Develop a Claim

Write an introductory paragraph in which you develop a claim that will later be the basis for your Unit 2 essay:

"How does my selected activity or characteristic affect success in an Internet-based college course?"

Remember to include a strong thesis statement, which is a one-sentence claim or argument of the position you will take in your essay. Try to go beyond simply announcing your topic and listing the discussion points you plan to make in the body of your paper; keep in mind that you will work to prove your thesis in the body of your essay.

1 Like

Write an introductory paragraph in which you develop a claim that will later be the basis for your Unit 2 essay:

"How does my selected activity or characteristic affect success in an Internet-based college course?

With the advent of technology and multimedia tools available online, there comes a huge variety of ways to acquire knowledge. As 21st century learners exposed to vast social media applications, software and websites, there are somehow tempting technology developments that may affect the learning environment and the learners themselves. This is why it is essential to create or have specific set of activities and characteristics in order to use these technologies at its best. How a student behave with these technological advancement tools can also be a great factor which can affect success in an internet-based college education. Lastly, the goals of the students is a must because it is the person himself or herself will lead his or her success.

Is it just me… or are these assignments getting harder by the day?!? Here is my attempt at a claim for Unit 2’s essay… May as well try and and learn, since it’s only going to get harder…

Students should maintain a sense of balance between school, work, family and their health in order to be successful in an internet-based college course. Without proper planning of activities and an awareness for time management, something will eventually fail. By learning to properly balance their time, students will not only be successful students, but also successful in their overall well-being.

From business to the arts, success is completely individual. Based on a strong foundation and an understanding of one’s own strengths and weaknesses, there is no singular path when it comes to personal growth and accomplishment. Higher education is something that people seek for a multitude of reasons, all influenced by the lives they’ve led and that which they seek in the days to come. Yet the future is only so malleable as the opportunities found, and so college becomes a springboard for those who wish to pursue something more tailored to their ideals. In such a technologically apt time, academia is within reach in a new and exciting way. Internet-based schooling has opened doors to those who previously lacked the time or means to educate themselves. In order to succeed in online coursework one must be aware of the tools available, willing to learn alongside others, and conscientious of whatever struggles that may inhibit learning. There are many ways to find accomplishment in life, yet these skills are especially useful when it comes to an isolated learning environment.

In order to be successful in an internet-based college course, one must be able to manage time accordingly, stay focused, and be ready to learn. It is 2020 and knowledge is literally a click away. We live in such an internet based society, that you can search anything on the internet. Knowledge is endless, but how can you specifically succeed in a college course that is strictly online? I will give you a few tips and pointers that I have learned while being enrolled in an internet-based course.

1 Like