Academy Home | Student Dashboard

CUST105: Customer Service - Unit 2 Discussion

1. What are some examples of problems you or someone you know may have had with a company based on a faulty product or service? How did it get resolved?

There was a time that we bought a faulty product and we got to test the product a day before the end of the warranty period. When we found out that the product had some sort of defect, we brought it back to the store. We really appreciate the salesperson as he assisted us immediately. He asked for our receipt and found that it is already a day after the warranty period. Despite that, he managed to find a way to change the faulty lid of the product. Luckily it was just a faulty lid but we appreciate the effort of the salesperson to still find a way to help us resolve the problem.

2. Consider a situation where you had to deal with an angry person. How did you handle it? What might you have done differently using some of the methods described in this unit?

There was a time that I was not able to provide what the customer needs and so she got angry and called my manager (over the phone). Our manager then advised me about it and told me to find options for the client. Even if the customer didn’t get mad at me, I should have provided options for the client despite the request being too soon. Showing interest to a customer’s request is indeed important.

3. What sorts of diversity do you find in your immediate environment of family, friends, work, school, groups, and so on? How do you best interact with the differences in cultural backgrounds and behaviors?

In my work, I find diversity in their personalities. There are those who prefer serious discussions while the others want to have a flavor of fun. It is difficult to deal with such differences thus to meet both of their needs, I would try to combine or strategize to make discussions not too serious and add some sort of fun but to limit it. Dealing with diversity is really a challenge but to allow inclusivity is indeed relevant.