CUST105: Final Project: Customer Service Training Manual

This is your training manual:

This manual is designed to keep you current and fresh on what exactly customer service is all about.
Its work environment, methods of successful customer relations, and career advancement tactics.

The fundamental duties of a customer service worker are to answer questions and resolve problems.

The success in this regard depends on one ability to connect with the customers on a personal level.

You must have the proper attitude; a strong first impression, and communicate well; both verbally and non-verbally and most importantly understanding just what the customer wants and needs are.

As a customer service worker you will be assigned various work stations equipped with a telephone, computer, and a calculator. Or you might meet customers face to face; witch makes it more personal.

You will develop the ability to asses a situation effectively and be prepared to do what is necessary to d-escalate the issues and establish a rapport with the customer; witch allows for customer participation in resolving the matter.

As a customer service worker you will have to defuse anger, and work with a wide range of people and cultural backgrounds. So you will need tools and technologies to make it work.
Customer service workers need to multitask sometimes to manage their time, and network.

So the first tool you will need is telephone skills. By positively projecting your voice over the phone you set the customer in a relaxed posture and can effectively communicate.

The next tool is good writing skills. Because allot of people do not have allot of time to read e-mails or text messages; So you have to be straight to the point and you must proof read your correspondence for any typos or grammar issues before sending.

The correspondence must be concise and comprehensive. Lastly, the most important tool is teamwork.
you must have effective team work to resolve difficult matters.

A valuable customer service worker would be one that can deliver sound advice, professional, empathetic, friendly, and knowledgeable on the product or service provided. He or she must posses proficiency in observational learning, speaking, investigating, and the uncanny ability to work with detail. He or she must have active listening skills, data entry skills, and working knowledge of effective communication through social media.

He or she must be a problem solver and have proper phone edicate; you must listen and respond to customers needs and concerns, take orders, determine charges, and over see billing and payments.

You must review and /or make changes to customer accounts. You must research solutions or answers as needed.

Copying, faxing, scanning, e-mailing, texting, trouble shooting and live chat, may be needed.
This all needs to be done in a friendly and professional demeanor.

You must be able to work full time, and must develop impeccable team work ethics.

Everyone you will come in contact with will have their own opinion on how any given situation should be approached. Do the necessary research to gain substance. You must be considerate of others points of view.

Assessing customer wants and needs is a mater of simply asking a question. Most customers will tell you exactly what’s needed to keep their business; and others will like to see customer satisfaction in action.

The demand for customer service workers has increased. However, competition will be highly competitive.
So if this is the career path your on for long term or short term, you must have patients and good preparation skills. The salary starts off low but there is good chances for advancement within the industry; witch allows for raises to increase income.

In the customer service field you need to be open to suggestions from team members and accept constructive feed back.

This will sharpen your abilities and teach you new ways to approach new situations.

On the job training is often given with each new customer service worker because it gives the new hire a picture of what to expect on the floor or in the call center. Be carful in the choice of words you choose when the class is reviewing lessons, and comparing notes. Seek to stand out by showing the value of your skills sets compared to the common standard. Do home work and see what is being the most complained about in the industry and implement a plan to overcome it, or correct it.

When you think of a customer service workers one thinks telephone or computer. Customer service is in retail, sales, marketing, advertising, food service, public relations , community service, volunteer service, emergency services, policing, fire fighting, tax preparation; that’s just a few things.

We also have the internal customer; witch are your team mates. They deserve the same respect as if you were dealing with an external customer. There are internships available for those who don’t get hired on the first try. This will help you get use to/ or familiar with time management, and dealing with lots of different people.

Another important part of excellent customer service is taking proper notes with as much detail as possible, so should the customer call back there will be a note that has all the necessary components to solve the matter.

Customer service requires much if the customer service worker is not up to the task. Service is the key word in this mode of employment. We are servants not managers. We are to follow the orders given and always deliver consistent application of great attitude. We must stay consistently diligent in our quest to satisfy our customers and this will increase the profitability of the company we represent and provide job security,

We also get the value of learning new ways to deal with many scenarios in our personal lives as well. We are faced with issues daily in our professional and personal lives. Specialized customer service training not only prepares you for dealing with business, it pushes you to a whole other level of cognitive thinking.

It teaches you how to be supportive and aware, knowledgeable, emotionally prepared, and self reliant. customer service workers are always resourceful and inventive.

Customer service workers excel in the art of resolution. The customer service worker practices the science that coordinates the devices, systems, and physical conditions, with the capacities and requirements of the consumer. It is better to be patient than proud; be wise when making decisions concerning resolutions to small and large problems.

CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING MANUAL
“There is only one boss, and whether a person shines shoes for a living or heads up the biggest corporation in the world, the boss remains the same. It is the customer! The customer is the person who pays everyone’s salary and who decides whether a business is going to succeed or fail. In fact, the customer can fire everybody in the company from the chairman (CEO) on down, and he can do it simply by spending his money somewhere else.
Literally everything we do, every concept perceived, every technology developed and associate employed, is directed with this one objective clearly in mind – pleasing the customer.”
Sam M. Walton, CEO Wal-Mart
Definition of Service
“Service” should provide the customer with more than a product or action taken on his/her behalf. It should provide satisfaction. A happy customer will continue to be a buying customer and a returning customer.
Who are Your Customers?
Customers, buyers and clients want to pay a fair price for quality service or products, and feel satisfied they have paid for a service/product and received what they have paid for in return. They also want someone to take care of them. Customer service starts with the ability to listen to the customer and find out through polite questioning what he/she needs or wants.
Develop a Customer Friendly Approach
By “customer friendly” I mean viewing the customer as the most important part of your job. The cliché, “The customer is always right” is derived from this customer friendly environment.
Two critical qualities to the “Customer Friendly Approach”:
• Communications
• Relationships
The two main tasks of successful customer relations are to communicate and develop relationships.
What Customer Service Means
Customer service means providing a quality product or service that satisfies the needs/wants of a customer and keeps them coming back. Good customer service means much more – it means continued success, increased profits, higher job satisfaction, improved company or organization morale, better teamwork, and market expansion of services/products. Remember, good customer service results in consumer satisfaction and return customers and growth in business.
Professional Qualities in Customer Service
The professional qualities of customer service to be emphasized always relate to what the customer wants.
• Friendliness – the most basic and associated with courtesy and politeness.
• Empathy – the customer needs to know that the service provider appreciates their wants and circumstances.
• Fairness – the customer wants to feel they receive adequate attention and reasonable answers.
• Control – the customer wants to feel his/her wants and input has influence on the outcome.
• Information – customers want to know about products and services but in a pertinent and time-sensitive manner.
Simple Actions Huge Returns
• Customers will spend up to 10% more for the same product with better service.
• When customers receive good service they tell 10-12 people on average.
• When customers receive poor service they tell upwards of 20 people.
• There is an 82% chance customers will repurchase from a company where they were satisfied.
• There is a 91% chance that poor service will dissuade a customer from ever going back to a company
It is often not what you articulate but how it is presented. What you wear and how you express yourself has a lot to do with how what you say is received. It is clear that just looking good will not produce the desired level of customer satisfaction.
• Smiling
• Eye contact
• How you look
• Shaking hands
• Be attentive
• Tone of voice
• Hand gestures
• Personal space
• Posture
• Observation
Conversations Over the Telephone
It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It.
The moment you pick up a telephone, body language and visual perceptions disappear and your tone of voice becomes dominant. For example:
• A flat tone of voice says to the customer, “I don’t like my job and would rather be elsewhere.”
• Slow pitch and presentation say, “I am sad and lonely – do not bother me.”
• A high pitch, rapid voice says, “I am enthusiastic and excited!’
• A loud voice says, “I’m angry and aggressive.”
Telephone Etiquette
Telephone etiquette, unlike more varying body language, can be uniform and is not culturally based. Being telephone friendly is one of the least expensive and cost-effective ways to deliver better customer service.
Troubleshooting
Some things which may upset a customer are simply unavoidable. Here are some tips on how to best handle these situations.
“Putting a Customer on Hold”
Ask the customer if you can put them on hold; wait for them to say “yes” or “no” and then explain it will only be for a short period of time. Explain to customers why you are putting them on hold and give a progress report at intervals. Thank customers for holding.
“Transferring a Call”
Ask the customer if they mind being transferred; wait for them to say “yes” or “no” and explain why they are being transferred and to whom.
“Ending the Call”
This is the final step in good telephone etiquette. A good customer service representative ends the call on a positive note, repeating any actions agreed to be taken and what is going to be done to help or serve the customer
Helpful Reminders for Polite and Friendly Responses
Wrong Approach------------------------Polite and Friendly Alternative
“I don’t know.” --------------------------“I’ll find out.”
“No.” ------------------------------------“What I can do is…”
“That’s not my job.” -------------------“Let me find the right person who can help you"
“You’re right – this is bad.” ------------“I understand your frustrations.”
“That’s not my fault.” ------------------“Let’s see what we can do about this.”
“You want it by when?” ----------------“I’ll try my best.”
“Calm down.” ---------------------------“I’m sorry.”
“I’m busy right now.” -------------------“I’ll be with you in just a moment.”
“Call me back.” --------------------------“I will call you back, what is your phone number.”
Communicating with the Unsatisfied Customer
When coming into contact with a customer, communicating with him/her, or analyzing problems, do not forget to use the following methods or qualities of the customer service professional:
Listen
Sympathize and empathize
Do not argue and do not interrupt
Do not lose your self-control
Take down notes and facts
Show empathy for customers’ problems. Let the customers know their problems concern you as well. Use the magic words, “I’m sorry” when need be.
Encourage an extremely agitated customer to vent a little before initiating steps to resolve the problem. You can use such phrases as “tell me about what happened.”
Remain objective and calm. Take responsibility and keep a focus on achieving results.
Involve the customer. This returns a sense of empowerment to a customer who may be feeling powerless.
Provide clear options and steps to a resolution.
Assure the customer that you will advise management of the problem to prevent a similar situation in the future.
Admit the problem and proffer solution options
Involve the customer in problem solving
Follow-up

Customer service problem solving involves:
• Ask necessary questions to get more complete information and completed picture of a situation
• Find out exactly what the customer needs you to do for them
• Explain first what you can do, and then gently add what you cannot do
• Discuss in detail all opinions, and then decide what needs to be done
• Undertake immediately what was discussed
• Check the result to make sure the customer is completely satisfied
Teamwork
A CSW will work with other team member to achieve goals and targets. Effective and well-coordinated teams make huge impact on the company. Let’s discuss the three primary components of effective teamwork
The common vision and mission shared among all team members – as a team your common goal is to work to attain the vision of the company. CSWs should always ensure effective communication and coordination among themselves to propel an overall excellent customer service.
The complimentary skills of each team member – each member of the group has a unique skill and characteristics that complement the group. It is important to note that the strength of the group does not necessarily come from your similarities, but the combined contribution of each member’s differences.
The interpersonal bonds that tie it all together - An effective team should bond together in common support of the company’s vision and mission. This is an ongoing process, as the team members come to appreciate each another’s abilities, loyalties, and commitment to individual and group successes. CSW should find ways of resolving their differences or conflicts without it affecting productivity.
Self-Care
It is important you take good care of yourself to stay healthy to perform your role. Here are some tips you can adopt.
• Try not to go home with problems, conflicts or unresolved issues, leave them at the workplace.
• Create time for relaxation and other activities that can help you rejuvenate and keep a healthy perspective on work and life. Such as exercising with a walk or a visit to the gym, reading, listening to your favorite music, getting a massage, taking a long bath, watching a movie among others to put your mind at rest and restore calm.
• Collaborate with your employers to ensure they take the proper steps for time management and productivity.
• Workers should beware of allowing negative emotions at the job place to affect their well-being

Customer Service Training Manual

We welcome you to our company and want to help you succeed as a new customer service representative! it is our goal for all of our customers to receive exceptional quality and service from us with every encounter they have with us. Remember, without customers, you have NO job! Their value to us cannot be overstated. Everything we do must reflect a commitment to service excellence for our customers and our staff. Having said this, YOUR value to us cannot be overstated either. You have a very important job, and it begins today! The goals of our training are to equip you with the most basic tools needed to deal with a variety of challenges in the field of customer service. We will review best practice service models so that you have a clear understanding of your job description, basic communication skills, dealing with difficulty people, and how to keep growing in developing in this aspect of your career. Every single time you go the extra mile for a customer, you are helping to instill loyalty to our company from that customer. So, let’s begin this journey. Here is an outline of what we will be discussing in our training.

Unit 1: A Basic Understanding of the Customer Service Job Description:
A. Review of the core values and mission of our organization
B. Understanding the value of delivering exceptional service
C. Various customer service delivery systems
D. A guide to your work station.

Unit 2: Qualifications and Preparation for Your Job as a Customer Service Representative
A. Qualifications and Preparation
B. Developing Important Skillsets
a. Communication skills
b. Problem solving skillsets
c. Customer service skillsets
C. Understanding the Basics of Marketing Terms and Concepts
a. Understanding the Marketing structure of our organization
b. The Four P’s of Marketing
c. Aiming high to meet customer expectations
D. Understanding the Customer
a. What does the customer really want from us?
b. What does the customer truly need from us?
E. Communication Techniques that every customer service rep needs
a. My Verbal Communication is important
b. My Nonverbal Communication is important
c. Writing communication tips
F. Role Play with Customer Service situations
a. Analyze the encounter for positive actions taken
b. Sight the opportunity for improvement noted in the role play
G. Dealing with Difficult and Challenging Customers
a. Remaining calm when you want to scream!
b. What are some key words for key times.
c. When is it time to escalate the problem to higher levels of authority
H. Developing Exceptional Telephone Skills
I. Continuing Education opportunities
J. Let’s explore online companies and see how they are handling customer service effectively.

We know that as customer service professionals, we all want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. Making a difference, making people less anxious, helping to resolve their problem with a product or situation, or making them feel like they were truly heard all makes a difference in their perception of our company. Implementing all that we have discussed will help us have a service culture. A culture that you will be proud to be a part of. Let the journey begin!

Customer Service Training Manual

Welcome to our company! As a member of the customer service team, you hold perhaps the most important position at our company. It’s important for you to make sure our customers are satisfied every time. As such, I’d like you to remember a few things:

1. Treat the customer politely and with respect. This includes careful listening, never getting angry or blaming the customer, or speaking in a way that would make them feel bad. Always speak and act professionally, confidently, politely, and positively. Watch the tone of your voice and your body language - all non-verbal communication - as this greatly affects how your customers feel about the experience. Smile always.
  2. Remember the steps - Listen, empathize, and take control. Replace phrases like “I don’t know” with “Let me find that out for you”. Be solutions and can-do focused.
  3. Work as a team. If you’re having problems within the team it will affect the customers. Remember to focus on each other’s strengths and encourage and help each other to grow and do better. Get to know each other personally. Don’t sabotage each other’s work or be nit picky and critical, but do offer helpful suggestions. When conflicts do arise, try to resolve them without involving anyone else. If that doesn’t work you can take it to the manager. Do not talk behind people’s back, even to ask if they think it’s an issue. Never gossip. Remember, your coworkers are people too, and treat them respectfully and kindly.
  4. Protect yourself from negative customers and emotions with your mindset. Don’t take anything they say personally, nor argue or defend yourself or another. But don’t make a coworker appear incompetent by saying they did something wrong, even if they did. You can fix it and give good service without doing that. Remember, their anger is their problem and you don’t need to join in. If they need to vent, let them. And apologize and empathize sincerely as many times as necessary. When they have calmed down they will be more rational, but never tell them to “calm down” or dismiss their problems and emotions; instead empathize “I know that is very frustrating. Let me fix it for you”.
  5. Remember to take care of yourself. You can’t give the best experience to our customers when you are overworked or stressed. Take time to relax, exercise, eat healthy, have a personal and fulfilling life. Leave work troubles at work and home problems at home. If you’re unable to manage your workload, speak to the manager.

Following these tips and the other training you have received will help you succeed and have a better experience working here. Remember to continue learning and progressing. We’re here together, for you and for each other.

Welcome to the team!

Hello and welcome to the start of your customer service career! In this word document, we will be going over tips and protocols for your new customer service position. This job can be very fulfilling if you strive to become the best at what you do. We will lie out different ways to handle tricky customers, training processes, and figuring out how to further your career in customer service. Take not of everything that is said in the following paragraphs, as they will be useful in your everyday job life.
As you go through the training process, we will cover basic situations of angry customers so you will be better prepared. The basic rule I like my customer service workers to follow is the P/S/A paradigm. This stands for: be faced with a problem, frame the problem, pose a solution to the problem, and then finally take action to fix the problem. To help implement these tools, we will walk through a basic scenario of an angry customer interaction.

Our company is a manufacturing company. Every day we shipped hundreds of parts out our doors to our customers. Our customers expect on time delivery with the right part in the box. Let’s say that you are in the middle of the work day when the phone rings. You answer the phone appropriately. That means naming our company and having a polite tone. It is very important to start a phone conversation off right, Try smiling when talking to the customer over the phone that will transfer over to the customer. The customer right off the bat is accusing you of shipping the wrong part. This is the part where you are faced with the problem.

Next step is to frame the problem. The customer keeps going on and on about how this is messed up and that he will not being doing business with us any longer. As you are listening intently, apologize on behalf of the company. Use this phrase, “I’m sorry the company did not meet your needs how they were expected.” Never take sole ownership of the problem. That is an easy way for the customer to blame you and only you. Once they blame you, they may want to talk to someone higher than you to give a bad review. Or worse, they may continue to say hurtful things instead of solving the problem at hand. After apologizing, try your best to understand what the problem is. Let the customer know you are problem solving ways to fix the shipping for them.

The next step is to pose a solution to the problem. You have the customer calmed down some, so now you can discuss ways to fix their problem. Make the customer feel included in this process. Using the phrase, “Let’s problem solve and find a solution to your problem.” Let them know the steps you’re doing to solve the problem. “I am looking into your order and finding your correct parts right now.” After explaining that, the customer will feel like you’re truly working hard to fix this problem with them. Discuss the process and getting the new part to them.

The last step is to take action to fix the problem. Find their missing part and contact the appropriate people to get it handled. Inform the customer that you have found the part and that it will be delivered to them correctly this time. Apologize on the companies’ behalf again. Then go through the return process with them. Before hanging up, be sure to ask them if there is anything else you can help them with. By following these steps, dealing with the angry customer can be fixed.
       The next part of your job while working for us will be to answer the office phone and reply back to e-mails. To ensure that you are using the phone and computer as tools to help our company, we will go over a few basic steps to make sure things go smoothly. For the telephone segment of your job, it is important to speak in a way that will calm the customer down. If we speak as if we are just as frustrated as they are, the customer’s anxiety will rise. When you have a customer that has high anxiety, it makes for a harder task completion. Do everyone a favor and speak easily. Remember to speak in a normal tone of voice and try to use easy vocabulary. Listen the customer and try to match their volume. If they are screaming of course, do not follow their tone hear. It is your goal to calm them down and fix their problem, not rale them up. Follow these steps to try and make a quick, successful telephone call.
  1. Understand the customer’s issue

2. Pose solutions to the issue

3. Discuss with the customer’s the best solution to their specific problem

4. Resolve the issue at hand
    if you’re in one of these situations and you cannot successfully fix the customers issue, and then you need to transfer them. To do this, there are steps to follow.

5. Explain to the customer why you need to transfer them

6. If they need to be on hold, check every 20-30 seconds to make sure they know you’re taking care of them

7. Do not transfer them to someone that will need the situation explained to them again

8. Always thank them for waiting

9. When talking on the phone, I found it useful to start smiling. This will transfer to the customer on the phone. If they feel like you are in a good mood, they will start to feel a little happier too.

10. Focus on the customer and their needs. If the customer starts to go off onto a tangent, zero him back on the topic that is on hand.

11. Do not interrupt the customer. It is very easy to make this mistake on the phone. Be patient with the customer and let him speak and say what he needs to say.

12. Moving right along to computer communication techniques, there are also specific rules to follow. When writing an e-mail, it is important to remember to keep it brief and only focus on one to two key points. If you start to write anymore, the reader may get confused and miss key information. Do not make your emails too short. There is a nice, pleasant way to keep things brief and also a rude way. Make sure to still introduce yourself and make the person who is reading it feel like the message is specifically for them. Use Mr., Mrs., and Ms. to address your emails and open them. Always make sure to close your email correctly. You can do this by using sincerely and best regards. Make sure your subject line tells exactly what you’re writing about. If you follow all these steps you will have a well-rounded email.

13. I try and make it easy to read. With that, try to write in short sentences so anybody is able to read your e-mails.

14. Always greet the person you are writing the e-mail to.

15. Remember to sign off. This means saying sincerely and then writing your name.

16. Trying and only discuss one to two topics in an e-mail. If you write anymore, the e-mail will become too bulky and hardtop read.
    As with any job, there is a certain mindset to stay in. It is very easy to get irritated with a customer on the phone who is acting unfair in any certain way. When working with customers, there are specific protocols you need to follow in order to guarantee a satisfied customer. Your specific field of customer service is telephone and computer communication. When you are employed in this field there are key points to touch on and remember.
    If you see a long future in customer service, you may sometimes need to further your education. Not every company requires you to do so. The businesses will usually state what the requirements are for one to be hired into the position. The requirements are more often than not strong communications abilities, good with technology, interpersonal relations, and great problem solving skills. The good news is that this does not require any further schooling than a high school diploma. When you get into a customer service career, it is important to uplift your team and be a team player.

You may come across some jobs that require you to further your academic career in business communications to require special licenses. This usually means passing a written exam. Employers usually provide the practice material to help you prepare for this exam. Some companies may bring you on as a trainee then have you eventually get the licenses to fulfill the job requirements. Once this happens, you will start to advance a lot in your career. The licenses may be for insurance or financial services.

Once again, welcome to your brand new career!

CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING MANUAL

As a customer service workers there are a few key things that are expected from you. The main one is that you will have to answer questions and solve problems, for this you need solid listening and communication skills, you need to be able to connect to the customer through different mediums. Your main jobs is to interact with me customers on behalf of the company, this includes providing information on products and services, collecting details on their complaints and help them solve them, and take orders and handle returns or refunds.

There are three main skill sets that are key for a customer service worker to have and develop, these are:

• Communication: Sensitive listening and speaking to accurately respond to questions and needs, being comfortable with communication medias, proper use of written and spoken styles in order to communicate clearly and accurately
  • Problem Solving: Being able to analyze problems, research answers and help implement solutions.
  • Customer Service: Handle questions and problems in a friendly and professional demeanor. Being patient, understanding, sympathetic, polite, create a positive relation and represent the company well to ensure good business.
    An employee who has all of these skill sets is someone profitable for he company and has a bigger chance of growth.

The best thing for any company is being able to maintain customers, and attract new ones. Unfortunately one of the main reasons why a customer might leave to go to the competitions is due to bad customer service. There are many ways through which we can enhance the customer impression and satisfaction that are very easy to do and take minimal extra effort.These are:

• Give them your full attention, this makes them feel like nothing is more important than them and their needs.
  • Handle questions or complaints effectively, give them a special and personalized treatment and attention.
  • Get to know them as well as you can in the short amount of time you have, try using their names, know the name of the city, what their immediate need is and why they need your help.
  • Give them a follow-up call or email to ensure that their problem has been solved.
    *Remember to talk about how this product will benefit them, how it will improve their live and why they need it, don’t talk about features.

To simplify, the best way to be an effective customer service worker is to do this three key things. Listen, give ful attention to the customer, hear all of their issues. Empathize, assure them you understand their issue and you want to help. Take charge, make them feel like you’re on their side, that it is not just their problem, but ours.

Despite all of the recommendations mentioned above, all of the tools and efforts of a customer service worker come down to how effectively we communicate, verbally and nonverbally. Through verbal communication we can make meaning understood through our word order and phrasing, and our word choice and meaning. In this type of communication it is best to speak with short words, the customer might be highly educated on some areas, but here you are the expert and should help them understand potential confusing concepts. Remember that some people may be hard of hearing, if they tilt their heads or ask repeatedly to repeat yourself, try speaking louder, if they back away you might be speaking too loud. Try to mimic the customers volume of voice.

In a nonverbal communication you can make attitude understood, to appear self assured, yet nonthreatening, warm and concerned. Have in mind that most of communication is not in what we say but how we say it. Present a calm and relaxed face, specially if the customer seems agitated, confused or angry. Always adjust your approach based on observing your customers
and understanding of the situation, try to use gentle open-handed gestures and never tower over your customers or lean into their personal space. When the customer is explaining their problems or concerns remember to use paralanguage to engage them, the sound will encourage them and make them feel heard. You must work towards a mutual understanding and ensure your interaction has a productive and satisfying end.

There might be times when you encounter an angry or agitated customers, this may be cause due to different reasons, such as, they might be extremely agitated from dealing with a defective product or service, or they might have been referred several times to different workers or departments, or sand order wasn’t delivered in time, or they were mistreated by one of your team members. The reasons can be endless, but the important thing is how we as customer service workers deal with the situation and try to defuse the person’s anger and reach a mutually beneficial solution. Some ways to do this are the following
*Listen to the explanation of the issue clearly, take ownership of the problem, turn the solution into a partnership
*You might need to take the issue to a higher level, specially if it could result on legal liability for the company.
*Offer apology, with sincere remorse for their inconvenience
*Don’t argue, don’t make excuses, don’t try to place the blame on the customer.
*Try to counter the depth of the customer’s disappointment and inconvenience with a sufficient level remediation.
*Give them power in a situation where they might be feeling powerless
*Provide a followup to ensure the customer remains satisfied.

Always keep in mind that in this line of work you will be dealing with all different types of languages, cultural backgrounds, age groups, genders and communication styles, so one must always be respectful and understanding of everyone’s differences. Because of those differences you will need to modify your method of interaction to communicate well with your different customers. Large part of the job is not to judge the matters of cultural differences or change them, but to accommodate them in a way that best serves the customer.

As a customer service workers there are a few key things that are expected from you. The main one is that you will have to answer questions and solve problems, for this you need sensitive listening and speaking skills, i.e give the customers your100% attention and be comfortable with every communication gadgets. Your main jobs is to interact with the customers on behalf of the company, this includes providing information on products and services, collecting details of their complaints and bringing resolution to them, and take orders and handle returns or refunds.

There are three main skill sets that are key for a customer service worker to have and develop, these are:

• Communication: Sensitive listening and speaking to accurately respond to questions and needs, being comfortable with communication medias, proper use of written and spoken styles in order to communicate clearly and accurately
  • Problem Solving: Being able to analyze problems, research answers and help implement solutions.
  • Customer Service: Handle questions and problems in a friendly and professional demeanor. Being patient, understanding, sympathetic, polite, create a positive relation and represent the company well to ensure good business.
    An employee who has all of these skill sets is someone profitable for he company and has a bigger chance of growth.

The best thing for any company is being able to maintain customers, and attract new ones. Unfortunately one of the main reasons why a customer might leave to go to the competitions is due to bad customer service. There are many ways through which we can enhance the customer impression and satisfaction that are very easy to do and take minimal extra effort.These are:

• Give them your full attention, this makes them feel like nothing is more important than them and their needs.
  • Handle questions or complaints effectively, give them a special and personalized treatment and attention.
  • Get to know them as well as you can in the short amount of time you have, try using their names, know the name of the city, what their immediate need is and why they need your help.
  • Give them a follow-up call or email to ensure that their problem has been solved.
    *Remember to talk about how this product will benefit them, how it will improve their live and why they need it, don’t talk about features.

To simplify, the best way to be an effective customer service worker is to do this three key things. Listen, give full attention to the customer, hear all of their issues. Empathize, assure them you understand their issue and you want to help. Take charge, make them feel like you’re on their side, that it is not just their problem, but yours too.

Despite all of the recommendations mentioned above, all of the tools and efforts of a customer service worker come down to how effectively we communicate, verbally and nonverbally. Through verbal communication we can make meaning understood through our word order and phrasing, and our choice of words. In this type of communication it is best to speak with short words, the customer might be highly educated on some areas, but here you are the expert and should help them understand potential confusing concepts. Remember that some people may be hard of hearing, if they tilt their heads or ask repeatedly to repeat yourself, try speaking louder, if they back away you might be speaking too loud. Try to mimic the customers volume of voice.

In a nonverbal communication you can make attitude understood, to appear self assured, yet nonthreatening, warm and concerned. Have in mind that most of communication is not in what we say but how we say it. Present a calm and relaxed face, specially if the customer seems agitated, confused or angry. Always adjust your approach based on observing your customers
and understanding of the situation, try to use gentle open-handed gestures and never tower over your customers or lean into their personal space. When the customer is explaining their problems or concerns remember to use paralanguage to engage them, the sound will encourage them and make them feel heard. You must work towards a mutual understanding and ensure your interaction has a productive and satisfying end.

There might be times when you encounter an angry or agitated customers, this may be cause due to different reasons, such as, they might be extremely agitated from dealing with a defective product or service, or they might have been referred several times to different workers or departments, or sand order wasn’t delivered in time, or they were mistreated by one of your team members. The reasons can be endless, but the important thing is how we as customer service workers deal with the situation and try to defuse the person’s anger and reach a mutually beneficial solution. Some ways to do this are the following
*Listen to the explanation of the issue clearly, take ownership of the problem, turn the solution into a partnership
*You might need to take the issue to a higher level, specially if it could result on legal liability for the company.
*Offer apology, with sincere remorse for their inconvenience
*Don’t argue, don’t make excuses, don’t try to place the blame on the customer.
*Try to counter the depth of the customer’s disappointment and inconvenience with a sufficient level remediation.
*Give them power in a situation where they might be feeling powerless
*Provide a followup to ensure the customer remains satisfied.

Always keep in mind that in this line of work you will pressurized but you have to remain calm and not allow the pressure gets to you.

CUSTOMER SERVICE MANUAL
ALLY PASCAL ANGEL C.E.O / CHAIRMAN / DIRECTOR .
LUX GROUP ( PHONE-MART NG , SUTWOL BEVERAGE , BAG OF MONEY MUSIC CORP )

customer service is the service you get when you meet professional customer mandated personnel who give you what you need to get services done in the right and efficient way . it is part of a major organization framework , and it is also a business development unit from which businesses can develop . we are going to look into the nitty gritty of customer service and how we can be efficient in this unit .

Marketing mix - also called the 4Ps of marketing is the foundation of every organization and customer service itself , what are these 4Ps

1. Product - this is what the organization offers , what are they about , why is it called this name , what do they do ? This is where the reason behind business comes about .
  2. Place - this is where they are located , you’ve heard about them , where are they? Where can I get to see them , this is where place comes in .
  3. Price - now you’ve seen them , how much are they willing to collect from you to give you their service . this is where price comes in .
  4. Promotion - now you’ve done the necessary business ethics of buying and selling , now for the company how do they ensure they are known , how do they ensure you come back ? This is where promotion comes in .

THE 4Cs OF MARKETING - we’ve discussed about the 4ps of marketing , now the 4cs of marketing , it’s almost the same thing with the 4ps of marketing the only difference is that the 4cs of marketing breaks it down to the barest level where you get to know the reason behind the 4ps .

1. Customer value (product) - this entails the reason behind creating the product , why are you doing it? Who will it help? Which life will it improve? Is it for the old or young ? What does it really do? Value is now the reason behind it , not just value , customer value , how much you value your customer to create such product .

2. Cost to the customer (price ) - now you’ve done the product , at what rate are you willing to give it out ? Will it favour you and them at a balanced rate? Who will it profit ?

3. Convenience for the buyer ( place ) - where is your product at , will it be convenient enough for your customers to get it ? Will it stress them , is it too far ? Too near? Walkable?

4. Communication ( promotion ) - how many people know about this product , does the world know? Does your country know ? Does your vicinity know? Do your friends and neighborhood know about this service you’re offering ?

Now we’ve known about that , let’s talk about some other aspect of customer service

• positions & targeting - what are you after when you offer this product , what customer ration are you after ? Office people? Casual people? Business people? Church people? Spiritual ? Party ? What part of the customer ratio are you after ?

*value proposition - what range of people are you after ? The rich the middle class the low class? Those earning $1M $50 $30 ? What range of customers are you after ?

• product dimension - how much will your product last ? Two weeks? Three weeks? A year? Six months?

• Demographic Segmentation - what sex is your product for ? The male the female? Both sexes?

*Brand value - youve done the product , selling , now , how can these customers trust the product you do ? Can they trust the production process? Will it still be the same way they got it when they got it the first time?

• market share - what part of the general market do you want to cover? 5% of the market? 10%? Or the entire market , how much of the general market do you want to take over?

Now to the phase of customer service

1. Listen - to be a effective customer service personnel you must listen and concentrate on what you’re been told
  2. Emphatic - show sign of empathy towards your listener as it makes you be involved and allow you connect to them very well
  3. Take charge - now you’ve listened , take charge and work for them so as they won’t feel left out .

How and why products affect customers
This is the reason behind them getting your product , why are they after the product .

1. Security - yes , some get it for security to feel secure and not feel accessible to threats from any angle
  2. Possession - customers enjoy the feeling they have a certain possession as it adds to their fulfillment and joy .
  3. Imitate others - some get it to actually feel like others e.g friends , mentor , groupie .
  4. Good health - some get items to be in good health , as health is important to everyone ,some get product to be in a good condition constantly
  5. Sex and romantic drives - yes for sex and romantic drives , some get products to offer them pleasure and satisfaction
  6. Curiosity - some get a certain product to know what’s it all about , as they do not know what it does , they get it to know what it does
  7. Beauty - some get it to enhance their beauty , from time to time beauty get items to enhance their beauty physically or mentally
  8. Play and relaxation - like our ps4 , we get it to relax and play , drinks , we get it to relax ,pizza , just to relax and enjoy life
  9. Feel important - some get the product to feel important , e.g iPhone x, we all know where ever you go with that is respect certainly , Benz , range rover all are items you can have to feel important
  10. Love - some get items to feel loved
  11. Avoid discomfort - some get items to avoid stress e.g washing machine , etc just to avoid stressing their selves.

The message tactics

1. The Straight self
  2. Educational
  3. Testimonial
  4. Humorous
  5. Dramatization
  6. Artistic
    THE REASON FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
  7. Openness
  8. Consciousness
  9. Neuroticism
  10. Situational factor
  11. Time
  12. Mood
  13. Reason for purchase
  14. Personal factor
  15. Gender
  16. Age
  17. Stage of life
  18. Lifestyle

Psychological factors for customer service
Motivation
Perception
Learning
Attitude
Societal factors
Culture
Family
Stages in consumer purchasing process

1. Need recognition
  2. Search for info
  3. Product evaluation
  4. Product choice and purchase
  5. Post purchase use and evaluation
  6. Disposal of product

The public in customer service
General public ,share holders , stake holders , board of directors , government , media , students , clients or customer , global target market , friends , allies , enemies , competitors

Significant segment in customer service
Demographic segment
Beneficial segment
Occasion segment
Usage level segment
Lifestyle segment
Position segment

Communication in customer service
Verbal communication makes our meaning understood . non-verbal communication makes our attitude understood.

How to prepare for a presentation in customer service
Know what you want to say and say it
Don’t be afraid to admit
Don’t be rushed into answering
Don’t use professional jargon
Always dress yourself
Do not read from notes
Hands out of pocket
Don’t shift your weight
Gesture with one hand

Golden model of customer service
Listen , emphasize , take charge

Tips to settle an upset customer
*show empathy for customer problem
Encourage on extremely agitated customer to vent a little
Don’t take a customers anger or insult personally
Remain objective and calm
Involve the customer
Provide clear options and step to a resolution
Exceed the customer expectations

The two golden rule of customer service
Find out what the customer want
Treat them how they want to be treated

What does work in a cross cultural communication
Babies , relationship , dogs and furry animals , sport , self-image , life cycle , water

What doesn’t work
Humor , sex , religion , nationalism.

Telephone communication is considered any type of voice to voice communication with or without component

Component of effective teamwork
The common vision
complimentary skills
Interpersonal bond

Process in team developments
Forming
Storming
Morning

Types of customer service
For retail we have
Sales agent
Cashiers
Information clerk
For management we have
Advertising
Promotion
Marketing
Public relationship specialist
Training and development
For community and social service we have
Health educators
Social and human service agent
Social workers

Thank you

The customer service workplace.
As a customer service worker, you will be required to answer questions and solve problems. So, you have to develop good listening skills and the ability to connect with customers through many forms of media.
As a customer service worker, you will be placed in any of the following categories;
1.Receptionist/front desk clerk
2.Salesperson
3.Insurance agent
4.Data entry/order clerk
5.Call center representative, among others.
Some of your duties will include, but not limited to;
6.Listening and responding to customers’ needs and concerns.
7.Provision of information about products and services.
8.Handling of returns and complaints.
9.Researching answers and solutions when needed.
You should be ready to give your customers your full attention and make them feel that at the moment, there is nothing more important to you than helping them. Futhermore, you should get to know your customer as well as you can within the constraints of the moment.
You should learn to listen, empathize, and take charge.
You should be able to use verbal and nonverbal means of communications so that your meaning and attitude understood respectively. Try to study your customers as quick as possible so that you can efectively use any of these communication modes.
The Customer Service Duties.
In your line of work, you will be meeting customers who might be extremely agitated because of dealing with a defective product or service, the customer being referred to other customer service worker before coming to you, a miscommunication of the company’s offer leading to turning away of an expectant customer, e.t.c. You should be able to listen to your customer’s explanation of the issue clearly, take ownership of the problem, and turn the problem into a partnership. Try to return your customer to a resonable state of satisfaction and be sure to provide a follow-up to ensure that your custermer remains satisfied.
Be sure not to get angry yourself, even if the customer starts to attack you as uncaring or incompetent. Rather, try to assure the customer that you hear their concern and you sincerely want to help them. Many customers are from different culrures and backgrounds were thwy have different norms and values. Try to be flexible and adaptable even if what you are doing might be against you own cultures. Let the customer’s needs and interests superceed yours. Find out what the customer wants and treat them how they want to be treated.
Customer Service Skillset.
Each person in your team brings something unique to the group, every member providing assets to be utilized and accommodated. So, learn to work with a group. The strength of a group does not depend on your similarities, but the combined contribution of each member’s differences. To be effective therefore, you should learn to bond together in common support of the company’s vision.
Finally, you should make good use of your free time by taking good care of yourself and improve your productivity. You know we cannot take unproductivity in ou company. Have a nice stay with the company.

The job of the customer service worker is to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide customer satisfaction. A good customer service strategy is to work with your customers as partners in the quick, smooth, and satisfactory completion of a transaction As a manager of a customer department hiring new workers, the key traits and skills I would watch out for would include; sensitive listening and speaking skills to accurately assess and respond to a customers’ questions and needs, problem solving skills to be able to analyze problems, research answers, and help customers implement solutions, Empathy and the communication appeals and tactics

Many of the situations that a customer service worker would handle will pose a certain degree of difficulty and providing satisfaction to a dissatisfied customer is of utmost priority. Effective communication and maintaining a positive mindset and attitude despite the insults and attitude of the customer is key. Also, a sincere apology can help alleviate a customer’s agitation and resolution to a customer’s problem should equal or exceed the customer’s loss. The golden model of customer service which is listen, empathize and take charge should be adhere to.

Moreso, the new employee should be comfortable interacting with people from a wide range of cultural and demographic backgrounds and as professionals they should set aside preconceived notions of “correct” behavior while respecting the cultural or demographic differences of the customers they serve.

In telephone and computer communication as well as teamwork effectiveness and personal development, our voice and the voice of our customers become the essential medium of communication. We should speak at a proper rate of speed and volume, with a tone that conveys commitment and competency assuring them that a solution to their problem is on its way. Writing for electronic media may necessarily be brief, yet must clearly and succinctly convey important detail while maintaining a cordial tone and the Internet is also a valuable tool for searching out answers to issues you may be working with, as well as developing your own career. More importantly, workers should beware of allowing negative emotions at the job place to affect their well-being; Creating time for relaxation and other activities can help a person rejuvenate and keep a healthy perspective on work and life.

Touching career and professional development it is difficult to predict with certainty the rapid technological innovations for decades to come, but we can be sure the workplace and requisite skills will be in constant flux. Yet, there are fundamental abilities that are certain to be essential now and in the future. These skills include the abilities to thrive in a global workplace, communicate across multiple cultures, manage diverse international teams, and employ communication technologies to coordinate networked teams in decentralized settings. Internships are a useful opportunity to develop your skills, demonstrate your abilities, develop key contacts, and try out a field to see if it fits. Also, International careers can be exciting and fulfilling. To appeal to international employers, develop valuable skills such as foreign language proficiency, cross cultural abilities, on-site country experience, and project management

Customer service success requires a high degree of interpersonal skills such as simple but enthusiastic presentation, advanced preparation of information, and sensitivity to the needs of others.

A Definition of Service:
How a business defines customer service shapes every customer
interaction. Limited definitions of service that only focus on revenue
growth miss the overall point of customer service. Instead, customer
service definitions should provide a clear direction for every representative
to address customer needs as much as possible and bring the vision of
an amazing customer experience to life. After all, a happy customer will
continue to be a buying—and returning—customer.
A great definition of service is:
• Easy to understand
• Customer-centric
• Authentic
A Clear Understanding of the Customer:
Customers, buyers, and clients want to feel valued and cared for. They
also need someone to understand their needs and answer their questions.
Therefore, great customer service starts with the ability to listen to the
customer and find out what they really need. Additionally, businesses
should identify and provide key pieces of customer information including:
• What motivates them to make a purchase/decision
• What are the details of their relationship/history with the company
• What they expect from the company
A Customer-Friendly Approach:
One commonality among all companies or organizations that provide
good service is the development of a system and attitude that promotes
customer-friendly service.
Two critical qualities to a “customer-friendly” approach are:
• Communication
• Relationships
No matter how a customer encounters your brand, soft skills are
essential for a successful customer service interaction.
Here are just 10 qualities of a top-notch customer service rep:
Active Listener: Understanding the customer’s problem correctly and
anticipating possible questions is the key to effective communication
and successful interactions.
Attentive: Being attentive to all of the details the customer shares
helps pinpoint the problem, avoid misunderstanding, and provide
the best solution.
Communicators: By working the front-lines of the company, it’s
important to communicate knowledge and information to customers—
clearly and concisely. Make it easy for customers to understand the
interaction whether its over the phone, on chat, or via email.
Confident: Confident customer service reps create a foundation of trust
and professionalism with customers.
Decision Maker: The ability to make a decision is extremely important.
By feeling confident in your role, you’ll also feel comfortable make hard
decisions for various customer needs and questions.
Empathetic: The ability to understand and share feelings of another
person is crucial for customer service reps. Showing empathy and
creating an emotional connection earns lifelong customers for
the company.
Flexible: Flexibility in thinking helps find the right way of
communication with every customer and deliver them a
personalized experience.
Positive: A positive and friendly attitude is the basis of a smooth
interaction where the customer is more likely to be satisfied with
the service.
Problem Solver: Customers won’t always diagnose their issues
correctly. A great rep takes the initiative to solve the issue at hand and
anticipate any future problems the customer may have and address it
during the current interaction.
Team Player: Being able to work for good of the entire customer service
team creates a positive and supportive environment. This will increase
rep morale, drive productivity, and result in great interactions.
The reality is, we prefer doing business with those we like and trust.
Impressions are key to developing trust and confidence in the customer.
• Thoughtfulness in meeting the customer’s needs
• Taking personal responsibility for a customer
• Quick problem-solving for the customer
• Offering immediate assistance
• Friendliness
• Using the customer’s name in a conversation
• Pleasant tone of voice
• Polite and courteous manners
• Genuine and thoughtful conversations
• Making the customer wait
• Not saying “please” and/or “thank you”
• Speaking loudly or condescendingly to customers or colleagues
• Making faces, frowning, acting distant, not smiling
• Looking disheveled or like you don’t care
• A poor handshake
• Focusing on another task while addressing a customer

Customer service is a very vital service in any institution be it service delivery or dealing with direct products. Customer service exuded by the employees can either make or break a company. In most cases, the customer care representatives are the first contact point of the institution to the customers as such, the overall institution will be judged by the new customer according to how the customer service is. Therefore, it is very important that the customer service representatives have the highest decorum when attending to diverse clients. Good customer service results to a satisfied customer for recommends other customers to the given institution which translates with more profits in the end and vice versa. though it may sound so flowery it is not all smooth sailing in this department. The customer service representatives are susceptible to drain both physically and emotionally due to the diversity of clientele involved as such it is very important to take breaks and also to get something to do outside the job environment in order to rejuvenate their energies. Nevertheless no matter the situation at hand, professionalism must be observed at all times. Thorough product knowledge and excellent problem solving skills are highly recommended in this field. Emotionally detaching yourself from negativity that surrounds your day to day dealings from customers means not taking it personal and understand that it might be just a bad day for the customer. Swift and effective problem solving mechanism and followups go a long way in retaining an aggrieved customer as such no complain nor criticism should be taken lightly or ignored. However it is a very exciting field to work in as you get lots of exposure and get to meet and interact with new people everyday which is replenishing on itself.

I am looking to hire new customer service representatives that create favorable impressions, understand customers’ needs and wants, and can communicate effectively through verbal and non-verbal communication. Favorable impressions must be implemented through effective communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills. Applicant must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to interact with customers based on their needs and wants, as well as effectively assisting them with their buying process. The ability to show sincerity through non-verbal communication is a must! Customers must know that they have your undivided attention while receiving assistance from our customer services representatives. Maintaining eye-contact and providing customer service with a smile is what we are about!

Welcome to the team, newly hired customer service representatives! It is important to me that you are all well-equipped on how to provide the best customer service to all our customers. However, not all our customers are the same, so as a customer service representative you must be able to recognize how to cater to our different types of customers and implement your techniques accordingly.
Many customers may be in a good or neutral mood and they will be easy to handle, if your match their attitude and energy. If a customer approaches you with an issue or is visibly upset, you need to know how to handle the situation appropriately as to not escalate the situation further. Use your best judgement when calling a manager to assist you with a situation. You should make your best effort to deescalate a situation yourself before reaching out to a manager. This shows that you are willing to take matters into your own hands, and this will better your chance for the customer to have confidence in you and our company with resolving the problem.
You also need to be prepared for customers who are extremely upset and need an opportunity to vent. As a customer service representative, you need to stay composed and let the customer express their emotions without interrupting or taking anything, they say personally. Let them know that you understand their frustrations and want to do all you can to find the best solution for them. They want to be reassured that someone else is on their team. You are the experts, and you will be able come up with a solution if you stay calm, and work with the customer.

Almost all the interactions you will have as a customer service representative with this company will be telephone/telephonic and computer communications. You will need to tune into other clues, besides facial expressions, to determine how a customer is feeling. The tone of voice you use with the customer over the phone should be calm, friendly and show concern for the customer’s needs. Additionally, the pace at which you speak should not be too fast or too slow, and match that of the customer’s pace of speech.
Transferring the customer to another department may be necessary but can also be rather frustrating to the customer. The best way to make the transition is to keep the customer informed of what is going on, tell them why the transfer is needed, and ask if they are okay with the transfer at this time. Communication across teams is very helpful when a transfer is needed. Instead of just cold transferring the customer, it would be more efficient to put the customer on hold and explain the situation to the representative with the new department. This will help to eliminate additional frustration from the customer having to explain their problem over and over.
You will also be communicating with customers via email on a day-to-day basis, so you must be able to convey complete messages without a need for on-going back-and-forth follow ups. You want the email to get to the point quickly, clearly, and without unnecessary clutter that tires the reader trying to untangle your message. The email should cover one or two critical topics or instructions. If you need to cover more than that, it may be better to write a separate message or possibly reach out to the customer over the phone.
Working well to create an effective team can sometimes be challenging but is very important. The three primary components of an effective team are a common vision, complementary team member skills, and bonding that holds the team together. If you can work for the best interests of the team, and help to resolve team problems and conflicts, it will help contribute to your own personal development within the company, and we will be more likely to consider you for any promotion opportunities.

In order to find a job in customer service and move your way up in the field, you need to apply yourself accordingly. The first step in applying for any job is to make sure you have a resume that reflects positively on your skill sets, and really showcases your background in the job field; in this case, customer service. More employers will be able to see your resume if you post it on multiple different employment boards. When applying to job postings, try to apply for as more positions than seems necessary. If you believe that your skill set is impressive enough, you should try applying to more than just entry level positions.
When interested in a position for a specific company, it is helpful to do a fair amount of research on the company itself, as well as the managers or well-placed contacts within the company. Even if there are currently no job openings within that company, establishing a relationship or connection within the company can help whenever a job opportunity does arise. A good way to determine if a job is a good match for you would to apply for an internship position. Internships allow you to learn and implement key skills in a low-stake position while making useful connections.
There are many online resources you can use to develop in your career in customer service. You can use certain sites like LinkedIn or Facebook to network in order to help employers find and recruit you for positions. Customer service success requires a high degree of interpersonal skills such as simple but enthusiastic presentation, advanced preparation or information, and sensitivity to the needs of others. As you network with jobseekers and colleagues in your networks, you may discover resources and helpful tips, as well as possibly sharing your own.

Customer relationship is the key to understanding consumer motivation. Without assessing customer relations, it’s difficult for a company to know how visible it is in terms of its client base. It’s also hard to figure out how to grow the company without understanding the relationships it has with current and potential customers. Customer Relationship Management explains the relationship between suppliers, technology, and customers, which together provide the link for customer support in a business environment. Managing relationships with customers have become a critical organizational competency. Get winning strategies for acquiring and retaining customers by leveraging the latest advanced technologies. Customer service involves working with a wide range of customers with varying needs and attitudes. It is your main duty to treat the customers with respect at all times, regardless of their way of responding to you. Customers are the individuals who decide whether or not our business rows.
It is, therefore, our duty to ensure that our customers’ needs are met. Customers at times become irate and as such become angry when a product or service was faulty. Even though customers may seem angry with you, they are not; so it is important that you do not take their frustrations personal, as they are referring to the business in general. Never shout or become angry with the customers, but try to show them empathy and try understanding the problem from their point of view. Customers are able to interpret your verbal and nonverbal communication and gestures; as such, you should try to remain focused and professional at all times. If a customer calls in and you are unable to hear anything if a procedure was given to handle calls like these, ensure that you follow the procedure. Customer service representatives should possess the skill of multitasking; as most times while handling a call, they will be required to write up a ticket which contains relevant information about the customers and also to recall procedures that they have not yet fully grasp. Once you have dealt with a customer and you were able to solve their situation, you are then entitled to close their ticket and give a report of how you handled the situation.
The key to exceptional service lies in building relationships with people; staff and customers. The customer service workers are internal customers while the clients are external customers. The lifeline of any business depends largely upon the relationship between these two types of customers. By understanding and focusing on the needs of their staff and the needs of customers, businesses create mutually beneficial relationships. Without the support and best efforts of its employees and the loyalty of their customers, businesses often fail.
Customer Service Workers often interact with many different people across the divide. In some other situations, the customers might be angry or upset because of a defective item, working under pressure, deadlines and or even personal issues. As in ICT Support, the commonly encountered issues are;-

1. Computer/Laptop and or other devices not powering on (booting problems).
  2. Networking problems
  3. Internet login issues
  4. General user support.
    The above list is not conclusive, as a Customer Support Worker, you might get many issues some of which might even be more out of line. For efficient and effective service delivery, the customer support should up hold the following tactics;-
  5. Find out what the customer want.
  6. Treat them how they want to be treated.
  7. Listen to them
  8. Empathize we with them
  9. Partner with them
  10. Take control of the situation.
    As a customer service worker, you will be required to answer questions and solve problems. So, you have to develop good listening skills and the ability to connect with customers through many forms of media.