- When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? What might you do differently based on this unit’s readings?
- When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? What might you add to those based on this unit’s readings?
- What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? What tips from this unit might help you do it better?
- Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest?
Smiling - customers can sense this - customers can feel your emotions through your words - this will allow the customer to feel that you care
When you are communicating on the computer- keep your emotions and opinions out of it - as not everyone will read them they way you are feeling them. Be clear and concise - dont over analyse or use excessive words.
For time management I like to make check lists - ensure that I am staying on task at reaching my end goal - if you confirm the goal with the customer - document that goal so you can always refer back and make sure you are moving in the right direction.
I have worked on a few team projects over the years. Team projects can be hard to do. If they are forced projects then the work environment can be hard. You can have some people wanting to do all of it - and not let you do anything and others that dont want to do any of it and are just along because they are told they have to do it.
- When talking on the phone, I have learned it is hard for me to be on the phone and trying to do many things at the same time. I have also it is okay to ask questions to verify information, I will start to listen better, ask questions, and not jump ahead and assume what the call is about.
2)When communicating over the computers i will read all the message and not just skim the message.
3)Managing my time i will include pausing to collect my thoughts, be more focused and accomplish more.
4)My team skills are not there. I can participate better than being a leader. The last team project was a family project and i ended finishing it all by myself.
When talking on phone, I have learnt to talk slowly, possibly according to the level of the speaker and use words to show that I am listening to him/her.
While communicating over computer, I try to be as brief and clear as possible as well as use courtesy words to start and end the writing.
I make a to do list based on the importance of activities. I work on the most important once when I am very fresh and relaxed.
While working in team, I appreciate the contribution of every member and make them feel that the role of everyone is as important as that of the supervisor in the success of the team.
- When talking on the telephone, identify the customer’s problem by focusing on specific words and tone in their voice. Decrease the customers anxiety and dissatisfaction by using a tone of voice to connect with them.
- When communicating over the computer, construct message that is concise yet comprehensive. Simply brief and straight to the point. Use template copy to avoid ambiguities and unnecessary spelling and grammatical errors and use descriptive subject headings.
- The most effective way of managing my time is by listing my tasks according to priority. Work on specific timelines to avoid deadline pressures. I could use and apply the after work relaxation techniques “time for myself”.
- Yes, I have worked on a team project before. At first it was a bit tricky because there were no clear assignment of tasks and responsibilities, it took longer to complete the overall project.
- I have found that the appropriate tone of voice and right word selection is useful. A calm and friendly voice is also useful.
I tend to be a little careless with my choice of words most especially since i can’t see who i am speaking with and therefore not afraid of any physical reprisal. I would done differently based on this unit’s reading.
- I have never communicated over the computer because the need have never arisen yet. But when i eventually do, i will like to be natural, use gestures and a calm voice.
- I manage my time by engaging in volunteering spiritual work, learning new things like this online customer service skill and farming. I would like to take atleast 30minutes break each day from work and have some rest for maximum productivity.
- I worked on sweet potato peeling machine during my final year project in the university with one other person. It was a success since we both were awarded with an “A” after that. I will suggest that non should be overlooked in a team since everyone is important in his or her own little way.
When talking on the telephone, one should speak clearly with a calm and friendly tone of voice to convey warmth and concern that will make the customer have confidence in the CSW. Also apologize for delays or inconvenience caused.
When communicating over the computer, the message should be brief, and straight to the point, yet it must clearly convey important detail while maintaining a cordial tone. Secondly, to avoid typo errors and miscommunication, the CSW needs to pause for a little time to cross check the message before sending or posting.
3 Some of my methods of time management includes good planning for work, projects and other personal activities. I prioritize activities to enhance productivity. I also make some time to relax, revitalize and live healthy.
4 I have worked on a teams on the job, school projects and others. They were all great experiences especially with the opportunity to learn from other viewpoints.
It important we learn to accommodate each other, play our roles effectively, be objective and open minded.
When I answer the phone at work as a receptionist I like to speak in a friendly, upbeat voice. I provide my name. Instead of putting them on hold and paging the department they need and and waiting five minutes before it rings back to my desk I should start checking every thirty seconds to see if they are still on hold.
When emailing other companies for accounts payable and receivable I have found that being direct and to the point helps. We are all busy and taking time out to send long emails can be stressful.
When I leave my office at 5 PM I try to leave all my work worries at the office. I go home to my family. I spend time with my daughter and help with school work. I play with my two dogs. We eat dinner and then have time to cuddle and watch TV before bed.
Working on a team is stressful but as long as you keep a open mind and do your part it can work out.
When talking on the telephone I find that mimicking my customer is the way to get my service go through because if I do not imitate him or her, there will not be any effective communication. Keeping one’s comfort and emotion is very counted because how one feels can affect how one will talk so thus we see how crucial is it to keep a good and normal temper when speaking through telephone.
And so far, I do believe that the mentioned above tips are also helpful when communicating over computers because how we feel can make us write what we did mean. Therefore, we must be precise and concise where sending a Business Message.
Time is as valuable as money, therefore we can understand how it is important to us in order to well manage our time. My advice to my peers is that we must always save the best for the more necessary. In order words, I mean to not confuse between the important and the urgent because something can urgent with being important. CSWs must always check their daily journal or working agenda in order to finally make good decisions.
Working on a team? I have experienced this in my life day after day. Team working is such an interesting point to debate on. In my family, I am the team leader. As a team leader, I know that I must listen to my partners and share their views. In team work, what I believe can help us be successful in our careers are: critical thinking, problems solving and decisions making skills.
- Since I have no visualization of the person I’m talking to on the phone, I would carefully choose words and tone of voice. Ideally I would try to match the volume, rate of speech to that corresponding well to the person on the other side of cord. And, of course, smile - is a very good tip.
- When communicating over a computer, I find useful choosing the succinct sentences clearly describing the point. Yet the style of a letter should be cordial. The template is very helpful here.
- I try to find a short time period - 10 minutes in every 2-3 hours during my working day to relax, to take a break and have a cup of coffee or better fresh. The tip about setting all the work problems aside when leaving in the end of the day is a great one.
- I worked on a team project at my job. We had to prepare the data on the sales divided between different suppliers and product. The project should have been done within a stiff time limits - for 2 hours or so. It was the end of a working day. Everybody felt tired. Nevertheless, we acted as a team, helping each other with a data and finally finished the project on time.
1.When talking on the phone I usually plan ahead and write down what I want to say. I number each point and cross them off as I go. This helps me to remember the important reasons for the phone call and not to miss anything. There are specific questions I would like answers to and I find this approach helpful.
I think the unit helps to define objectives and solutions while talking on the phone. I try to lead the conversation to solutions and have the person give me definitive answers instead of “I don’t know”.
2.When communicating over the computer, I write a draft and read over it carefully. I look for better ways to communicate my thoughts and sentence structure. I try not to be too wordy but more concise.
Based on the unit’s readings, it’s good practice to be as clear as possible and not to appear rude or terse with too short of a response. Since the receiver cannot see me, they can only determine my emotional state by the words I use.
3.It’s very important to me to make the best use of my time and I do struggle with time management. I’m still learning. I do make notes and calendar appointments. Time management tips would be to rest when I am tired, plan out my goals and create time for relaxation so I can be rejuvenated.
- With team projects, everyone must know what are their tasks. By knowing this, the team members can plan out their tasks. I would suggest making sure that the person is able to carry out their task and know how to do the job.
1.When talking on the telephone, what techniques have you found useful? What might you do differently based on this unit’s readings?
I found over years is best to listen. Listen for key words so if they are not sure what they are talking about you already know what to lead them to. Also I have learned to jot down notes to touch back with to make sure you are handling everything needed. Also great to make sure your notes on accounts are fully updated so if someone else needs to step in or take over they are up to date also.
- When communicating over the computer, what tactics have you found useful? What might you add to those based on this unit’s readings?
Make sure to keep all contacts of speaking so you know you have everything they have discussed with you. Also make sure to watch your slang and to fully finish any emails because you don’t want to confuse anyone plus online you can’t tell emotions or sarcasm. So make sure it is professional and understandable.
What are your own most effective ways of managing your time? What tips from this unit might help you do it better?
Remove distractions while on a dead line. Also make lists on which things to do based on importance. Make sure that I am watching the time and not wasting time on things that are not more urgent.
Have you ever worked on a team project, either at work, on the job, or just a family task? How did it go? What might you suggest?
At previous jobs I have worked on group projects such as bake sales, charity events, and special events coordination. I have also worked another job as an assistant to a photographer where it was nothing but group work and effort. All times worked out well. I always suggest to listen to everyone’s ideas with out cutting them off instant to avoid hurt feelings. Also make sure all parts are divided out evenly and that one is not stuck with all the work. The less stressed out everyone is the better. Also the biggest part is communication. Make sure everyone is open to communication or things may be left out.
- i will listen carefully , be alert , show empathy , never interrupt my customer speak unless i have to explain misunderstanding , i will use friendly tone and smile so my customer realize that i care about his \her concerns finally i will find solutions .
- my message should be short , clear ,and straight to the point . i will make sure to use descriptive subject headings . its better to use a template copy and adjust it according to my needs . reading my message before sending it or ask my coworker or supvisor to do so . my message endings should be clear and simple .
- before i sleep i write a list of what i have to do , once i wake up , the first thing i have to do at the morning is accomplish my first task , thats how i keep my self motivated all the day to accomplish tasks on my list .
- with my siblings and at work . the only way to accomplish the expected goal is by distributing and identifying each member duty and job .
during a phone conversation, I have learnt not to only talk in a tempo that best suits the customer. This is so because it affords the customer to tag along. One other thing is to smile. Even if the customer doesn’t see it, the gesture robs on the conversation
when using the computer, one should learn not to infuse his opinions and thoughts into it. This could be detrimental as it’ll mean fashioning the customers thought
time management is vital. As such, making list of things that are more in priority will be great in management
I have worked with a team of Corp members in making sure we publish a book. It went well. I realized that a project succeeds when a great team leader exist.
1.The main tactic I use is smiling. It may sound strange but you can hear a person smiling. Even if you are having a bad day as an advisor, a smile can change the tone of you voice and make it a more positive experience for the Customer.
When communicating via chat I normally stay to the point. My initial greeting is cheerful and polite. I learn the issue and assure the Customer it will be resolved and get to work.
I always schedule call backs and email check in. I set a time to do them and if I have down time i finish them a bit early so I have more “free time” giving me more flexibility.
Team projects generally go well with me. I’ll step back and let someone else lead as I’m great at following direction and finishing tasks quickly.
.- The use of the tone of voice and the careful selection of words to communicate with someone. We should use a calm and friendly voice to convey the heat.
.- When communicating on the computer, we must keep our emotions and our opinions at bay, because not everyone will read them as we feel them. Be clear and concise - do not over-analyze or use excessive words.
.- The most effective way to manage my time is to determine my tasks by priority. Work on specific deadlines to avoid constraints.
.- Yes, once I worked on a team project with colleagues. At first it was a bit difficult because there was no clear assignment of certain duties and responsibilities, it took a long time to complete the project.
- When talking on the phone, it’s useful to smile and express friendliness and positive emotions. Also, using customer’s name should be beneficial, as it make them feel less stressed. I will listen to customers more attentively and won’t interrupt them even if I know what they want to say.
- For computer communication, it’s important to be brief and clear in order to save time and avoid misunderstandings.
- I am not so good in managing my time, but I will use this unit’s information. The best tip to use time effectively is try to prioritize tasks and goals, as some tasks can be not so important. Therefore, you shouldn’t spend much time and efforts on unimportant things. Moreover, sometimes we tend to do unimportant things when we know that we have to do something really vital but intimidating for us. So, it’s important to recognize this condition and avoid procrastination.
- Sometimes working in a team can be stressful, when team members try to do everything as they see without considering other people’ opinions. Therefore, the team will the most prodactive if members of this team will treat others with respect, and ask for colleagues’ opinions and views .
Well, the best for me that have been applying so far is making a little jokes in between our conversations,with that he/she will feel more relaxed and will not want to vent his or her anger anymore.
The first time i did that communicating over the computer,it nearly put me into trouble because i havent written it before and i saw myself writing off key.But today,i thank my boss for putting me thru and now i write like a PRO…
I usually do my to do list before leaving home because with that it helps me a whole lot in achieving my aims for the day and i make sure i fit in all the activities so that none will be left out,so that i dont have to continue with it the next day…
Presently,dont really like the team member am working with,because none is ready to help you in terms of anything.All they do is steal your ideas and put into theirs…
When talking on the telephone, first introduce my self and the company or organization I’m working for then provide the assistance. Also smiling give the positive perception.
When you are communicating on the computer, we have to:
- Keep your emotions and opinions out of it - as not everyone will read them they way you are feeling them.
Be clear and concise
I have to make a plan or checklist for each action and time will take.
Working in team require the contribution of every member because of different background and skills and make them feel that the role of everyone is as important for better outcomes or achievements.
Some of the telephone techniques that a customer service employee should follow when dealing with telephone contact with customers.
it is essential we use tone of voice and care full word selection to connect with customers.
speak clearly and normal volume.with short words and sentences so as not to overwhelm the potentially frustrated and anxious customer.
think of a standard rate of speech as about 140 words per minutes or approximately 4 syllables per second.
-able to quickly discern the customers issue,describe the options,pick a suitable resolution with the customers participation.