Hellp me please

is it true that CS no longer giving a certificate

Hi @twtym04 :slight_smile:

Let me start this reply with a “Disclaimer”: I don’t work at / for Saylor, so please don’t consider mine to be an Official answer.

There’s the following Blog post (written by Sean Connor - @sean - who is the Director of Student Affairs at Saylor Academy) that explains the changes that would be (and were) made in August of the current year (2018) and that would also affect (and affected) the “Computer Science” Certificate Program:

In particular, the following content from that web page is particularly relevant:

" In August [2018], we will remove several courses from our active catalog. While we expect this change will have a small impact for most students, it will affect the computer science curriculum in our certificate programs.

What courses are changing?

After August 17, 2018, exams and certificates of completion will no longer be available for the courses below. The course content will remain available for informal use or reuse by others, most likely on our legacy courses site.

BIO307: Microbiology
K12MATH013: Calculus AB
K12MATH014: Advanced Statistics
MA101: Single Variable Calculus
CS303: Algorithms
CS304: Compilers
CS305: Web Development
CS404: Programming Languages
CS405: Artificial Intelligence
CS406: Information Security
CS408: Advanced Artificial Intelligence
CS409: Cryptography
CS410: Advanced Databases
CS412: Mobile Applications Development (previously deprecated from March 1, 2018)

(…)

What about the Computer Science Curriculum certificate program?

The deactivation of these courses will affect the CS curriculum immediately from August 17th. If you want to earn the CS Curriculum certificate, you will need to pass at least seven of the courses by then (see the curriculum for details on which courses). We do not currently have plans to replace the CS curriculum program with a smaller program, but we always welcome suggestions.

Remember that every Saylor Academy course offers its own certificate of completion and that only courses in the list above will become inactive! "