Academy Home | Student Dashboard

CUST105: Customer Service - Unit 1 Discussion

1. What sort of customer service job might you like to find? Would you prefer working in a face-to-face situation, or through a remote customer service center? What industry would you like to work in? I have always been passionate about being in the tourism industry specifically on travel and tours. If I were to work on this sector of the industry, I would prefer working in a face-to-face situation, however, given the present situation, being flexible in delivering remote customer service is essential.

2. Describe an interaction you’ve been involved with - either personal or professional. What steps did you take to make a favorable impression? How might you use the lessons from this unit to make even better impressions? When I was working as a travel consultant, I interact with customers thru various modes, may it be face-to-face, via email or thru telephone call. To make a favorable impression, I always ensure that I get to deliver what the customer is asking for on a reasonable time. Delays usually make customers unhappy thus delivering service on an efficient manner has been my goal to make better impressions. Also, I show to the customers that I care for them. Our transaction doesn’t end on the reservations or providing them with their tickets or tour vouchers but it continues on the day of their vacation until they return. Additionally, when I prepare a tour proposal and have it presented to the customers, I would emphasize the tour highlights and ensure that it would be worth the price. The lessons on delivering a pitch is useful especially when convincing customers to avail of what you are offering them.

3. As a customer, what needs and wants do you hope to have fulfilled by customer service providers? Do they match those covered in this unit? Customers would always want to be taken cared of thus as a customer service provider, you have to be attentive to their needs. Being keen to details is important.