Academy Home | Student Dashboard

Unit 1 problem solutions?

Hello everybody! i’m new in the saylor academy and i have just started the computer science I,

On the unit 1, do you have the answers of the problems?, like these one and the other ones:

For each of the following claims, in order to determine if the claim is true of all four cards, describe (1) The minimum number of cards you must turn over to check the claim, and (2) what those cards are.

1. There is not a Q on the letter side of the card.
  2. There is not an octagon on the shape side of the card.
  3. If there is a triangle on the shape side of the card, then there is a P on the letter side of the card.
  4. There is an R on the letter side of the card only if there is a diamond on the shape side of the card.
  5. There is a hexagon on the shape side of the card, on the condition that there is a P on the letter side of the card.
  6. There is a diamond on the shape side of the card only if there is a P on the letter side of the card.

Thank your so much to you all !!

Hey! I was having the same questions…I’m not sure if or where there is an answer key. I went through them all and want to check. Did you ever find anything? If not, want to be study buddies?

You can find the texts online pretty easily as they are opensource. Just do a search “forallx An Introduction To Formal Logic pdf” and you will find it pretty easily. There are multiple versions including a “Calgary Remix” and “Lorran County Remix” you want the one whose first page looks exactly like the one in the pdf viewer on saylor org.

Same goes for “A Concise Introduction To Logic”, or you can also follow the link @ the bottom of that reading section.
Cheers

BTW I tried posting links to the pdfs but was blocked, apparently we can’t post links in the forums.