CUST104 1.3 Exercise

Please recall a time when you gave a speech in front of a group. How did you feel? What was your experience? What did you learn from your experience?
If you were asked to get the attention of your peers, what image or word would you choose and why?
If you were asked to get the attention of someone like yourself, what image or word would you choose and why?
Make a list of mass communication messages you observe for a one hour period of time. Share your list with classmates.
  1. When i was the Secretary for the local roller derby team, i spoke in front of the team often. I was always nervous. It was an okay experience. What i learned from it was to take a breath and to take it a topic at a time.
  2. I would. Use “hey” or “excuse me”, and i would get louder each time they didnt hear me. Its my normal language to be non formal.
  3. Anything that would have to do with roller derby or my children would get my attention really fast.
  4. Not sure. Only thing i can think of is the spam email i get.

Please recall a time when you gave a speech in front of a group. How did you feel? What was your experience? What did you learn from your experience?
If you were asked to get the attention of your peers, what image or word would you choose and why?
If you were asked to get the attention of someone like yourself, what image or word would you choose and why?
Make a list of mass communication messages you observe for a one hour period of time. Sha
~ Had a basketball game at my school. It was a big game for the kids so i know i had to give a good motivational speech. I was nervous however It was an okay experience. What i learned is that people can be motivated in a lot of ways be a good speech would make them believe in whatever
~ I would. Use “hey” or “excuse me”, and i would get louder each time they didn’t hear me. Its my normal language to be non formal.
~Anything that have to do with my wife, kids will get my attention.
~ My Facebook, Spam emails, newspaper or the TV.