Academy Home | Student Dashboard

ECON103 Austrian Economics Course- Program Issues

Hi, I’ve just started the course and have noticed some program issues.

1. The first discussion 1.2 video is actually a repost of the lecture and not the discussion.
  2. Is there a way to access the lecture notes Saifedean uses in the video? He sometimes puts in links that would be helpful.
  3. On the discussion videos, they don’t expand to full screen but remain a small thumbnail even if expanded making it impossible to see the notes.

Excellent course, looking forward to finishing it!

6 Likes

I have noticed the same. The notes are on the last review page.

Hi unit 6 also has the same video posted for the Lecture and Discussion. So I cannot continue to the Essay as I have not seen the discussion on Hallucination. Thank you for the content that is posted, it is great!

1 Like

Agreed, in several cases the “discussion” video is pointing to a previous video; discussion videos for units 1, 3, 6, 8 and 9 are missing.

I second that! Although there is a summary of every lecture which seems to be pretty close to the lecture notes.

You could just download the videos, then view them full screen.

Also I would like to add a fourth point:

1. Please add a #econ103 tag to this forum - so far I don’t see it.
2 Likes

I agree with all your points. @staff you might want to read this and have a look at the video issues mentioned. thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks @billy_taylor – we’re discussing!

• video thumbnail/size - I think this has been resolved since 7/29
  • that should make the notes displayed in video more readable, but I believe the key points in the video lecture notes are reproduced in the course, e.g. the section 1.3 Review

We’ll add this in the next few minutes!

1 Like

in several cases the “discussion” video is pointing to a previous video; discussion videos for units 1, 3, 6, 8 and 9 are missing.

@staff:
looking forward to watching the missing videos

2 Likes

Also, 3.3 Discussion Forum link …/view.php?id=33582 to post essay results in an error page :cry:

1 Like

@staff It looks like someone fixed the discussion video in section 1.2.

However the discussion videos in 3.2, 6.2, 8.2 and 9.2 are still incorrect.

1 Like

Thank you! The discussion videos have been fixed. :slight_smile:

Hello Billy! We are checking it out now. Thank you! :slight_smile:

You should be able to post your essay because the link is active. Thanks again!

thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I have two broken links, leading here:

(this forum)/t/econ103-unit-3-4-writing-activity/43196
(this forum)/t/econ103-unit-6-3-writing-activity/43202/2

(I changed the urls because discourse won’t let me post urls.)

Whenever I click on “3.3 Discussion Forum” I get the message “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private”.

2 Likes

I get the same.

1 Like

Indeed, same for me.

Replying to you since you are part of the staff; can you look into the broken links reported here?