Academy Home | Student Dashboard

LiDA103: Scientific publishing in a digital world

Join the discussion on why open matters for you in the context of in a digital age. This is an introductory forum for us to get to know each other a little better by sharing thoughts on what we think about the concept of “open” in education.

Think about your own context with reference to the current state of learning in a digital age.

• Does open matter for you personally? Share your reasons why open does or doesn’t matter for you.
  • What can we learn from the current state of affairs regarding access to scholarly knowledge? What do you recommend for the future?

Source Resource: https://learn.saylor.org/mod/page/view.php?id=19432

Personally for me Open really matters. Like myself, not everyone in this world afford to get an education with tuition and other miscellaneous fees to pursue a degree. The Open will give the opportunity for less fortunate one that are willing to learn that will them to the brighter future. I think, if everyone could share an access or allow them to share, then everyone could have an easy and fruitful sharing of ideas and learn from each other. #lida103