PHIL102: Finding and Assessing Sources

Consider your experiences with finding and assessing sources. In particular, using a personal experience as an example, discuss whether, and to what extent, one of the strategies in this section for evaluating sources has been or would have been helpful.

3 Likes

you need to use a conclusion to find and assess the sources i like i am in love with my soul mate i never felt this way before and he feels the same way. he feels the same way i do.

9 Likes

Finding and assessing resources plays a pivotal role in obtaining reliable information from the internet.
Although, Wiki is the most popular information assessing website on the internet and does disseminate peer reviewed scholarly articles with in-depth information and additional references for more information.
However, Wiki is an open source for public view and amendment. It gives access to general public to change information as they will which certainly affects the credibility and accuracy of the information.

Although, ADAM is a reliable strategy for such rechecks on the information. It’s process can allow a reader to only follow the information that is accurate and written by experts. Thus it gives a reason for experts to eliminate all the information that they encounter as false on the internet.

Moreover, social media is a good platform for gaining information about crucial academic targets, such as I often use youtube to understand the visual aspects of the topic in hand. It is a great way to remember information.

However, youtube is open to public, and due to having a crowding platform the information uploaded by people shows scepticism for accuracy of the videos. Also there is not any reference to get to an expert in the field of this particular study.

In conclusion, finding and assessing resources have become easy and quick with the phenomena of internet. Although some information shows it credibility and reliability through its Content, structure and reference, while others exploit the same spectrum of freedom of information through biases.

9 Likes

Social media is a good source of information, however one always have to look for the validity and the authenticity of the information collected from it. Critical thinking plays an important in using information from social media. There are a lot of stipulative information in the social media that we need to watch out.

5 Likes

Setting an arrangement for future is the most dominant procedure of considering our future and inspiring ourselves to accomplish our fantasies and carrying them to the real world. The way toward defining objectives causes us to pick where we need to be a major part of our life, what we need in our life, and what steps we have to take in our life to accomplish our objectives as we have arranged. Individual arrangement is the most significant advance we have to take it. Individual arrangement causes us to push ahead towards our vocation chasing for work, to go into business, and furthermore our future with our family. Subsequently, I have set a few intends to accomplish my objectives. I accept that how huge we think, enormous we dream, and huge we plan, that is the manner by which large we accomplish our objectives throughout our life. I generally ponder my future. Diminish Drucker’s statement “the most ideal approach to anticipate what’s to come is to make it,” is one of my preferred statement which invigorate me the and motivation to make my arrangements for my better future. So with this motivation I generally envision my future from since I was a child.

By envisioning my life quite a while from now, one of my arrangement and dream is to get hitched to fellow who cherishes me a great deal, who thinks about me and my family, offering appreciation to all, who is all around settled and furthermore who will consistently remains adjacent to me my satisfaction and misery. Trust and comprehension are one of the principle significant things which I might want to give significance in my wedded life. As of now I am not in a relationship yet I might want to have somebody in my life who will fill as long as I can remember with shades of joy. I would get hitched to a person of my fantasy and would be living with him for my life time. As I am from an Indian family I might want to wed to an Indian person.

I trust in joint family framework along these lines, I might want to live in a joint family after my marriage with my better half and his family. Joint family encourages us to keep solid bond connection between one another in family, which keeps solidarity and furthermore gives us support during any need. Joint family instructs youngsters to regard our senior and the capacity to forfeit what they need throughout everyday life. I might want to have two youngsters, one young lady and one kid and need to be the best mother for my child. I would prefer not to place my children in keeping an eye on they don’t take care as one relative or a mother takes for their youngsters. I might want to work from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm, as I would be back at home when my children are back at home from school. Investing energy with the family is exceptionally important to keep family glad. I might likewise want to go through my ends of the week with my family and might want to go out with them and cooking a few specials nourishments for my family as cooking is one of my preferred leisure activities. Investing energy with youngsters’ is so significant supposing that we don’t invest time with kids then they are going to feel ignored and no one is giving them significance nor no one loves them. This sort of emotions powers youngsters to foul up things and occupy them in wrong way. Along these lines, I might want to give condition of solidarity, love and harmony to my kids. Investing energy with spouse is additionally as significant as annexing time with youngsters to run our marriage life easily.

As of now I am occupied with my investigations and occupation so I was unable to deal with my wellbeing, yet I might want to put on some weight by keeping up my figure as I am hitched now and might want to keep up my wellbeing as in different manners as well. I might want to turn out each day for an hour in future which I am not ready to keep up my timetable in present.

I might want to improve in sex from 18 years of life. I might want to have some enough cash that I can deal with my family and satisfy needs of my family. I might want to purchase my very own home where I would be living cheerfully with my family and might likewise want to set aside cash around $75000 in my record by deducting all costs, for example, vehicle protection, contract, bills for different utilities, my youngsters’ costs, and our other day by day costs.

2 Likes

Good Strategies applications

2 Likes

Good self explanations

2 Likes

Still learning from everyone.

3 Likes

I use to look for information on wikipedia, It’s a fast way to get information, but normally is not a reliable database.

I think the Adam strategie is an excellent method to evaluate the kind of information you find on internet.

3 Likes

Based on my personal experience, I have found that consulting WIKIPEDIA first provides me with a general and basic view and concepts of many of the complex themes I’m researching. I know it is not the most authoritative but I really find it accessible, easy to understand and navigate and is full of references. After gaining a general understanding then I move on to official scientific and academic sites to support the initial information I found in Wikipedia. I also like to search for videos in YOU TUBE which has been created by professors specialized in their field and academic organizations.

3 Likes

I think your response is very well presented. It effectively synthesizes the material provided in our course and discusses the different sources of information. Thank you so very much for sharing such a good format.

2 Likes

If I were researching something, I would probably begin by looking at Wikipedia also. It would probably give some basic information and I could see what references they used to support this information.

2 Likes

Considering my experiences with finding and assessing sources. The strategy for evaluating sources that has been helpful is to follow the money so to speak and to determine whether or not there may be an inherent bias of the information being presented.

2 Likes

I probably use wikipedia more than anything to get a general idea of the topic I am researching before diving deeper into research using sources listed as well as others that I may find on the topic.

2 Likes

When I was in high school, we often had to write research papers and the internet was smaller but just as unreliable as it is today. There were many websites that were probably not particularly repudiated and I did not have access to online journal articles. So the ADAM approach would have been very helpful.

2 Likes

From my personal experience as a law student i think having a reliable source to back your argument or support your research is a very important think. Mostly i used to use wikipedia as a starting point because it a bit brief and simple to understand. On top of that its a great gateway if wiki page is source cited which gives u a direction on where to read. But the down side of it most of info on wiki tends not to be verified hence less reliable. Then having a basic idea now i would venture on different scholarly approaches on the subject.

2 Likes

But nowadays using social media as a source takes someone who has analytical perspective to the info shared because some people use it as a tool to propagate their own agendas which might be biased

2 Likes

Today finding a credible sources is not easy with what many people post nowadays. One of the best helpful technique I use is E-education to find the credibility of my research.

2 Likes

Social media, and other internet materials, doesn’t have any right standard on how we actually post on something, it is just a form of expressing our emotions, perspectives, or ideas on something that can be relevant to the structured way of gatheringn information to others, However, in evaluating and assessing information with a widely critical thinking capacity, this can be very helpfull to us who’s searching relevant and credible sources from our own research(including school research), and conclude your judgement by weighing your source of information

2 Likes

It is necessary to evaluate the sources so that we can assure that the information we get is realiable and valid.

2 Likes