CUST105: Unit 1 Discussion

1. I would like to work in a customer service job . I would definitely prefer to not be face -to-face with the customer , preferably remote customer service center.

2. Getting the proper business casual attire to follow company dress code policies. This job is different than what I am use to , so it required a few extra steps into obedience, and following instructions. Every first impression should include , a beautiful smile , a warm welcome and eye contact.

3. Whatever the customer is dissatisfied with is what I would like to work on. I love a challenge and the end result of completion because I will do what ever it takes to get a situation done.

1. I prefer to work from a remote customer service center. I don’t really have a preferred industry but I currently work for an auction house and it is very interesting.
    2.well I used to work for DD’s Discount and I was face to face with customers all day. unfortunately, many people would get upset over pricing. I would explain to them why I could not do anything about the pricing but I would also approach them in a personal level so that they may feel my empathy.
    3.i hope for politeness and attention. yes they do match.
  1. I’ve worked both face-to-face and remote customer service jobs, and I would have to say working face-to-face is more pleasant. It’s easier to show sincerity to customers with non-verbal communication like your facial expressions and body language. I like my current job in the automotive industry.

2. A colleague needed my assistance adding an arrow on a screenshot image to send to a client. Instead of just adding the arrow, I assisted him with using another program on his computer that helped make the process of taking and editing screenshots much easier.

3. I hope that my customer service providers would listen to me, sound confident that they know how to assist me with my needs, and can reassure me that any problems I experience will get resolved. This has been covered pretty well in the unit.

1.I would like to work at a remote customer service center in Europe. Especially in the education or tourism industry.

(1) I like the aviation sector,i did a professional course on ticketing and reservation
(2) I and my finacee are into a small business,we sell green coffee beans for weight loss,a new customer calls she wanted to buy our product,i told her the price and benefit of the coffee beans,i also do the delivery,the next day i went to deliver her order,so getting there i went to the wrong house which was 2metres from her house,i retraced my steps and saw her waiting outside,she started yelling at me,i kept calm and quiet,after she was done,she wanted to pay but didn’t have enough money at hand.first of all i don’t know her personally,she wanted my product but was going to pay the next day via transfer.i was confused but my instinct believed she wasn’t going to disappoint,so i gave her my product and left without money.i got home and my fiancee wanted to kill me for giving the product without collecting cash,she yelled that why will i trust the words of a new customer i just met,what if she doesn’t transfer the money the next day.trusting her paid off she transferred the balance the next day.
(3)As a customer all i want is a helpful and polite service also treated with respect.

1)- I would like to be a customer service trainer. I like the face-to-face rather than the remote customer service center because the non-verbal communication helps too much in the transmission of the message. I would like to work in a forming center or specialized school.

2)- the story happened once upon a time, I was security guard in a mall, one customer came to me and asked me for a direction, but his question was very vague, then I tried to understand more about his destination, but he got angry, he thought that I was asking for his privacy. He started shouting, then I kept silent until he finished, then I told him that I need only an extra detail to give you the right direction, so he apologized and he explained me why he got angry.
The thing which I learned is sometimes peoples are in front of you, and speaking with you, but their minds are somewhere else, so keeping calm and using feelings instead of judgment can help to handle a crisis situation.

3)- as a customer I wouldn’t like to be treated as an exception, I would like to be as everybody. The CSWs need to be only themselves, and treat everyone professionally.

1. What sort of customer service job might you like to find?
    One that i work in the front office
    Would you prefer working in a face-to-face situation, or through a remote customer service center?
    I would prefer working in a face-to-face situation.
    What industry would you like to work in?
    Service industry
  2. Describe an interaction you’ve been involved with - either personal or professional. What steps did you take to make a favorable impression?
    I have worked in front office for seven years and i interact with customers face to face on both personal and professional level
    How might you use the lessons from this unit to make even better impressions?
    All the lessons in this unit will highly assist me in making even better impressions on the customers. I now understand that both my verbal and non verbal communications play a key role on the message i am passing on to the customer
  3. As a customer, what needs and wants do you hope to have fulfilled by customer service providers?
    I want to complete a transaction as quickly as possible minimizing the amount of time and energy it takes to serve a need or resolve a problem
    Do they match those covered in this unit?
    Yes.
  1. If I could have my choice of customer service jobs I would prefer to work in a remote customer service center, and in a department that didn’t provide tech support. I haven’t had any experience in tech support, so my knowledge in the subject would be severely lacking. The reason I would prefer to work a remote customer service is that I have had poor experiences with face-to-face customer service in the past and would prefer to attempt something new.
  2. When I was 19 I got a job at a large retail venue that specialized in media and entertainment. While working there I met a variety of people. One of the most memorable for me, though, was a deaf man who came in every Wednesday. He and his care taker would come search for movies with striking visuals or potent color palettes, so that the deaf man would enjoy them as much as his caretaker. The deaf man was very shy, and his caretaker would watch from the background any time he interacted with an employee. When he came up in line I smiled at him and started to apologize for the wait and ask how I could help him, but he put a finger to his lips, waiting for me to stop moving my mouth. He then gestured to his ears and made an x with his arms. It took me a moment to realize what he meant, but when I understood it I nodded. After a moment of thought, I knew just how to help him communicate. I ran about a foot of blank receipt paper out of my kiosk’s printer, ripped it off, then wrote “Can you write?” on it. The man visibly perked up and gestured for the pen. He wrote a movie description on the page, which I didn’t immediately recognize. After some time on Google and Google Images, we determined the title of the movie. I ran it through the inventory directory and was relieved. We did indeed have a copy. I made eye contact with him, grinned and nodded. I wrote down the genre information and the barcode number, then led him to the correct aisle. He and I found the movie after a few minutes, and I led him back to my till in the front. Check out was a breeze, and he was ready to go. The deaf man smiled, holding out his hand for a handshake, which I accepted. On the way out the door his caretaker thanked me for being polite, even though the man couldn’t hear me or read lips. It was one of the highlights of my time there. The only thing I wish I could change is the materials I kept on hand. After that first interaction I tried to remember to keep a notebook in my pocket, so I could help others with similar disabilities.
  3. As a customer, I prefer to frequent stores where the staff will ask if they can help once, then leave me to my own devices. I rather dislike the feeling that someone’s staring over my shoulder. It’s why I prefer places like Walmart at 3 am. If I need help I can actively seek out an associate. Otherwise, I like my space. It is annoying, though, when it seems like the staff has disappeared from the sales floor or the help desks. I guess as a customer, I prefer to have as little interaction as possible, something that clashes greatly with what I perceived in the unit. It seems to be against the notion of customer independence, or that the customer doesn’t need to be babysat. I suspect that the hands-on approach is an attempt to keep customers from feeling neglected, but in my experience it is typically much too heavy handed.
  1. i will like to work as customer service personnel in an outsourcing company . i will prefer a face to face situation than a remote service center.

2. i remember an interaction with a client who complained about delayed visa applications . i simply took her though a step by step verification and tracking of her application at the end of it all i was able to prove to her that her application was been delayed due to clusters of application at the consular.

3. as a customer i want to be convinced that my needs are important to the company and that am been considered as important.

1. I love helping customers. I am not currently looking for a job, I love to work remotely. I prepared the Customer Care Department for our Startup. I used many online tools so I can use the services anywhere in the world. I started using TalkDesk but later on I configured a Phone system with FreePBX and Vitatlity using Yealink phones. We used to work with ZenDesk, but we develop our own solution and we use it for the follow up now. We rely on Slack but we are thinking on changing it to Discord since the service seems to be better. We use all the collaborative tools of Google Drive too. We have several numbers in different countries and I control all of them from one place. If I am out of my “office” I receive any call in my skype account. Once I have mentioned this, I love face-to-face customer service, I have worked on Real Estates and Financial institutions in some countries. But mobility is really important for me and my wife. So I cannot think of becoming slave of a city/country.

2. I have been solving issues for a long time now, I remember one time, when a customer from one of our apps had an issue and I couldn’t help him on the phone so I drive one hour to his house in order to explain him how to solve the issue. He was really happy with us and referred us with all his friends. Usually the interaction with my customers is always very good, I try to solve any issue quickly and explain the customer in the most simple way possible.

3. As a customer I am really easy going, but I know exactly what I want to receive from each service. If it is a personal service I check if the person knows the details on the product, if they don’t I know their products I simply leave the place with a nice thank you and try to remember never coming back to that store.

If I receive a bad service and it is a company that I have been using for years I understand sometimes people have bad days, but if it happens twice, I look for another product/service or substitute, and try it.

Many times, there are some products that you cannot be choosen, such as Uber/Lyft/DiDi, depending where in the world you are, so you just have to live with your dissatisfaction. When having a bad experience I try to let anyone in my network know about it, telling them why they should be aware of this problem. I remember the worst time, when the food at a restaurant wasn’t fresh, it was the first time in that town and it had good reviews, the owner came to our table and told my wife: “Why do you come here if you don’t like the food?”. I was just shocked, I wanted to think she was joking, but she wasn’t. It is needless to say we both wrote the review on google maps so the people know how this restaurant was handling the business. On another time, on another place, after writing the review on TripAdvisor or Google Maps, the people from the Hotel called us angry and told us to change the review! I think this is the worst thing you can ask from a customer! Probably your customer will just change the review to add the fact that you call them angry because of your review.

So there are a lot of ways of improving a bad review online. Sometimes you will have bad reviews, but if you improve your processes in order to avoid the root of the problem, then you will be able to talk with your customer, let them know that you are truly sorry and that you are working by doing X,Y,Z to avoid similar situations in the future and you promise to be there if any other issue comes. The customer will value your company a lot more if you take the proper steps in solving an issue. :smile:

1. I would like to work as a customer care representative in a telecommunication firm, and will prefer a face to face mode of working as a CSW, because my meanings and attitude will b understood better.

2. I could remember an even where a customer requested for a refund of a goods ordered for. I helped her through the processes and ensured a quick return and refund.
    With the knowledge gathered in this unit one, retaining customers will b my utmost priority, I will listen make use of the key phrase of customer service. Which is listen, empathize and take change.

3. As a customer, timing will be me utmost concern also. I would like to have my issues resolved quickly and also friendly.

1. I’d prefer working in a face to face situation. And I would love to work in a airport, where I get to see and interact with people from different race and culture.
  2. There was a time a customer called in to inquire about our insurance policies, he only had a minute to talk because he was busy, and a minute was too short to tell him about our services. He ended the call. If only I was able to persuade him to fix an appointment or perhaps call him at a more convenient time.
  3. As a customer I would want a polite and helpful interactions.someone with empathy, and a warm reception.

1.Any job is good as long as i am helping the customer rather its face to face or over the phone.
2. When i was working for a call center. This lady had ordered and item from us and it arrived broken, she was very upset since has ordered from us for years and always had good thing to say about our products. I listened to her, apologized and had another item sent to her overnight and a $10 gift certificate on her next purchase she was very happy when the conversation was over.
3. I expect customer service reps to be patient understanding friendly and enjoy working with people. Yes they match those covered in this unit.

1.I work in an tourist information office.I provide information both by phone and face to face.
2.I always stand up and greet customers with a smile as they walk in.I introduce myself.I try to answer their question and if I don’t know the answer i look up and follow up with them.
3.as a customer, I like the providers to be patients and polite.

1.Face top face is better because it promotes communication between individual and meet the needs of people and is keen to support customer service and its important role in interacting with people is and effective and efficient manner.
2.I was going to try to return something at a store and the employee was not very happy he was having a bad day and he wouldn’t return our item so instead of making a bigger problem so we told him to call his manager and then everything was fine. If you see a employee not very happy just work with him and try to make him laugh or something like that.
3. A smile, figure out solutions, tell me about the store is what I would want from an employee. Also yes it matches what I learnt from this listen.

1. would love to work for institution that offer social services or relatively. Also I prefer face to face work space, it resonates with me more, I can also do well in a remote work circumstances if need be.
  2. Sometimes ago, was working with my team, we hard this long list of customers contact to reach out to, I remember going extra mile to contact each person on my list individually and also sent reminders, few weeks later during festive season I sent in wish along too, this not only motivated them to show up for the event, among all my teammates I had 95 percent positive response from my clients.
  3. Finally as a customer, I really appreciate full recognition, to be treated politely and empathy from customer service representative is another thing I really appreciate as a customer.
  1. I’ll like to find a receptionist, front desk clerk or a call center representative job. I would also prefer a face to face situation and would like to work in a medical facility, financial institution or a telecommunication company.

2. I once worked with a microfinance bank as a front desk clerk, then a client came in with a complaint of her inability to access our loan package after banking with us for sometime. I apologized for the inconvenience and helped her solve the complaint… I’ve learnt new things from this unit and hope to apply them to make a better impression by focusing on the needs of the customer using the important skill sets which includes communication skillsets, problem solving skillsets and customer service skillsets.

3. As a customer, the service providers need to understand my needs and provide me with clear information. I also need them to be polite and give me proper attention.

1. What sort of customer service job might you like to find? Would you prefer working in a face-to-face situation, or through a remote customer service center? What industry would you like to work in? Front Desk/ Receptionist and would prefer to work face to face with customers. The Gym industry is a place that I love to work. Many members on a daily bases that will allow me to have several different customer service issues.
  2. Describe an interaction you’ve been involved with - either personal or professional. What steps did you take to make a favorable impression? How might you use the lessons from this unit to make even better impressions? In my place of employment I am forward facing with customer service daily. Customer Service in regards to member accounts, a common issue is billing declines and our system assessing a late fee. We are only able to waive late fee’s for declined by the bank and not insufficient funds which is majority of declines. Properly letting the member know that we are able to waive a fee waiver for specific reasons and helping find a solution with the member in front.
  3. As a customer, what needs and wants do you hope to have fulfilled by customer service providers? Do they match those covered in this unit? Hospitality, if I walk into a store and I am not greeted by someone who works there, even if I need something from that store I will leave. I can find another store that has the same product who shows care about their customers. Customers choose daily where they shop, yes for convenience but they also return due to the service we receive.

1-I would love to work in the Banking industry and would prefer a face to face situation as it will enable me interact properly and understand customers closely.
2- I worked in a fashion house for a year and we once had this angry customer who was not satisfied about the Service we had offered her. I let her air her mind and reassured her that we were going to rectify the situation before the end of the day. And we did meet up with her expectations afterwards.
3- As a customer, my utmost need would be prompt response and attention and ability to resolve an issue on time.

I currently work with the customer service department of a bank, and I must say; I’ve had a bitter sweet experience so far…As a face-to-face customer service worker, I have had the opportunity of meeting different people from various backgrounds. The truth is, humans are quite complex and sometimes difficult to analyse, but I’m still implementing and practicing my CSW skillet on customers to see how much of a positive and effective difference I can make.