Academy Home | Student Dashboard

CUST105: Unit 5 Discussion

• Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business. What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?
  • Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.
  • Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.
  • Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.
1 Like

a) Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business.

• phone call

• Facebook Page

• Company Website

b) What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?

• Phone call

Advantage - A CSR will assist you upon answering the call.

Disadvantage - Your feedback may lead to a long call, especially if it is negative.

Advantage - You can prepare and review your feedback before sending it.

Disadvantage - It may take time before you will receive a response.

• Facebook Page

Advantage - Other people will notice your feedback, especially those who have similar encounters as you

Disadvantage - You may not receive a direct response to your feedback, but you may be lead to an automated system on messenger.

a) Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.

Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because of the ff:

With CRM strategies and tools, you can connect with the customers based on their interests and lifestyle while using their preferred communication channel.

You can track their transactions and see the patterns so you can be able to use a strategy that is reliable and proven.

When it comes to problems arising, you will have a better understanding of what is going on because of the recorded information on the CRM software. You can also decide on a strategy to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again.

You want to serve your customers right and make them happy after all.

a) Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.

CRM can impact the customer experience through proper treatment with everyone. When you treat your customers with respect and full attention, they will be satisfied with the customer service regardless of the products, and you will gain loyalty from them. Otherwise, they will badmouth the company and their customer service, and they will possibly not buy products from you anymore because of that bad experience.

a) Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

• No, not yet. I am not sure, but I cannot remember if there is any.

UNIT 5.pdf (289.9 KB)

1. Email, Telephone, Facebook, Google forms (if a company has one), comment boxes.
    The advantage of these is that customers can easily give you their thoughts and insights as well as positive feedback because these platforms are easy to access nowadays. The disadvantage for these platforms is that some platforms could be very public and people could easily access their comments about you or the company you are working for and this might give a negative impression if ever the comment made is negative.

2. CRM strategies and tools make it easier to have a connection with customers.

3. CRM strategies help you provide the service your customers are looking for.

4. Yes I have tried giving positive feedback about a product. An example of this is when I order something online from online platforms, If their representative is giving the same respect as I am giving him/her that automatically creates a positive impression to me and would make my experience with their products a lot more pleasant.

A. Phone call, e-mail, Facebook Page, Company Website

b) Phone call
Disadvantage - Your feedback may lead to a long call, especially if it is negative.

Facebook Page
Advantage - Other people will notice your feedback, especially those who have similar encounters as you
Disadvantage - You may not receive a direct response to your feedback, but you may be lead to an automated system on messenger.

1. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because of the ff:

With CRM strategies and tools, you can connect with the customers based on their interests and lifestyle while using their preferred communication channel. You can track their transactions and see the patterns so you can be able to use a strategy that is reliable and proven. When it comes to problems arising, you will have a better understanding of what is going on because of the recorded information on the CRM software. You can also decide on a strategy to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again. You want to serve your customers right and make them happy after all.

1. CRM can impact the customer experience through proper treatment with everyone. When you treat your customers with respect and full attention, they will be satisfied with the customer service regardless of the products, and you will gain loyalty from them. Otherwise, they will badmouth the company and their customer service, and they will possibly not buy products from you anymore because of that bad experience.

2. Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service. They do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

No, not yet. I am not sure, but I cannot remember if there is any.

a) Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business.

• phone call
  • Facebook Page
  • Company Website

b) What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?

• Phone call

• Facebook Page

a) Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.

Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because of the ff:

With CRM strategies and tools, you can connect with the customers based on their interests and lifestyle while using their preferred communication channel.

You can track their transactions and see the patterns so you can be able to use a strategy that is reliable and proven.

When it comes to problems arising, you will have a better understanding of what is going on because of the recorded information on the CRM software. You can also decide on a strategy to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again.

You want to serve your customers right and make them happy after all.

a) Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.

CRM can impact the customer experience through proper treatment with everyone. When you treat your customers with respect and full attention, they will be satisfied with the customer service regardless of the products, and you will gain loyalty from them. Otherwise, they will badmouth the company and their customer service, and they will possibly not buy products from you anymore because of that bad experience.

a) Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

• No, not yet. I am not sure, but I cannot remember if there is any.

Email, phone, Facebook, Google forms (if a company has one), and comment boxes are all viable options.
Because these platforms are so easy to use nowadays, clients can readily share their views and insights as well as positive feedback with you. The problem of these platforms is that some of them are quite public, which means that others may quickly find their comments about you or your company.

1. CRM strategies and tools make it easier to have a connection with customers.
  2. CRM strategies help you provide the service your customers are looking for.
  3. Yes I have tried giving positive feedback about a product. An example of this is when I order something online from online platforms, If their representative is giving the same respect as I am giving him/her that automatically creates a positive impression to me and would make my experience with their products a lot more pleasant.

Some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business are as follow;

• Phone Call
  • Email
  • Facebook page (Review, Comment, Reaction and Direct Message)
    Advantages and Disadvantages for these options

Phone Call

Advantages - Easy to track the problem,

Can handle immediately to the relevant representative,

Can negotiate directly to the customer,

Can check the customer satisfactions level.

No need the internet access

Disadvantage - We can provide the service to one customer at one time.

Email

Advantages- Time save and quick

It’s accessible from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.

Disadvantages- We need to avoid miscommunication

Need internet access

Lack of personal touch

Facebook Page

Advantages- Time save and quick

It’s accessible from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.

Easy to spread rapidly the positive review

Disadvantages- Need internet access

Risk of negative publicity.

The companies should use the CRM strategies and tools because it improves upselling efforts, enhances customer relation and optimizes marketing strategies.
Some ways that CRM can impact the customer experiences are

• Keep in touch with your customer
  • Provide your customer with your relevant information
  • Check your customer satisfaction level
  • Record your customer behaviors and complaints
  • Learn more about your customer
    I have ever provided positive and negative feedbacks to a company or customer service representative by phone, email and Facebook message and review.
  1. Over the Phone

2. E-mail

3. Social Media

4. Company Website