CUST105: Unit 5 Discussion

1. What tips would you offer to other students taking this certificate program to best focus their efforts and maximize their success?
    a) Students should focus more attention in problem solving owing to the fact that problems with customers will always occur. They should learn how to handle conflicts in a professional manner. Moreover, they should equally learn how to show first impression to customer because a negative first impression damages a business. Again students should also improve upon their communication skills which are fundamental in strengthening interpersonal relationship between staff and customers.

2. After you have completed your final project activity for this course, what are three or four of the most important lessons you would suggest for a customer service worker just starting out?
    a) Problem solving skills; Whenever an issue arises at work it is crucial that it be fixed right away so that the rest of the day can move smoothly. If an issue with a customer goes unfixed, it can be bad for business and you as an employee. Because of this, I have learned how to fix any type of problem in a timely manner that benefits all parties involved.

b) Politeness and professionalism: Don’t ignore someone, no matter how exhausted you are.
c) Learn about the products or services you offer as this will enable serve your customer without much stress
d) Learn to control your emotions no matter how angry, tired or frustrated you are.
e) Show respect for everybody including your colleagues and external customers.

1. Please share what you found most useful and least useful about this Customer Service certificate program.
    Communication appeals and tactics was the most important, followed by creating a favorable impression and later customer service workplace. The least interested was Marketing: Fundamental terms and concept

1- Good communication skills like : listening, empathy, apology, problem solving. Also, how to use social media in job employment and development of ourselves.
2- I will suggest: communication skills, how to hold a difficult customer, telephonic and e-communication skills , teamwork and how to develop yourself.
3-All articles of the course are very useful and beneficial.

1. I advise you take these courses as if you were trying to earn your degree, because it’s free information that enhances your abilities to make a living. I would suggest you focus your efforts on processing the information provided in detail. If you don’t understand something research it through whatever means you have available or just simply ask many questions.

2. The most valuable thing for a new customer service worker to know is respect yourself, value human life, and feel the pain that customer goes through when they spend their time with ignorant people. We should be
    the pre-voice that set things right.

3. I found the education useful and current.

4. I didn’t like the way people reacted to the warm beer.

1. Tips for other students–take some time to truly do the learning activities and you will learn much valuable information that is easily implemented into the real work world. I would print out the articles, put them in a binder, and keep them readily available to refer to in the future.
  2. I feel like for anyone just starting out in customer service, the most important skill to work on is communication. There are truly some key words and phrases that you can learn that can help you until you can come up with your own way of saying difficult things. Truly you need to be able to deal with angry customers, so I would spend some much needed time on this article.
  3. I found all of this certification class helpful because I work in customer service. I felt like it provided information that I can utilize to help me do better and better work. There really wasn’t anything not helpful to me. I found the videos good, I found the articles good, and I loved the work style. Thank you!

What’s most important to focus on varies from person to person. For me it was a little of unit 1 (very little), and units 2 and 3. The marketing parts didn’t seem very related to me, however some customer service does involve marketing so maybe that’s why they included it.

I also wouldn’t worry about checking every featured site for 30 minutes unless you find them helpful and interesting.

The steps of customer service were probably the most useful part for me.