Academy Home | Student Dashboard

Introductions

There is a lot to get accustomed to. Feel free to ask any questions along the way!

And I’m glad to hear this. Welcome!

Hello everyone!

My name is Elizabeth, 23-year-old soon-to-be graduate student of genetic counseling. To prep for graduate level work, I’m brushing up on my science skills - it has been nearly 2 years since I was last in a classroom! I come from a liberal arts school so am rounding out my learning experience with some good old fashioned humanities courses.

I am excited to be a part of a community of learners! :blush:

Welcome Elizabeth, AKA @redpandamonium91! I definitely understand the tug-of-war between science and the humanities – I loved biology but veered toward history, then indulged in multiple science 101’s during undergrad just because I wanted to (probably should have chosen to write a thesis, but oh well).

Call me Lavender.

The formal structure of college just wasn’t for me, so I’ve taken to the real world to shape my future.

Not sure what’s in store yet. Wish adults had told me not everyone feels drawn to a “calling.” I’m just trying to find a place in a world that needs change more than money.

Well I’m still waiting and suspect it might be getting a bit late for me now!

I think that the best most of us can manage is to keep going and grab opportunities as they arise. Stay flexible because few of us make the right choices first time or stay put in a lifelong profession or career path.

I was an English major and now I’m trying to get into a cybersecurity program. You never know where life will take you. Many people who thought they had the answers at 18 are seriously questioning them at 40 (mid-life crisis).

I call mine a mid-life “correction” :slight_smile:

Hello, my name is Tiffany: #Millennial #Episcopalian #Writer #MusicGuru #Wife #Gamer #Cultured #OpenBook

Welcome Tiffany!

Hi community,

My name is Casius Hahiba from Zambia. I am very glad to be part of this community.

Welcome Casius! We are happy you have joined the community. What are you planning to study?

Thank you Jeff,
I am planning to study management courses like principles of management, human resources management and many others

that is great - good luck and hope the materials are helpful to you!

Hello!
My name is David and I just signed up for English Comp I and Dante. I’m somewhat new to Internet college learning and am ready to get started.

Welcome David!

my name is eslam , 23 old , have Bsc in radiochemistry .
seeking to become lecturer and researcher in this magnificent field
i love reading & politics & classical music &teaching

Welcome – hope you find much of what you seek here at Saylor!

thank you very much :smile:

Hi, nice to be part of this forum

Hi all, I’m new to the forum and my name is, Believe it or not, Chancellor. Hoping to get to know you all in due course. I have always wondered what the history of art is all about and am sure with the expert help of the Saylor Academy I shall be knowledgeable about the subject in no time

Welcome to the Saylor Academy forums!