Upper Division Credits? - BS in Business

I have a two year degree and I am working on a four year degree studying business and liberal arts. Studying Excelsior and Thomas Edison websites I have found the following upper division exams that recommend Saylor classes. Anyone else struggling with upper division credit? I have also found MIT OCW MOOCS recommended for Excelsior upper division exams. (Such as Quantitative Analysis required for an Excelsior BS in Business)

Recommended Saylor Classes for Upper Division Exams:
Saylor BUS205 Excelsior Exam BUSx323
Saylor BUS300 Excelsior Exam BUSx425
Saylor BUS301 Excelsior Exam BUSx410
Saylor BUS403 Thomas Edison Exam CMP-354
Saylor BUS303 Thomas Edison Exam NEG-401-TE

2 Likes

Both BUS205 and BUS303 are available as part of our Direct Credit program, too – in terms of direct transfer, I’m not sure that BUS205 would connect to an upper level course (e.g. BUSx323). I don’t know yet how BUS303 would transfer to TESU or EC, either, but both might be worth inquiring about with the schools.

1 Like

It appears BUS303 would only help if you are going to get your degree at Thomas Edison, because it appears there is not a corresponding Upper Division Exam. BUS205 would only migrate if you take the EC exam for it (BUSx323). Which I intend on doing. I think taking the Saylor course, then taking the EC practice exam would help you identify any holes between the courses and the EC exam. Then obtain the EC textbook the exam is based upon to backfill the holes. I am excited that It appears I will be able to use Saylor to pretty much obtain my BS in Business at Excelsior.

I obtained Organisational behavior from Indiana university, but I see you have a class for that (BUS209), and EC has a corresponding UD exam.(BUSx315). That may be another option for people looking for upper division credit. EC does recommend Saylor BUS209 in their study guilde.

1 Like

So here would be my updated list

Recommended Saylor Classes for Upper Division Exams:
Saylor BUS205 Excelsior Exam BUSx323
Saylor BUS300 Excelsior Exam BUSx425
Saylor BUS301 Excelsior Exam BUSx410
Saylor BUS209 Excelsior Exam BUSx315
Saylor BUS403 Thomas Edison Exam CMP-354
Saylor BUS303 Thomas Edison Exam NEG-401-TE

3 Likes

Im confused, this courses will not transfer direct credits to Excelsior but allows you to enroll in excelsior exam? Then you need to pay for Excelsior Exam??

Some courses directly transfer into Excelsior, some just prepare you well for the Excelsior exam. There is a list of courses that directly transfer. Upper division courses are typically the issue. You need so many to graduate. Sean can elaborate further.

Thank you bernieyeater

Im so newbie, where may i find the list?

There is a very small proctor fee for the exam

Thank you for your reply again, but this list dont have the equivalent courses in Excelsior, actually this list includes the BUS205 course that in this thread is discussed as a course that dont transfer credits to excelsior but helps for the exam…

Contact me via Email (bernie.yeater@yahoo.com), and I can help you put together a plan of study. I graduated from Excelsor last year. Because the college is so flexible with incoming credits - the choices can be overwhelming. Their most flexible degree is their Liberal Arts of Science which allows two concentrations. I got the first concentration in Management. Depends on what your situation is and what you want to do - for 90% of the management positions out there a Liberal Arts degree with a concentration in management gives you great options. (I am a project manager and a software engineer). Using Saylor, CLEP, DSST, and Excelsior tests you can finish a degree for little money.