Academy Home | Student Dashboard

CUST105: Unit 6 Discussion

• As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation and social presence, or other factors?
  • Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?
  • Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?
  • Are there companies which you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?
  • The internet has expanded the customer experience and exposure to products. Explain the challenges companies and customers face with internet purchases.
1 Like

Answer:

1. As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation, and social presence, or other factors?

I based my purchasing decisions on the product cost and quality. I purchase as long as the price seems right for its quality.

If I am satisfied with its usage and quality, then they will earn my loyalty. So, every time I repurchase, I expect consistency of the quality and a freebie if I ordered in bulk. If I don’t receive the same quality, I will never order from that shop again.

1. Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?

Yes, I am loyal to particular brands like EO, Realme, and Mobile Legends.

1. Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?

Yes, if at that time, I need it or I cannot let it pass because the price is worthy of the quality.

I participated in using Puregold Perks Card. Each point earned can be converted into cash.

1. Are there companies that you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?

Yes, there are companies that I trust, like Puregold, EO, Realme, and Purefoods.