Doug Belshaw says we should talk about digital literacies (plural) and that they depend heavily on context and are socially negotiated.
Please share with the group:
- One digital literacy you have acquired and use regularly in your own context. Summarise your context and suggest why this is a literacy rather than a digital skill.
- Share one digital literacy you would like to acquire or improve to support your learning. Why is this literacy important for you?
- Optional - do you think there is a difference between digital literacies used in personal life when compared to formal learning or the work environment?
Remember that digital literacies are context dependent and socially negotiated - so there are no wrong or right answers. The ones which are important for you are determined by your own context.
- Read a few responses. If you see a particularly thoughtful post remember to like the post by clicking on the heart
- Please respond to at least one or two posts in this topic and remember to include the @username in your post so you can earn the first mention badge.