CUST105: Unit 4 Discussion

1.ability to adapt to different role and work with different people
2.relax, feeling comfortable and collecting information about the company
3.Facebook but I’ve never used it for work

1-Social networks have been a great tool in my job search, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn precisely. Everybody is going digital and a lot of information are mad readily available online
2-first off, to research the company, it’s core mission and value. Possibly utilize my network properly and prepare answer to most asked interview questions
3- I am active on LinkedIn and Twitter. They give me the opportunity to interact with like minded individuals and improve professionally.

1. What resources have you used for finding past employment, or might you use for finding future positions? Why did/would you choose those particular resources? I have looked at Indeed.com and LinkedIn. Indeed allows me to search for jobs by position that most relates to my employment background.

2. What steps would be most beneficial in preparing for a job interview? Research the company, know of any trends and history. Update Resume with summary information and how it relates to the company and position you are applying for.

3. In what social networks have you participated? How might you use those networks for advancing your employment and professional growth opportunities? LinkedIn, and Facebook. They give me opportunity to connect with people who may have the same background and companies/ positions that I am interested in pop up on timeline.

1. I would use online resources for finding employment. I have researched on indeed.com and seen many job opportunities.
  2. In preparing for a job interview I would need to learn about the company and the kind of training they do if I need to learn the skills.
  3. I use Facebook and instagram everyday. People are always on there selling things for companies .
  1. What resources have you used for finding past employment, or might you use for finding future positions? Why did/would you choose those particular resources?
    I have used social networks in finding my past employments like LinkedIn and whats-app, social networks help to find out the details of the job being advertised, guidance on what steps to take to get the job. i have used local newspapers because they have a wide range of jobs advertised .
  2. What steps would be most beneficial in preparing for a job interview?
    First thing to do in the preparation of the interview are:-
  • Getting enough information about the organisation that has advertised and the activities it does.
  • Get to know the vision and the mission of the organisation and its objectives
  • Understand the advert, analyze it to know exactly what they need form the candidate.
  • identify the advantages and strength you own towards the job
  1. In what social networks have you participated? How might you use those networks for advancing your employment and professional growth opportunities?
    I have participated in linked in and twitter to network and expand my connections. i have used these networks to upgrade my career, professional growth and employment opportunities . i discuss with various professionals and always challenged by the experts on those platforms.
  1. I have used Indeed.com and linkedin.com when it comes to looking at a broad spectrum of job availabilities. When I am looking for government positions, I go to usajobs.gov and governmentjobs.com. I chose these particular resources because they are recognized sources of employment opportunities.
  2. The stepsI’ve found beneficial in preparing for a job interview are the following: 1. Gather information about the company and the job itself, 2. Organize and prepare possible questions with answers, 3. Practice with someone or with a mirror.
  3. The only social network I use professionally is linkin, but for social means of communication I use facebook.

Hello Kym,

I like the answer you provided for question number 2. In fact, I have done the exact same process when preparing for a job interview, and have found this method to be very beneficial when getting ready.