CUST105: Unit 5 Discussion

1. Read until you get full understanding of the course, and take plenty of notes.

2. To be a good Customer Service Worker, you must have patience, be a good listener, communicate clearly, and be truthful.

3. Information was very knowledgeable, and helpful in showing how to become a good Customer service worker.

1. I suggest to just practice everything that we’ve learned. This online course prepared us in entering customer service jobs but it is till up to us if we’ll success or not.
  2. I learned that we must acquire communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills which are needed in customer service jobs to be a great fit in workplace. Also, I learned that customer service job is all about the customers but having a calm detached attitude towards them is the way to stay in the game. I also learned that it is nice to be a well-rounded professional who wants to keep growing by constantly finding ways to develop one’s swlf personally and professionally. Lastly, being empathetic can always go a long way.
  3. I found the resources useful, both the documents and the video presentation, although I feel like there should be more of the latter to be able to make the students feel more engaged.

The tips I would offer other students is to take notes, and taking quizzes to make sure you understand what you have read. The reading, activities and discussion will help you out a whole lot.
The most important lessons to me were to learn what means to be a customer service worker and the duties you have to perform. Be a great listener, be empathetic, be able to solve problems, be respectful and most of be patient. The information I learned from taking this course has helped me out greatly, and will help me out in the business of customer service. I learned ways to deal with customer’s, even if they are rude. If you follow these guidelines you should be successful and do a great job as a Customer Service Worker.

1. Take notes and read carefully.
    2.You need communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills to perform customer service jobs.
    3.I found the program useful. Even though I new most of the information it was a great refresher.

1.They should follow the studies and make use of the reference links to better understand what they are learning.
2.I will suggest they build their communication skills. They should dress professionally to boost the image of their company. They should be ready to help maintain the high standard of the company by being nice and polite with their customers and remember one bad attitude of an employee may render customers turning to competitors.
3.The program is really great, it is not only helping you theoretically but practically too, I feel like I am an expert in customer service after going through the program.

1. I would offer them tips such as to make sure you are well at communicating, and make sure that you are able to work well with others.
  2. If you are just starting out in this career the most important lessons would be communication, team-work, customer service skills, and patience.
  3. I found most useful about this program would have to be learning how to work with people with different backgrounds, and attitudes. what I found least useful would have to be learning about team-work.

I will advice and encourage all students to read carefully with an open mind. and not to rush through the reading materials just to get the certificate but try to read at your own pace and assimilate all the materials. Avoid studying when you are tired and endeavor to take all the quiz and exercises.
For a customer service worker just starting out, i will advice the person to read extensively about the customer service career to be prepared for what he or she is going out for, to have a brief overview of the geographical zones to be covered in the job and learn as much as possible about the people and their culture, and finally, to locate other customer service workers on the social media where they can share their experiences and challenges.
The most useful things about this course is that it is simple, straight to the point and encompassing.
The least useful things are that there were some repitations in some units.

1. I would let other students know that this program has a lot of information so do not rush through it. Sit down and take notes and take your time on the tests and assignments. I would also tell them to have fun and enjoy the program. I would advise the students to take notes for each chapter and utilize what they have learned in this program in the real world.
  2. Communication, teamwork, and patience are three very important skills to me. I would suggest that a customer service worker just starting out should really focus on these three lessons because it could help them out in their future job.
  3. I found the discussions and writing assignments very helpful. They increased my knowledge on each lesson by requiring me to write what I learned from those lessons. The least useful thing is that the instructions for the writing assignments were so vague that it was complicated to write 300-500 words. The course needed to be specific on what exactly it wanted us to write about.

This course will be very beneficial to compliment your customer service worker (CSW) employment search.
This course covers the skills expected of CSW and it allows you to practice these skills in the discussion sections of the course as well.
The course will also give you tips and suggestions on how to improve your employment search and your job prospects.
You will learn alot from the course and the skills that are required of you as well.

1. If you are a CSW just starting out, and you don’t have any or much work experience yet, the three important things to focus on are: to use the job boards to search for the many CSW job types this will allow you to see so many different CSW job openings and CSW job titles as well; Create a resume focusing on the skills you do have like for a CSW career some very important skills are to have strong interpersonal skills and listening skills.
    So if you don’t have many job skills most people have these skills and this will allow you to focus on these skills to share with your proespect employers; Lastly, upon completion of this course you will have learned so many more skills and techniques which will be beneficial to your job search.

2. I found all information useful in this course. I spent more time studying over the content that I was least familiar with.
    I found the discussions and assessments helpful. I enjoyed the final assignment creating an employee training manual which allowed me to review all the content of the course.
    So all the topics covered in the course are very useful topics to cover.

1. If you are going through this certificate program you should watch the videos and make sure you read all the information and takes notes to look back on.

2. For a customer service worker just starting out I believe you should have patience and be polite. You should be able to take charge of situations and always treat the customer the way they want to be treated. You should be professional and show empathy towards your customers.

3. I felt that this Customer Service certificate program was very useful. My only problem would be how long the essays are they should be decreased.

1. What tips would you offer to other students taking this certificate program to best focus their efforts and maximize their success?
    While taking this course I found best to take what I was learning and ask myself if I was a customer how would I like to be treated. Take each section and apply it to task you already do and see if you see a difference in the way people react. Remember that customer service is about how you treat your customers and ultimately that will help your business the best.
  2. After you have completed your final project activity for this course, what are three or four of the most important lessons you would suggest for a customer service worker just starting out?
    The four-important lesson I take away from this is don’t take complaints personally, always listen to hear what they are saying, make the customer feel like you only job is to fix their problems, and respond quickly and efficiently.
  3. Please share what you found most useful and least useful about this Customer Service certificate program
    I found a lot of tips very useful. Such as how to stay calm in situations, how to actively listen, different ways to respond to customers positively. I wasn’t sure how team work was good for customers service I find it a little bit of stretch.

1. What tips would you offer to other students taking this certificate program to best focus their efforts and maximize their success?
    • I suggest that you read the material carefully and do not rush as it is a lot of information to understand. Take down notes so you can revise it after each section.
  2. After you have completed your final project activity for this course, what are three or four of the most important lessons you would suggest for a customer service worker just starting out?
    • Make sure you have a positive attitude
    • Make the customer feel thatr your there to help
    • Never blame the customer
  3. Please share what you found most useful and least useful about this Customer Service certificate program.
    • Most- helpful tips and information
    • Least- everything was useful

1. I would tell the other students to make sure they read and fully understand the concepts of being a customer service worker. Also, I would take notes along the way because they will come in handy.

2. I would suggest that they make sure that they are a people’s person and to make sure that this is exactly the type of work the want to do. I would tell them that must be able to adjust their attitudes accordingly because there will be difficult customers. I would suggest that they listen intently to their customer’s complaints.

3 .What I found to be most useful about this program are the simple, short articles. They weren’t trying to cram your head with a bunch of useless information. They also gave you a couple of resources. I didn’t find anything useless in this program. I felt everything was said for a reason. It gave us websites to see how certain customer services work.

What tips would you offer to other students taking this certificate program to best focus their efforts and maximize their success? Take notes on key points and review any material you have not memorized.
After you have completed your final project activity for this course, what are three or four of the most important lessons you would suggest for a customer service worker just starting out?

1. Smile and portray a friendly and helpful demeanor
  2. Don’t take upset customers personally
  3. Always remember that you are usually the face of the company and you will determine whether a customer will return or not
    Please share what you found most useful and least useful about this Customer Service certificate program.
    I’ve found that the most useful part of this course is that I can do it at my own pace.
    The least useful part were the writing prompts, because I don’t find it necessary for me in order to memorize the knowledge I’ve read. I see why it would be important for review, though.

They are the personality of the individual who serves the customer and the overall personality of the organization. The organization personality is a reflection of the organization’s culture. It includes the organization strength and the individual behavior. If the organization is fun to work in, it’s people or the customer service personnel will convey sense of enjoyment to the customers. On the other hand, if the organization is very formal, like the legal firms, it formality behavior will be the behavior of the personneL

1. I would encourage students taking this course to read each section thoroughly and with attentiveness. Taking clear notes and organizing them in a way that allows you to find them for later reference is key to absorbing concepts and having the resources to complete assignments. The podcasts and videos are valuable supplements to the textbook learning.

2. I would coach the new customer service employee to embrace continual professional development and feedback in order to grow professional and personal skills. Examples of this feedback could be a formal review with a manager, or an informal compliment given by a satisfied customer in passing. Respect each customer and work to bridge cultural gaps - celebrate similarities and seek to understand in all interactions. Teamwork and collaboration are both vital to professional success, and your ability to be a teamplayer has a great impact on overall results.

3. I found the writing exercises and discussions to be a useful way to reflect on my learning and create three dimensional concepts of the ideas expressed in each unit. The least helpful thing was the presence of some extremely simple content regarding customer service basics that mostly rehashed common sense. All in all, this course was very helpful in expanding my knowledge of various areas of customer service and I am grateful I participated.

What tips would you offer to other students taking this certificate program to best focus their efforts and maximize their success?
~Make sure you read though the units and do your discussion stay focus an your dream for after you achieve your goal.
After you have completed your final project activity for this course, what are three or four of the most important lessons you would suggest for a customer service worker just starting out?
~Will suggest that you read though your work take notes. Remember that if may be overwhelming at first by nothing good is easy.
Please share what you found most useful and least useful about this Customer Service certificate program.
~ I learned what i could from this program and enjoyed it; loved this something that I will use day to day.

1. The thing I would emphasize for maximizing their success is to read carefully, do the activities, check out links, and complete the quizzes.

2. The most important lessons I would suggest are to always use a pleasant voice and smile. In addition, silence isn’t a bad thing. If you need to stop and think, or look something up on a computer or book, it’s ok to give your full attention to that. Also important is being able to communicate with others, either customers or co-workers.

3. For me personally, this course was just a review of things I’d already learned when working in a customer service job. It was good to have certain things repeated, such as smiling when talking on the phone. I don’t often do that. Another thing I had refreshed for me was ideas where to look for jobs.
    Least valuable were the links that found a page that was not found, there were several of those during the course. I would have liked to have checked the links out.

I work at the local Dollar General Store and this course has been very helpful to me. It has given me better understanding of how to do my job effectively.
I would recommend to new customer service workers to just remember to smile, be friendly, and try to provide assistance as much as is in your capability.
What I found most useful was the section on upset customers. We get this occasionally and it helped me to remember ways to help them and get them the results they are wanting.

1. When you are taking the course, take your time reading thru your material. Give yourself 1 to 3 hours a day as you can to help get thru the course.

2. Be courteous to customers, Listen very carefully and make sure you keep a positive attitude.

3. As someone who has worked in customer service this course was a refresher for me. It showed me a lot of what I already knew and it showed me more of what I could learn as I continue jobs in the Customer service Industry. It is a great course for anyone who is looking to getting into customer service or just refreshing themselves.