Academy Home | Student Dashboard

LiDA101: Assessment and scope of digital literacies

lida101

Questions to consider:

• Did the self-assessment you chose focus on digital skills or digital literacies?
  • What did you learn from this exercise?

Source Resource: https://learn.saylor.org/mod/page/view.php?id=19545

Did the self-assessment you chose focus on digital skills or digital literacies?
What did you learn from this exercise?

1. Digital literacies.

2. I have some more learning to do in this area, as I’m not a teacher and therefore didn’t know all the areas they requested.

My test focus more on digital literacy and from my results I definitely need to work on my skills on understanding and breaking down the technologies that I need to learn better

In LIDA101, you will have that practice.

I used the University of Exeter iTest, which focused on digital literacies. I found that I have a moderate level of comfort and ability with digital literacies but that I can certainly improve them, particularly in the area of online collaboration.

Collaborating with people can be difficult because everybody has their own way of going about things

Wow I thought I knew something about technology, I am surprisingly wrong. Also, I would say literacy as to me, literacy seems to encompass skills, but skills don’t seem to encompass literacies. Of course I may be wrong and someone may be able to correct me.