Write an Introduction

Using the prewriting and writing techniques you know from Unit 1, write an introductory paragraph for your essay for this unit. The topic is:

"How does my selected activity or characteristic affect success in an Internet-based college course?"

But first, make sure you’re ready to succeed. Online learning can sound so wonderful that some students start with an unrealistic vision. In reality, online courses require just as much, if not more, time and energy as traditional classroom courses. It also requires specific computer skills and learning strategies in order to succeed.
To see if you’re ready, see how many items of the following skills you have:

1. persistence
  2. Effective Time-Management Skills
  3. Effective and Appropriate Communication Skills
  4. Basic Technical Skills
  5. Reading and Writing Skills
  6. Motivation and Independence
3 Likes

As a 55 year old woman with children in college, going back to college myself didn’t seem realistic. It seemed that “ship had sailed”. Every now and then I would get an email from TESU and I finally decided to apply. To my surprise, they were so helpful and all of my credits were accepted. I am now on my way to getting my bachelor’s degree and have begun by enrolling in one online class. Now, the biggest challenge is time management. Since I’m juggling home, family, work and now school, it will take excellent time management skills to be successful.

2 Likes