CUST105: Unit 5 Discussion

• Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business. What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?
  • Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.
  • Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.
  • Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.
1 Like

a) Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business.

• phone call

• Facebook Page

• Company Website

b) What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?

• Phone call

Advantage - A CSR will assist you upon answering the call.

Disadvantage - Your feedback may lead to a long call, especially if it is negative.

Advantage - You can prepare and review your feedback before sending it.

Disadvantage - It may take time before you will receive a response.

• Facebook Page

Advantage - Other people will notice your feedback, especially those who have similar encounters as you

Disadvantage - You may not receive a direct response to your feedback, but you may be lead to an automated system on messenger.

a) Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.

Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because of the ff:

With CRM strategies and tools, you can connect with the customers based on their interests and lifestyle while using their preferred communication channel.

You can track their transactions and see the patterns so you can be able to use a strategy that is reliable and proven.

When it comes to problems arising, you will have a better understanding of what is going on because of the recorded information on the CRM software. You can also decide on a strategy to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again.

You want to serve your customers right and make them happy after all.

a) Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.

CRM can impact the customer experience through proper treatment with everyone. When you treat your customers with respect and full attention, they will be satisfied with the customer service regardless of the products, and you will gain loyalty from them. Otherwise, they will badmouth the company and their customer service, and they will possibly not buy products from you anymore because of that bad experience.

a) Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

• No, not yet. I am not sure, but I cannot remember if there is any.
1 Like

UNIT 5.pdf (289.9 KB)

1. Email, Telephone, Facebook, Google forms (if a company has one), comment boxes.
    The advantage of these is that customers can easily give you their thoughts and insights as well as positive feedback because these platforms are easy to access nowadays. The disadvantage for these platforms is that some platforms could be very public and people could easily access their comments about you or the company you are working for and this might give a negative impression if ever the comment made is negative.

2. CRM strategies and tools make it easier to have a connection with customers.

3. CRM strategies help you provide the service your customers are looking for.

4. Yes I have tried giving positive feedback about a product. An example of this is when I order something online from online platforms, If their representative is giving the same respect as I am giving him/her that automatically creates a positive impression to me and would make my experience with their products a lot more pleasant.

2 Likes

A. Phone call, e-mail, Facebook Page, Company Website

b) Phone call
Disadvantage - Your feedback may lead to a long call, especially if it is negative.

Facebook Page
Advantage - Other people will notice your feedback, especially those who have similar encounters as you
Disadvantage - You may not receive a direct response to your feedback, but you may be lead to an automated system on messenger.

1. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because of the ff:

With CRM strategies and tools, you can connect with the customers based on their interests and lifestyle while using their preferred communication channel. You can track their transactions and see the patterns so you can be able to use a strategy that is reliable and proven. When it comes to problems arising, you will have a better understanding of what is going on because of the recorded information on the CRM software. You can also decide on a strategy to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again. You want to serve your customers right and make them happy after all.

1. CRM can impact the customer experience through proper treatment with everyone. When you treat your customers with respect and full attention, they will be satisfied with the customer service regardless of the products, and you will gain loyalty from them. Otherwise, they will badmouth the company and their customer service, and they will possibly not buy products from you anymore because of that bad experience.

2. Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service. They do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

No, not yet. I am not sure, but I cannot remember if there is any.

a) Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business.

• phone call
  • Facebook Page
  • Company Website

b) What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?

• Phone call

• Facebook Page

a) Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.

Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because of the ff:

With CRM strategies and tools, you can connect with the customers based on their interests and lifestyle while using their preferred communication channel.

You can track their transactions and see the patterns so you can be able to use a strategy that is reliable and proven.

When it comes to problems arising, you will have a better understanding of what is going on because of the recorded information on the CRM software. You can also decide on a strategy to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again.

You want to serve your customers right and make them happy after all.

a) Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.

CRM can impact the customer experience through proper treatment with everyone. When you treat your customers with respect and full attention, they will be satisfied with the customer service regardless of the products, and you will gain loyalty from them. Otherwise, they will badmouth the company and their customer service, and they will possibly not buy products from you anymore because of that bad experience.

a) Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

• No, not yet. I am not sure, but I cannot remember if there is any.

Email, phone, Facebook, Google forms (if a company has one), and comment boxes are all viable options.
Because these platforms are so easy to use nowadays, clients can readily share their views and insights as well as positive feedback with you. The problem of these platforms is that some of them are quite public, which means that others may quickly find their comments about you or your company.

1. CRM strategies and tools make it easier to have a connection with customers.
  2. CRM strategies help you provide the service your customers are looking for.
  3. Yes I have tried giving positive feedback about a product. An example of this is when I order something online from online platforms, If their representative is giving the same respect as I am giving him/her that automatically creates a positive impression to me and would make my experience with their products a lot more pleasant.

Some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business are as follow;

• Phone Call
  • Email
  • Facebook page (Review, Comment, Reaction and Direct Message)
    Advantages and Disadvantages for these options

Phone Call

Advantages - Easy to track the problem,

Can handle immediately to the relevant representative,

Can negotiate directly to the customer,

Can check the customer satisfactions level.

No need the internet access

Disadvantage - We can provide the service to one customer at one time.

Email

Advantages- Time save and quick

It’s accessible from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.

Disadvantages- We need to avoid miscommunication

Need internet access

Lack of personal touch

Facebook Page

Advantages- Time save and quick

It’s accessible from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.

Easy to spread rapidly the positive review

Disadvantages- Need internet access

Risk of negative publicity.

The companies should use the CRM strategies and tools because it improves upselling efforts, enhances customer relation and optimizes marketing strategies.
Some ways that CRM can impact the customer experiences are

• Keep in touch with your customer
  • Provide your customer with your relevant information
  • Check your customer satisfaction level
  • Record your customer behaviors and complaints
  • Learn more about your customer
    I have ever provided positive and negative feedbacks to a company or customer service representative by phone, email and Facebook message and review.
  1. Over the Phone

2. E-mail

3. Social Media

4. Company Website

1. Emails, phonecalls, Mobile Messages, Social medias, and other websites.
  2. It ia better to use CRM strategies to strengthen the engagement and analytics of data on their business.
  3. With CRM, the company can easily track and make personalized experience for the customers.
  4. I have provided positivie feedbacks on some companies. I usually start with the positive ones pertaining how good the product is, the assistance I got. Then I will head to the negative ones like delayed shippings so that they will be aware that they need more improvements.
  1. Election options :-1
  • Phone
    Advantage - You can get to talk to the customer representative which is going to be really helpful.
    Disadvantage - You will have to wait for few minutes before getting connected to the CSR, also it takes time if your feedback is negative as they will try to sort the problem.
  • Email
    Advantage - You can write down your problem if you are not willing to talk.
    Disadvantage - You will not get the immediate response sometimes.
  • Social networking sites
    Advantage - you can directly post it so that the other customers can also see your review before going ahead with the product
    Disadvantage - You won’t get direct reply also there will be other customers who will talk to you directly regarding the product and that is going to a headache for you.
  1. Nowadays every company should use the CRM service tool as the technology is taking over, people are getting more advanced and want things to get advanced. To meet up to the current situation and to get in touch with your customers and to grow your businesse it is necessary to use CRM service tool.
  2. CRM service tool can impact the customer service effectively as any one can shop, sell and get information with just a click or a call from anywhere. Organisation can get in touch with their customers easily, which is helping to grow their business and its growing rapidly. Using of internet, phone and emails are the major part to grow business and it’s a satisfying experience for the customers as well.
  3. I always provide positive feedbacks because I haven’t faced any problem regarding the product as such till date and am grateful to that. Giving feedbacks are important for the organisation and for the CSR. There are many situations like whenever I have orders something online or went for shopping, I have given the positive feedbacks
  • Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business. What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?

Email, Chatbots, and submitting reviews are probably some of the most common ways of getting in touch with a business and giving feedback. Email has the advantage of being able to communicate a lot of information in one email; the downside to email is that a complaint or issue may not be adequately dealt with and get lost in the spam folder or just forgotten about. Chatbots, on the other hand, have the advantage of being able to ask questions and get responses quickly, but since it is AI a person may run into a dead end. Submitting reviews are one way of express satisfaction or dissatisfaction but rarely with an rectification of the problem.

CRM tools and strategies can help a business select your target audience and be able to know who your customers are.

CRM can put a customers mind at ease when they know that you are attentive to their needs and have the information available about their purchases and their past problems.

• Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.

Generally, positive feedback is much harder to remember to give than negative feedback because, as humans, we remember negative things a lot easier than positive experiences. Once when traveling back to Madagascar from the U.S. a Turkish Airways ticket agent really helped us to not have to pay so much in extra baggage. We planned on putting a review on Turkish Airways, but I don’t think I ever did.

Electronic options available to customers to provide feed back on business services or products are through cell phones, computers, tablets to access websites, media sites. They are easy access in todays society. Disadvantages are customers can post a bad review.

CRM strategy tools allow an organized approach to collect relevant data that can be shared with all department in a company.

CRM can impact at customers experience having relevant data available to for CSW to support the customer.

I was asked to provide feedback for a company. They gave me the information to post my experience about their service. I agreed because it was a very positive experience for me and my family.

1. Google reviews, Facebook, emails, direct phone calls to a company
    Google reviews: potential customers are able to see the reviews of other customers and base their decisions of purchase on the reviews. However, most companies don’t always see these reviews and aren’t always able to correct the issue in a timely manner or at all.
    Facebook: same advantages and disadvantages as Google reviews/online reviews
    Emails: This is a better use for communication as it provides direct communication from the company to the customer and offers more personal interaction and quicker results than a review where it is unclear of what assistance a customer might want. Emails, though, are asynchronous communication which means that the responses are not immediate which in some cases might upset customers.
    Direct phone calls or face-to-face interaction: The best way of communicating feedback. These tactics are synchronous which means that the customer interacts with an employee in real-time allowing them to achieve a solution right then and there with no delay. However, some customers grow impatient in person and might have a lot to talk about which might lead to a longer process for correcting the situation.

2. CRM allows for companies to track customer history, loyalty and behavior with the company. When issues arise, it is easier to solve the issue because CRM has allowed for a bond to have been made with the company and customer and stored information on the customer which helps resolve issues easier.

3. CMR is beneficial to each customer because it offers a positive experience for the customers. CRM is the standard and efforts exceptable and expected for their experiences.

4. Yes many times I have called and left positive feedback. an example would be when I called a hotel and raved about an emplyee because he went out of his way providing me with inofrmation about the city I was in and helping me find my way around the hotel. He was genuinely nice - not just for a show and it was very obvious he was genuine behind his efforts

1. Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business.
    Phone call - Pros: you can talk real time about the issues or satisfaction about a service or product of the business. Cons: There’s a long queue for telephone calls before a CSR will accept your call.
    Email - Pros: You can tell and explain more in detail
    Cons: when I am busy, I don’t usually check my email in a timely manner.
    Text Message - Pros: I could check the message and can reply .
  2. Explain why companies should use CRM strategies and tools.
    It’s a great strategies to acquire new customers and keep old customers. You could get better information about the customers as well as better serve their needs.
  3. Describe some ways that CRM can impact the customer experience.
    • customer loyalty; repeat purchase; increase sales;
  4. Most customers only contact company management to register a complaint about a product or service: they do not provide positive feedback. Have you ever provided positive feedback to a company or customer service representative? If so, explain the situation and your method of communication.
    –I buy my stuffs online. When my order was delivered I will receive an email from the company and wanted my feedback about the product. I usually answer it and even allow them to post my comments to the public.

Some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to business would be for example Email, phone calls, social media, and company websites. When using email an advantage would be that the response time is quick but a disadvantage would be not being able to express your true feeling in writing. Phone call and advantage would be is it is easier to explain yourself verbally than in writing but a disadvantage could be longer than normal wait times. Social media is another electronic option an advantage would be that it would be a quick and easy to access but the disadvantage would be that it is very public and everyone can see what you post. Last but not least one option would be a company’s website you can leave reviews on the website an advantage would be that the websites are usually pretty easy to find but a disadvantage could be that it may not be user friendly. Companies should use CRM strategies and tools because they help all the people in the company have access to the same data and or information they need which builds better communication within the company and allows departments to share customer data, it also makes it easier for everyone to work as a team. CRMs improve the customers experience by giving a faster response time and personalizing each customers experience. I have booked a hotel before and left a good review so that other people would be more likely to stay there.

Name some electronic options customers use to communicate feedback to a business. What are some advantages and disadvantages for each option?

Email; Review section on company’s website:Social media: facebook, Linkedin; Telephone/call center; Instant messenger

Email
Advantages: You have the option to fully express yourself without limitation to the amount of words.
Disadvantage: Response is not immediate. Sometimes, emails are not received immediately, thereby delaying response time.

Review section on company’s website:
Advantage: You are able to read comments about the product from other customers
Disadvantage: For the company, negative comments about the product will discourage buyers

Social media: facebook, Linkedin

Telephone/call center
Advantage: You are able to express yourself in a language and tone that best fits your mood
Disadvantage: The receiver does not see your facial expression and so may not fully understand how you feel.

Instant messenger
Advantage: Instant feedback

1 Like

Customers can leave reviews via the Company’s social media platform e.g. Facebook, Instagram etc.

It is important for companies to use CRM strategies so that they can be synchronization of customer data across all departments. this will aid in responding to customer needs according per time.

Yes, I haven given a good feedback before. I bought the product online and it delivered at the right time and the product was exactly what i ordered.

1 Like

1 Les clients peuvent également utiliser des emails, des appels téléphoniques, des sites web d’entreprise pour communiquer avec une entreprise, Pour les emails vous pouvez bien lire et formuler les messages avant les envoyer au contraire dans le cas des appels téléphoniques
2 les entreprises doivent utiliser des outils CRM pour maintenir et développer une bonne relation avec leurs clients et les rendre fidèles à l’entreprise
3 les stratégies et les outils CRM ont un grand impact sur l’expérience des clients en facilitant la communication avec l’entreprise, et en fournissant des biens et des services convenables et qui dépassent même les attentes des clients
4 pour moi je donne des commentaires positifs si le service d’une entreprise m’a plu pour les encourager à faire mieux

1 Like

Phone
Advantages: Your calls will be directed to a CSW who will attend to your complainant needs.
Disadvantage: sometimes, it takes longer for the call to be directed to the appropriate department that can provide solutions to the customer’s complaints.

Email
Advantage: it is a great way of communicating by keeping the customers informed of the progress of a particular transaction.
Disadvantages: it takes time to get a response from the organization through emails.

Facebook page
Advantages: pictures and product descriptions can be posted and written on the page for people to see.
Disadvantages: one does not often get a direct response from them.

Using CRM increases a company’s revenue and profitability. It also improves customers satisfaction and loyalty, and decreases acquisition costs.

CRM is a great business strategy because it stresses the importance of maintaining good ongoing relationships with your customer’s. CRM can impact the customer experience by satisfying customer goals, increasing customer satisfaction and approval. It can also be used to acquire new customers and also market to existing customers when it comes to the marketing channel.

Yes I have. I remember using a safe boarder app( an app that allows you order a motorcycle anywhere you are) and I really enjoyed their services and i rated them on their rating list with a 5 star review.

1 Like