CUST105: Unit 5 Discussion

1. What tips would you offer to other students taking this certificate program to best focus their efforts and maximize their success?
    a) Students should focus more attention in problem solving owing to the fact that problems with customers will always occur. They should learn how to handle conflicts in a professional manner. Moreover, they should equally learn how to show first impression to customer because a negative first impression damages a business. Again students should also improve upon their communication skills which are fundamental in strengthening interpersonal relationship between staff and customers.

2. After you have completed your final project activity for this course, what are three or four of the most important lessons you would suggest for a customer service worker just starting out?
    a) Problem solving skills; Whenever an issue arises at work it is crucial that it be fixed right away so that the rest of the day can move smoothly. If an issue with a customer goes unfixed, it can be bad for business and you as an employee. Because of this, I have learned how to fix any type of problem in a timely manner that benefits all parties involved.

b) Politeness and professionalism: Don’t ignore someone, no matter how exhausted you are.
c) Learn about the products or services you offer as this will enable serve your customer without much stress
d) Learn to control your emotions no matter how angry, tired or frustrated you are.
e) Show respect for everybody including your colleagues and external customers.

1. Please share what you found most useful and least useful about this Customer Service certificate program.
    Communication appeals and tactics was the most important, followed by creating a favorable impression and later customer service workplace. The least interested was Marketing: Fundamental terms and concept

1- Good communication skills like : listening, empathy, apology, problem solving. Also, how to use social media in job employment and development of ourselves.
2- I will suggest: communication skills, how to hold a difficult customer, telephonic and e-communication skills , teamwork and how to develop yourself.
3-All articles of the course are very useful and beneficial.

1. I advise you take these courses as if you were trying to earn your degree, because it’s free information that enhances your abilities to make a living. I would suggest you focus your efforts on processing the information provided in detail. If you don’t understand something research it through whatever means you have available or just simply ask many questions.

2. The most valuable thing for a new customer service worker to know is respect yourself, value human life, and feel the pain that customer goes through when they spend their time with ignorant people. We should be
    the pre-voice that set things right.

3. I found the education useful and current.

4. I didn’t like the way people reacted to the warm beer.

1. Tips for other students–take some time to truly do the learning activities and you will learn much valuable information that is easily implemented into the real work world. I would print out the articles, put them in a binder, and keep them readily available to refer to in the future.
  2. I feel like for anyone just starting out in customer service, the most important skill to work on is communication. There are truly some key words and phrases that you can learn that can help you until you can come up with your own way of saying difficult things. Truly you need to be able to deal with angry customers, so I would spend some much needed time on this article.
  3. I found all of this certification class helpful because I work in customer service. I felt like it provided information that I can utilize to help me do better and better work. There really wasn’t anything not helpful to me. I found the videos good, I found the articles good, and I loved the work style. Thank you!

What’s most important to focus on varies from person to person. For me it was a little of unit 1 (very little), and units 2 and 3. The marketing parts didn’t seem very related to me, however some customer service does involve marketing so maybe that’s why they included it.

I also wouldn’t worry about checking every featured site for 30 minutes unless you find them helpful and interesting.

The steps of customer service were probably the most useful part for me.

1. There is not such thing as taking too much notes. Write what you feel is important for this course or what you feel will most help you in the future.
  2. Listen to the customer first. Never interrupt them. Make them feel like you are forking for them, not against. Explain and repeat yourself as much as they ask, what might be simple for you might be challenging for them.
  3. This course helped me assure the concepts that I had already been working on as a csw, but also expand them. It was very useful because it helps your learn how to deal with diverse situations and how to react to them.

1. I will like to tell every student to read with an open mind. Do not rush through the reading materials just to get the certificate but try to read at your own pace and assimilate all the materials. Avoid studying when you are tired and endeavor to take all the quiz and exercises.
  2. For a customer service worker just starting out, i will advice the person to read very well about the customer service role in order to be prepared for what he or she is going into, to have a brief overview of what is to be done in the job and learn as much as possible about the people and their culture, and finally, to locate other customer service workers on the social media where they can share their experiences and challenges.
  3. This course is simple, straight to the point and enlightening.
    The least useful things were some repetition in some units.

1. Since its what you love doing , there will be no problem doing it .
  2. Customers are like a walking advert , treat them well and they’ll advertise for you
    3 the inside depth analysis of customer service to be honest I have learned things of great value and I say thank you saylor!

I would encourage students taking this course to read each section thoroughly and with attentiveness. Taking clear notes and organizing them in a way that allows you to find them for later reference is key to absorbing concepts and having the resources to complete assignments. The podcasts and videos are valuable supplements to the textbook learning.

I would coach the new customer service employee to embrace continual professional development and feedback in order to grow professional and personal skills. Examples of this feedback could be a formal review with a manager, or an informal compliment given by a satisfied customer in passing. Respect each customer and work to bridge cultural gaps - celebrate similarities and seek to understand in all interactions. Teamwork and collaboration are both vital to professional success, and your ability to be a teamplayer has a great impact on overall results.

I found the writing exercises and discussions to be a useful way to reflect on my learning and create three dimensional concepts of the ideas expressed in each unit. The least helpful thing was the presence of some extremely simple content regarding customer service basics that mostly rehashed common sense. All in all, this course was very helpful in expanding my knowledge of various areas of customer service and I am grateful I participated.

I would advise my students when getting a customer service job, to always use proper communication skills. Also when over the phone or working at an call center, always speak clearly at an steady pace. The main two keys to customer service jobs, are have to excel with listening and problem solving skills. There are many customer service jobs all over the world an few examples begin call center, retail, security and many many more. I would say the basic requirement or more of the bare minimal necessitates for customer service jobs are typically an High School diploma to get into any entry-level based job and\ or on the job training. Most customer service jobs trains’ their employees. The main key to finding a customer service job is to be able to control or / and block out your anger and personal emotion when dealing with the customers. There are a lot of ways to to advance in your career development. It is always a good habit to practice your verbal and non verbal communication skills. This would include speaking, writing, posting, typing, and all other verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Also you should consider a good strategy for solving or resolving, extreme or extraordinary customer problems or issues might include a compromise that provides a remedy to the customer’s loss. Also it is always an good idea to involve your customer in the problem solving process. Every customer service jobs will have angry and upset customers Just never let their energy feed into your energy. Also some customer will remain with an negative attitude even after coming up with and solution. So always have the mindset to prevent yourself from absorbing negative emotions. In addition there should never be a problem with saying sorry to a customer just to cool them off and or help them to relax. When looking in the job filed for customer service when it comes to begin upset and begin rude, only the customers have this right.