does language affect self-concept? Explore and research your answer, finding examples that can serve as case studies.
Choose an article or opinion piece from a major newspaper or news Web site. Analyze the piece according to the five-part structure described here. Does the headline serve as a good attention statement? Does the piece conclude with a sense of closure? How are the main points presented and supported? Share your analysis with your classmates. For a further challenge, watch a television commercial and do the same analysis.

1Telling someone to sit down. Telling someone to get something, and telling someone to pick up the dry cleaning.
2 glad to see you, let’s talk. I noticed you’re always out and about. I need you to do this for me so i can work.
3I figured my boss was upset and mad that i was late for work again.
4Im not sure. I can see where some language can change how things are percieved.
5 Watched a tv commercial for chia pet. The headline was a new bob ross chia pet.no closure. It was interesting to see how it would look. It showed how it would look in various stages of growth.

1.Telling someone to get something, and telling someone to past the ball.
2. We need to talk. I noticed you’re always out and about. I need you to do this for me so i can work.
3.My teammate is always mad that i ask for the ball.
4. i can see that his language played a rule on how things are perceived.
5. I heard a motivational speech very insightful; change the way that i look at things decided to display this to my teammates.