Introductions

Thank you Jeff

Hello my name is Peggy. I’m doing POLSC101. Is anyone else doing this course? It looks so very interesting so far. I am really glad I found this course and so great it can be done online.

Welcome Peggy --hope you enjoy the course!

My name is Maram from Tunisia

This is so awesome, right? I love that I can study philosophy free! Hope you are having a good time, and feeling better :pray:t6:

Hi everyone, I’m from Trinidad and Tobago. I’m new to Saylor Academy, the course I’m doing is BUS103- Introduction to Financial Accounting , anyone doing this course? I’m looking forward in chatting with my fellow classmates.

Hi everyone,
I came to better improve my english writings.
… and know people.
:grinning:

Welcome to Saylor Academy - we hope you find some useful courses!

Hello everyone, my friends and loved ones call me Vicky Love or VLove. I joined the Saylor Community last week after noticing a free education link on someone’s blogsite. And boy am I grateful for this opportunity. :rofl:

I’ve earned my BSBA from DeVry University and Lord knows, I did not need any additional student loan debt. :moneybag: Thank you Saylor!

I am currently enrolled in the Public Speaking course as my Divine Vision for my Life is to inspire smiles and promote laughter by Speaking to and Inspiring Audiences all throughout the globe. I am the Founder of The Victorious Living Movement, where I show my YouTube Subscribers and Tribe how I successfully live in my van house and love it! Yes, I’m a minimalist. I’m a modern day nomad :blue_car: and embrace and appreciate simple living.

Right now I’m attempting to cross my t’s and dot my i’s as I perfect my craft of public speaking. Thank you for reading intro. Congrats on your successes and shine baby shine! :sunny:

~Vicky Love
www.msvickylove.comBe%20Yourself%2C%20Everyone%20Else%20Is%20Taken

Hi, my name is Yahya from Kenya. I have done the same course and completed recently. i have not yet done the final exam. Currently ,I’m doing a revision work in preparations for the exam. I’m ready to discuss any pertinent issues. Kindly, welcome on board?
Regards.

Welcome Vicky!

Welcome Yahya!!

Thank you Jeff! I appreciate you. :grinning:

Hello my name is Cheyenne and I joined saylor to help me get started earning college credit in high school. I’m am also striving to become valedictorian of the class of 2022.

Hello my name is Tamika I joined Saylor so I can learn more on Computers and Programming, I just love technology

Welcome @cheyenne_s!!

Welcome @truff37!!

Hello
My name is Amos Watentena from Uganda, I am new on this platform.
I am taking a course in project management and I would love to meet anyone here.

Thanks

Hey everyone! My name is Brandi and I am currently working as an RN, however, I have recently received my master’s in nursing and am getting my licensure as a FNP. I am taking this course because I am a life-long learner and love learning new things. I did not have the chance while in college to take courses that interested me but were not a part of my degree so I am taking the opportunity now with this course. Art has always fascinated me and I feel that by taking this course I will be able to have a better understanding and appreciation of art.

I have been lucky in my life that my family, particularly my grandmother, has been very tolerant of my yearning for knowledge and exploration of things besides what I have known growing up in a small town. This interest in knowledge and exploration of the world has been a part of my life since as long as I can remember. Interests I have explored have bee such things as literature, art, language, music, nature, writing, and many other things. For me, knowledge and exploration are about more than intelligence, it is about feeding the soul as well.

The earliest exposure to visual art I would have to say began in early school days. We always had art classes and the fact that art gave us the ability to express our thoughts and feelings in more than just words always fascinated me. With that being said, I was never the artist in my family; that role would be my brother. However, over the years I have dabbled in things such as painting and drawing which with time and lots of practice, have been more appealing to myself in particular. Painting has always been my go-to and recently I have been able to include this in my social life as well. A few friends and I have attended several “wine and painting” classes and I must say they have been very enjoyable.

More recently, since obtaining my master’s degree in nursing and having more time for me, I have been exploring the role of abstract painting and being able to express my feelings through abstract and also to discern what other artists are trying to convey through abstract art. I have been particularly drawn to the abstract pieces that are done in calm or cooling colors since at this time in my life I have been on a personal journey of overcoming my depression and anxiety and finding my inner calm or inner peace. For me, these colors mean more than just blues or greens. They are what my soul has been striving to incorporate over the past few years. Because of this, my anxiety and depression, with the help of counselors and medication, have begun to be less of a burden and more of an obstacle I am overcoming.

For me in this time of my life, the artwork that I produce is specifically designed and targeted for myself as the audience. It is a type of therapy for me to remind myself that there can be calm and peace found in the world and that anxiety and depression do not have to control my life. One day I am sure my audience will change but for now, I am enjoying having art accompany me on my life journey of soul-searching and peace.

Welcome Brandi!