Academy Home | Student Dashboard

CUST105: Unit 6 Discussion

• As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation and social presence, or other factors?
  • Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?
  • Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?
  • Are there companies which you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?
  • The internet has expanded the customer experience and exposure to products. Explain the challenges companies and customers face with internet purchases.
1 Like

Answer:

1. As a customer and consumer, you purchase products for many reasons. Why do you typically buy a product? Is it cost, quality, company reputation, and social presence, or other factors?

I based my purchasing decisions on the product cost and quality. I purchase as long as the price seems right for its quality.

If I am satisfied with its usage and quality, then they will earn my loyalty. So, every time I repurchase, I expect consistency of the quality and a freebie if I ordered in bulk. If I don’t receive the same quality, I will never order from that shop again.

1. Are you loyal to particular brands? Why or why not?

Yes, I am loyal to particular brands like EO, Realme, and Mobile Legends.

1. Are you swayed to purchase based on consumer reward programs? Name a customer reward program you participate in?

Yes, if at that time, I need it or I cannot let it pass because the price is worthy of the quality.

I participated in using Puregold Perks Card. Each point earned can be converted into cash.

1. Are there companies that you believe in and trust? Explain. Why is it important for companies to build trust?

Yes, there are companies that I trust, like Puregold, EO, Realme, and Purefoods.

Unit 6 DISCUSSION.pdf (286.9 KB)

1. My purchasing decisions were based on the price and quality of the product. I buy things if the price seems reasonable for the quality.

They will gain my allegiance if I am satisfied with its use and quality. So, if I repurchase, I expect the same level of quality and, if I order in quantity, a freebie. I will never order from that shop again if the quality does not match.

1. Yes, I am a fan of brands such as EO, Realme, and Mobile Legends.

2. Yes, if I need it at the time or can’t pass it up because the price is reasonable for the quality.

3. Yes, I have faith in companies like Puregold, EO, Realme, and Purefoods.

Probably, I purchase a product when I need it.
Yes, Probably because of the quality of the product and the company is trusted.
Yes sometimes, if I will like the quality too, example in Robinson affiliates.
Yes, because they offer a quality of product , service and they care for the customer. You probably gain a comeback customer if you already build a trust.
The challenge is to chose the quality of product you will purchase especially that you cannot see it. The challenge for the company is to compete with the latest trends and brands.

As a customer and consumer, I typically buy the products based on the quality. I expect the products to be the same cost and quality. Sometimes I choose the products depending on the reputation of the company.

Yes, I am the loyal customer for some particular brands. My loyalty is depending on my satisfaction.

I sway to purchase based on the customer reward program. I participate in City Reward of City Mart Shopping Center and the Insider program of Yangoods.

Yes, I believe in some companies such as the local brand bags “Yangoods”, its quality is competitive to some international brands and I like return and refund policies of “Yangoods”.
In my opinion, the quality control and the CRM are important for building trust.

Nowadays, the internet has expended the customer experience and exposure to product. The companies and the customers are facing some challenges such as easy to spread rapidly the positive reviews and risk of negative publicity.

1. Cost is the first thing i consider while buying any product. company reputation can come after.
  2. Yes i am Loyal to some brands because they work for me. They deliever exactly what was potrayed in their adverts
  3. No
  4. I believe in companies that their products satisfy my needs.
  5. Often time with internet purchase, you don’t see what you ordrered for and the description in the product description box doesn’t always answer all of a customers question.