Introduction to Supply Chain Management- Discussion

To choose a supplier, I would l consider his reputation first. The price would come in the second place. I would try to develop relationships with other suppliers also, based on the same facts. In my opinion it is not good to rely on just one supplier, since it might happen for this supplier not to have in stock the quantity required, or due to various factors not to be able to deliver the products I needed, for example.
If I were to buy a car, I could consider its characteristics: whether they meet my need, the price, and also the other’s opinions.

1 Like

I agree with you, however geographical location of suppliers and financing aid in time of troble are also key to reduce cost and to keep track on the relationship, that´s why some worth chainned enterprises at businesses areas get together as clusters. On the other hand extranet can help us to keep in touch with suppliers in a private way so that competence doesn´t interfere in our buy-sell business strategic relations. Thanks for sparking and sharing your poits of view.

1 Like