Introductions

Ty for the advice Sean :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself on the forum to all of you.

My name is Kerri and I just started the “Saylors Open Course” option for Thomas Edison State University here in New Jersey, USA. I have to say, I am a little nervous yet have high expectations for myself. I am excited to learn all I can here in order to obtain my Associate in Science in Business Administration degree. I am SO appreciative that I can learn in my spare time, online! All while continuing to work and taking care of my home and family needs.

I never would have thought this was ever possible for me just 10 years ago when I first attempted to get my degree at the local community college. It was too much driving back and forth, trying to match my work and school schedule was almost impossible (unless I cut my hours, which I couldn’t afford to do even if i wasn’t paying for school) and I feared that I would never be able to have the time and dedication it would take to earn my associates degree.

Well, here we are! Day 1 of it all!
Looking forward to the day i can post back and say: I DID IT.
Thanks for listening.
-Kerri

Hello everyone!

This is Amr. I am 23 from Egypt and, I recently got accepted into an I/O Psychology M.S. program in the U.S!
As my background is not in Psyc, I was instructed to take some pre-requisite courses first … After doing quite the research, I have to say that I am very glad that I found Saylor Academy! Even though I am only on my second week of studying, the course material is super organized, easy to use and follow, fun and very thorough. I am currently working on the Psyc 101 course.

It also feels like I may never have nothing to do now with the abundance of accessible courses in all different walks of life, I certainly see myself doing a lot of self-learning on here!

Finally, I have to note the great experience I had with “customer service” (if you wanna call it that) … They respond in a quick & rich manner and Sean even accepted my request to have a phone conversation and answered every question generously.

I hope Saylor gets more exposure because it definitely deserves so!

Welcome Kerri and Amr!

So are we! We’re a small team here, but happy for you to use us as a resource along the way :slight_smile:

Hi all! My name is Priscila. I hope you all succeed in the courses you choose to take :slight_smile:

Hi my name is Winnie Palmer.I live in Beaumont.Texas I am 65 years old.I. am taking this course because I want to learn more.I have 3 girls I am an ordained. pastor?

hi my name is chidinma favour i new here i just started the biology course hopping to understand this course more better

Hi everyone.
My name is Rajas Golwalkar and I am from Goa, India. I am 25 Years old. I hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in computer science. I also have also completed a certificate course in “Big Data Analytics”.

I am currently running an online ad listing website www.casualtrades.com. I also work on web designing projects as a freelancer.

I am here on Saylor Academy to improve my existing knowledge and skills.

Regards
Rajas Golwalkar

Hi I’m Linda from Brisbane Australia looking to use this course to help community orgs

Hi, my name is Jessica, Im 35 years old. I live in Rialto California. I’m interested in furthering my education so I can achieve my career goals in life.

Hi,
I am Vanessa. New to Saylorg. Excited about getting started. Love learning!

Thank you!

I am happy to have found curriculum I can use with confidence. However, I have come across an exercise where the instructions indicate there are active links for the students to access. The links are not active on the page I was viewing. Perhaps now that I’ve registered and will have the chance to get to learn from other uses, I will be able to gain access to more information than what is immediately available.

M. Maber

Welcome! If the links continue to be a problem even with an account, please feel free to send them to our contact email; we’ll find substitutes or updates.

Hello everyone. My name is Rema and I am new to Saylor and enjoying the learning experience. I am currently doing my second course and loving it. Great information! Looking forward to doing many more.

Hi
I am Maverick from Ghana, nice being here with you guys.

Hi everybody!! My name is Ana (I´m from Vigo, Spain) and I´m 23 years old. I just started the COMM411 course, to enhance my knowlegde in this topic, and also to contribute to my degree in Advertisement and PR.
Nice to meet you!! :slight_smile:

Hello,I’m Maliceth,I’m new to saylor. I’m 13 and needed help with learning so i came here.

Hi there I am Carlos Nah,age 19 ,I am from Liberia and I am new to saylor and its discourse but I have decided to take on Computer Science 305 to pursue my career in web development. I hope to get a study mate along the way.

Hi Everyone! My name is Sarah, age 21, from the United States. I am headed to law school in the fall but decided to pursue taking a time management course to improve my productivity and tracking how many hours of my days go to the various activities I do online. I will most likely pursue other courses on here such as computer science, mathematics, or physics since I did not pursue them during my undergraduate.

hi every one, am teyes , age 29, from Nigeria,i had finished my GED 3years course on electrical engineering technology just recently had a huge interest in chemistry which i put it here to study more about it. it is cool.